Jump to content

Two leagues of ten


Recommended Posts


17 hours ago, Yorkshire viking said:

Is the two leagues of ten going ahead . If so who will be in it . Is it top ten SL clubs clubs in top league . Then the bottom 2 Sl clubs and top 8 in championship for second league . Or is it invitational ? 

Save me a fortune if it does. I’ll cancel Sky Sports and Premier Sports. SL is ###### as it is and I can’t see two leagues of 10 improving it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I just accidently pulled a thread on my pyjamas. 

are you out on bail yet?

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
 Friedrich Nietzsche

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a ridiculous idea, we don’t have 20 (or 18 given the French) full-time-capable clubs in this country, but we’ve more than 8… why on earth would we exclude 2 clubs from the top league that can compete in it, to make 2 or 3 (that can’t) feel better by telling them they are now in “Super League 2 (shhhh, say that last but quietly…)”; padded out by another 5 who would get battered each week?

 

Another nonsense-on-a-stick idea from people who’s level of strategic thinking is limited to “how can I make those people from Featherstone and Halifax stop moaning at me on the golf course” 🙄

 

 

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Another nonsense-on-a-stick idea from people who’s level of strategic thinking is limited to “how can I make those people from Featherstone and Halifax stop moaning at me on the golf course” 🙄

 

 

Not wrong, Featherstone add little value to the game - especially now they are dual regin' with Leeds. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If we were going to go with a closed shop league of 10 we should go for big cities with ambitious Rugby League teams, rather than small clubs that have been bumbling along near the bottom of Super League since it’s inception 25 years ago. This would grow the game imo, but as I said I think a league of 10 would be a mistake.

Wigan,St Helens, Warrington, Huddersfield are not cities never mind big cities lol, you never fail to amaze me.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Wigan,St Helens, Warrington, Huddersfield are not cities never mind big cities lol, you never fail to amaze me.

Wakefield is considerably bigger than York, and a city, yet he’d boot Trinity out in favour of YCK to get more big cities involved. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

¿Que? 

I just accidently pulled a thread on my pyjamas.

"That's what they all say," said the arresting officer. 😀

  • Haha 2

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
 Friedrich Nietzsche

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

You can say that again.

 

 

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’ve said no such thing, just that I believe York or Newcastle would add more to the competition than Wakefield. 

Another pathetic comment ffs if  you are good enough you go up. Reward success on the pitch not on geography/wealthy owners . Why would York or Newcastle add more ? Last season they weren’t  good enough to challenge the top of the Championship.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Wakefield is considerably bigger than York, and a city, yet he’d boot Trinity out in favour of YCK to get more big cities involved. 

I do think Wakefield have a lot of potential and are going the right way. They have shown in the past that they can get good crowds for one off big games and with 2 new stands and all the increased income streams they will be a club transformed. As you say if we were looking at reasonable size places for SL Wakefield would certainly be up there.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/12/2021 at 08:20, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If we were going to go with a closed shop league of 10 we should go for big cities with ambitious Rugby League teams, rather than small clubs that have been bumbling along near the bottom of Super League since it’s inception 25 years ago. This would grow the game imo, but as I said I think a league of 10 would be a mistake.

Which small clubs would you drop?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, tec said:

 

 

Another pathetic comment ffs if  you are good enough you go up. Reward success on the pitch not on geography/wealthy owners . Why would York or Newcastle add more ? Last season they weren’t  good enough to challenge the top of the Championship.

York have been in bits more times than a box of lego. Newcastle has great potential but as you say, promotion should be earned on the field.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...