Sat 23rd Oct: Intl: France v England KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 14:00

1 minute ago, westlondonfan said:

Score wise that must be France’s best performance for some years?

They have so often performed worse than the sum of their parts in recent times, and the first 20 minutes today looked like it was turning into something even more humiliating than that.

With a good (or even half-decent) start, I think the current crop of players are very promising.

• Like 2

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

They have so often performed worse than the sum of their parts in recent times, and the first 20 minutes today looked like it was turning into something even more humiliating than that.

With a good (or even half-decent) start, I think the current crop of players are very promising.

I thought France's discipline was much better on the whole too, often after a start like that they would lose their heads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

I think the Aussies have enough problems trying to beat Tonga.

One swallow does not make a summer Frisky old boy, I was at that game in Auckland, Aus after a dominant start took their foot of the gas and gave Tonga some momentum which to their credit they built on, lightining does not strike twice in the same place meaning it will not ever happen again, the sun shone for Mate Ma'a that day there will only be dark clouds in the future for them.

If you want to have a private wager PM me.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I’m sure Makinson also hopes Hardaker never plays centre for England again 

I have been saying this for a very long time, Hardaker started out as a winger and it is still is best position, he played very well there in the 'Welsby' GF, a centre he is most definatley not.

1 hour ago, Tabby said:

Yes. England will have to send an even weaker side next time to entice them.

No seriously. 

An England team going with a virtual 2nd selection to go 20 points up after 20 minutes.

As a contest and to keep tv viewers I'm sorry but it did nothing for the game. 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

reece lynn was selected with the mentality of " we are playing france so he should be ok " and thats about that

All the more reason to have given Harry Newman the experience 

4 minutes ago, yanto said:

No seriously. 

An England team going with a virtual 2nd selection to go 20 points up after 20 minutes.

As a contest and to keep tv viewers I'm sorry but it did nothing for the game. 

Totally agree. Read the threads on here and those who are not typing now. Total waste of time.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Totally agree. Read the threads on here and those who are not typing now. Total waste of time.

Read the threads of those not typing, are you Mystic Meg?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

12 minutes ago, Tabby said:

No I'm 1000% RL

Found a bar in PDC Lanzarote who were willing to show the game against Premier League Football.

A lot of guys in their late fifties early sixties..old skool...we're also interested..Widnes  Saints guys who didn't know it was on.

After 20 minutes the game had gone.

France were aweful...any one disagree!

But if we can't keep "old league guys" interested and we can't get new people interested (and that today won't have grabbed a new audience )then the game is in trouble. 

Edited by yanto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, yanto said:

No I'm 1000% RL

Found a bar in PDC Lanzarote who were willing to show the game against Premier League Football.

A lot of guys in their late fifties early sixties..old skool...we're also interested..Widnes  Saints guys who didn't know it was on.

But if we can't keep "old league guys" interested and we can't get new people interested (and that today won't have grabbed a new audience then the game is in trouble. 

The game could easily have been 10-20 on 50 mins and the same again on 54 mins. Respectfully, anyone who switched off at 20 mins probably wasn't much interested to start with.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed it. I was worried after 20 minutes, but relaxed after 30 minutes. France showed bags of promise. The problem with our game, though, is that the better team will win very often. You only 2/3 weak links, and you will find yourself shipping 30 points. I am not sure how many more France can add to their team, but if they are slightly stronger then there is no excuse for England’s not playing them much more frequently. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Read those who are not typing? Useless tripe from you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, yanto said:

No I'm 1000% RL

But if we can't keep "old league guys" interested and we can't get new people interested (and that today won't have grabbed a new audience )then the game is in trouble. 

You make it sound like no team ever races into a big lead after 20 mins. I've seen Australia do similar to England/GB and it happens countless times in Super League. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

The game could easily have been 10-20 on 50 mins and the same again on 54 mins. Respectfully, anyone who switched off at 20 mins probably wasn't much interested to start with.

Serious. 

We have an international game live on BBC .

"Respectfully anyone who switched off after 20 minutes" may never switch on again .

Thats the  point. 

Prune tune Free to air TV and for tge casual/new fan it was over as a contest after 20 minutes 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

You make it sound like no team ever races into a big lead after 20 mins. I've seen Australia do similar to England/GB and it happens countless times in Super League. 

No we are talking about Catalan, Tolouse  and today France..

The up and coming in the game.

THE NEW ERA on Prime time free to air TV.

After 20  minutes neutral/ new fans would have switched off.

I know a lot of guys I sat with did.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, yanto said:

Maybe the problem lies with the lot of guys you sit with 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

44 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think he was saying that those who may not be aficionados of the game, may have switched off after 20 mins thinking it was a forgone conclusion.

Maybe they did. It's their loss though 

2 minutes ago, yanto said:

And?? We play so few internationals that every one becomes so overly important. Many times I’ve watched football games where a team is 3-0 Up after half an hour and it’s pretty much over.

if France had got off to a better start, instead of all those stupid errors, it could have been different but this is sport and these things happen.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, yanto said:

I admire the confidence to state with such certainty that a group of middle aged blokes on the ###### in Lanzarote are representative of the viewing public. 

I know mates who watched their first England game today and really enjoyed it. I better go and tell them they're wrong...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

An international match in any other sport wouldn't claim to have so many people so desperate to switch off as soon as the match began to improve.

Rugby League really is a death cult for some people.

• Like 7

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle