Another Joke Thread

Not a joke but I found this funny.

Today was the Melbourne Cup horse race - the race that allegedly stops the nation- and after the race the presenter on ABC National Radio spoke to some bloke called Ian from the Northern Territory.  Ian had just organised a saltwater crocodile race day for the same day.  The crocs were about 1.6m long and ‘hired’ from a local farm.

Ian said that they had held three races.  The presenter asked Ian what were the names of the winning crocs.  I can’t remember the names of the first two winners but Ian said that the winner of the third race was Croc Sucker!  It must have gone over the presenters head as he just prattled on.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Today was the Melbourne Cup horse race - the race that allegedly stops the nation- and after the race the presenter on ABC National Radio spoke to some bloke called Ian from the Northern Territory.  Ian had just organised a saltwater crocodile race day for the same day.  The crocs were about 1.6m long and ‘hired’ from a local farm.

Ian said that they had held three races.  The presenter asked Ian what were the names of the winning crocs.  I can’t remember the names of the first two winners but Ian said that the winner of the third race was Croc Sucker!  It must have gone over the presenters head as he just prattled on.

Crocodile racing! My kind of sport! Is there any footage of this out there?? 

2 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Brave jockeys 

• Haha 1

Reminds me the story of the guy that entered his pet into a dog fight.

The organiser asked " what breed is that"

" A long nosed long tailed short legged terrier" came the reply. " Mind you some people call them crocodiles"

• Haha 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

6 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Crocodile racing! My kind of sport! Is there any footage of this out there?? 

Not only is there footage, but our Antipodean cousins have applied all their sophisticated wit to the naming of the competitors.

https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/2021-croc-races-at-berry-springs-tavern/video/fefa776dad4191e3a1bbb5acf4203def 

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A nurse told me that the biggest threat facing the NHS is 'Holby City'; actually, she might have said 'obesity'!

OK, I admit it.  My daughter and I saw Milton Jones in Winchester on Sunday evening.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Not only is there footage, but our Antipodean cousins have applied all their sophisticated wit to the naming of the competitors.

https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/2021-croc-races-at-berry-springs-tavern/video/fefa776dad4191e3a1bbb5acf4203def 

Brilliant! Fast little beggers aren't they?! 😂

Without a doubt my new favourite sport because if there's one thing rugby league doesn't have its massive, slippery lizards!  ....oh wait. 

20 hours ago, Futtocks said:

nothing like a good old laugh at the expense of god's creatures is there? - more animal exploitation antics in the name of entertainment - poor things were probably scared witless- Aren't the human race a lovely lot? now a crocodile wrestling with Jamie Oliver would be a different story 

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Good news guys !!!!!

As you get older your John Thomas grows in size.

ITS TRUE I can prove it.

When I was 20 in the 60's my old man was the size of a Mars bar

Now I'm in my 70's it's twice as big as one

• Haha 2

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

May be a cartoon of text that says "kevrra 掛 1 Lousen The Zeonions came with the answers to many secrets of the universe. Vern, regrettably, came with thick glasses and his deer rifle."

• Haha 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

May be an image of text that says "Life is about perspective. You might think you're a lion...but to some people you're a dick. 流汁"

• Haha 2
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Members of the RMT, Post Office workers and ambulance service staff have voted unanimously to walk out-out and go on strike-strike after a ballot was taken criticising the poor conditions they have to endure on picket line duty. Charlie Endbell who was on strike supporting the RMT was quoted as saying,
"The conditions on the picket lines are bleedin' awful. There's no wi-fi, we have to sit on upturned buckets in front of a smokey fire in an oil drum, the nearest betting office is a mile away and our Costa Coffee ordered via Deliveroo always arrives bloody cold. We've missed all the football and there's no place to charge our I-phones. We have no choice but to go on a further strike-strike until our pitiful picketing conditions are improved. All we ask for is a Winnebago RV for each picket line, access to decent wi-fi and taxis to and from Bet Fred and Costa Coffee and perhaps the British Army could come out with a mobile field kitchen and a decent celebrity chef to keep us fed during these cold months.....it's hard work being a picket so until our conditions are vastly improved, we're all out-out on strike-strike"

• Haha 1