Salford to move to Moor Lane?

On 18/08/2022 at 09:45, Red Willow said:

I will believe it if it happens. It's yet another drama in a long line of dramas for Salford.

Be interesting to see what deal the team get, will they receive any income from match day sales? How will he invest in the club. I certainly don't want the "Marwen" input again.

Shame you had to make the interminable thing about Marwan, Red Willow.

This is not about Marwan and any involvement of businessmen in sport can lead to difficulties but their lack of support can be far more decisive.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I assume you missed the point on purpose David, it would make too much difference who was in charge at the council.

Not sure about that. Having worked for council administrations of various political stripes in a previous career I can attest that some are more realistic and economically literate than others. 

• Haha 1

Just now, David Shepherd said:

Not sure about that. Having worked for council administrations of various political stripes in a previous career I can attest that some are more realistic and economically literate than others. 

I think that economic literacy is a fallacy that sounds nice though.

• Haha 1

The problem was Marwen caused us to be deducted points for the failure of the CVA we all knew he was never going to pay.

Ian Blease and Paul King have done something special with very limited budgets.

6 hours ago, Oxford said:

Shame you had to make the interminable thing about Marwan, Red Willow.

This is not about Marwan and any involvement of businessmen in sport can lead to difficulties but their lack of support can be far more decisive.

43 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

The problem was Marwen caused us to be deducted points for the failure of the CVA we all knew he was never going to pay.

Ian Blease and Paul King have done something special with very limited budgets.

Really Red Willow hauling over old coals  Yes Bleasy and Paul King doing just fine, amazingly. I'm not going back to arguments about Marwan under any circumstances.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

How good would it be now if Salford could get the ground and lock Rowley in with a bit of cash, could be another consistent challenge and hopefully get crowds up by 1000 or so. 

Salford have done very well yes. 

Blease, king, rowley, haggery have been outstanding 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

hows it all going?

I have read the Salford fans forum.

The Supporters Trust have contacted the Mayor and the MP's.

All bids should have been submitted by 19th August.

Sale union club are 30 million pounds in debt. 

The council continue to sell land adjacent to the stadiumhttps://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/salford-peel-to-sell-off-more-aj-bell-stadium-land/

I think it just awaits the council meeting...

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

On 20/09/2022 at 16:49, The storm said:

Salford have done very well yes. 

Blease, king, rowley, haggery have been outstanding 

To be fair Ian Watson played his part too.

10 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well either way it can be good. If It´s Moor Lane you can 3G and become a self sustaining championship club whose pitch is constantly in use for the local community and maybe get Swinton back near their home too and create something special. 

If it is the AJ Bell then you can use the commercial revenue to be a viable SL team and actually a commercial asset to the sport. 

Erm the aim is not to be a Championship club!

As a Game we have three major revenue streams - television, sponsorship and match day revenue. 

Agreed that SRD and every other club needs to have access to at least their full match day revenues.

More Dosh means any IMG plans is more likely to succeed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well either way it can be good. If It´s Moor Lane you can 3G and become a self sustaining championship club whose pitch is constantly in use for the local community and maybe get Swinton back near their home too and create something special. 

If it is the AJ Bell then you can use the commercial revenue to be a viable SL team and actually a commercial asset to the sport.

"become a self sustaining championship club"🙄

Yoid love that wouldn't you? You seem to have a chip on your shoulder with Salford about something so would be good if you could share....👍

33 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

To be fair Ian Watson played his part too.

Erm the aim is not to be a Championship club!

As a Game we have three major revenue streams - television, sponsorship and match day revenue. 

Agreed that SRD and every other club needs to have access to at least their full match day revenues.

More Dosh means any IMG plans is more likely to succeed.

Ignore him/it. Bully boy has some sort of issue with Salford and he loves to have a dig.😁

22 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

You can literally scroll up and see a comment from September 20th where I said 

22 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

People must be literally blind or delusional to think that is some anti Salford conspiracy. 

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

to be a viable SL team and actually a commercial asset to the sport. 

Mmmmmmmm!

21 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Compared to some Ruby Union clubs, Salford are doing great!

And for some people whatever they do would never be enough, though I appreciate you making the effort to try and communicate with bricks and mortar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Good news. Salford good club, hopefully now the local population will get behind the club , they deserve 7-8k every week minimum 

• Like 1