Jump to content

Premier Sports


Recommended Posts


8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So come on , what happened to the thread about Emma ? , Go to work it's on page 8 , come home and it's gone 

 

No one could read it any more as it was covered like a plasterer's radio by a few of the posters unable to control themselves.

  • Haha 8

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/01/2022 at 15:21, Gav Wilson said:

Yep, you seem desperate to find a legitimate reason not to watch Championship RL. If you can't/don't want to pay for it thats absolutely fine, just say that.

You have said this kind of thing many times before Gav and it comes across as quite arrogant. As a starting point do you have any idea of the demographic spread of Championship RL fans and of their IT skills? Just because you find it easy doesn't make those who don't the contrarians.

Many of my watching friends have looked at the availability and what they need to do to access it and have decided against. They do regularly spend their money on travelling home and away to watch their team, however.

If you don't have Sky Sports then the Premier channels are relatively inaccessible.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

It really honestly isn't Jonny. It's easier now than it ever has been to access the channel. 

Not on a TV unless you are prepared and technically able to go through the casting palaver. See my earlier post and respond to my comments about demographics. If you read elsewhere about Virgin customers trying to get access and it is a mini nightmare. If you have Sky Sports then it is fine, if you don't then you might as well go the whole hog, get yourself a hacked Firestick and get it all for nothing.

Personally I am capable of jumping through the hoops - my point is that it shouldn't be necessary.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Personally I am capable of jumping through the hoops - my point is that it shouldn't be necessary.

I'm afraid thats the future of television BSJ. In a few years it'll all be online and on demand via apps, in fact it almost is right now (now I have Sky Glass I no longer even have an aerial or sky dish on my house). People have to move with the times.

The Premier Player app is absolutely fine for this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'm afraid thats the future of television BSJ. In a few years it'll all be online and on demand via apps, in fact it almost is right now (now I have Sky Glass I no longer even have an aerial or sky dish on my house). People have to move with the times.

The Premier Player app is absolutely fine for this.

It'll be a long time before it is all online. It is nowhere near all online now. Miles away. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he's right. BBC Three has returned to scheduled terrestrial because of the low numbers watching on line. 

Anyway, I won't be watching  Championship,so I'm out .

“If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.” Zen Proverb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/02/2022 at 19:04, Smudger06 said:

Shout Out.....everyone watch the highlights on Premiers YouTube channel for at least 60+ seconds.....let's get those viewing figures smashing the United Rugga vids 💪👍🤣

6k for Ulster RU vs Connacht RU (uploaded 10 hours ago)

<1k for Fev vs York (uploaded 2 days ago)

I’ll put it on repeat all day 😂 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

We'll see Dave. I think you're wrong though, with all due respect.

It's not that long ago analogue was switched off! 

Sometimes we need to step back from our bubbles and realise there are plenty out there who do not consume stuff like us. Of course online is key with streaming services, but the majority of channels in the UK are through tv's, and there is no indication that changes. 

Things like Sky Glass are fixing a problem rather than being a game changer in innovation. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights and I have to say Premier Sports are a vastly improved outfit compared to when I subscribed previously. The quality of the footage and all round production was excellent. 

I think Mark Wilson is an excellent commentator and far better than any of the Sky commentators. Kev Brown and Leon Pryce compliment this with chiming in at the right times with thoughtful analysis.

On the whole the production was very watchable and preferable to what we often see on Sky. Really impressive especially considering the budget differences between the two companies and the value of the respective TV rights.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Damien said:

Just watched the highlights and I have to say Premier Sports are a vastly improved outfit compared to when I subscribed previously. The quality of the footage and all round production was excellent. 

I think Mark Wilson is an excellent commentator and far better than any of the Sky commentators. Kev Brown and Leon Pryce compliment this with chiming in at the right times with thoughtful analysis.

On the whole the production was very watchable and preferable to what we often see on Sky. Really impressive especially considering the budget differences between the two companies and the value of the respective TV rights.

I agree, my only issue was Premier Player is good but not outstanding. I kept getting buffering when on my phone and the quality when casted was way behind what I would expect on a large TV. 

But they did a good job, hopefully it goes from strength to strength. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I agree, my only issue was Premier Player is good but not outstanding. I kept getting buffering when on my phone and the quality when casted was way behind what I would expect on a large TV. 

But they did a good job, hopefully it goes from strength to strength. 

Worked fine for me last week, could set it casting then close the app on the phone (other casting options sometimes don’t allow that)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'm afraid thats the future of television BSJ. In a few years it'll all be online and on demand via apps, in fact it almost is right now (now I have Sky Glass I no longer even have an aerial or sky dish on my house). People have to move with the times.

The Premier Player app is absolutely fine for this.

You still choose to ignore my first point Gav and do take into account that we are talking about now. If we can't get access for the majority of current Championship fans there may not be this future that you confidently predict.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You still choose to ignore my first point Gav and do take into account that we are talking about now. If we can't get access for the majority of current Championship fans there may not be this future that you confidently predict.

Who says the majority of current fans can’t access it?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You still choose to ignore my first point Gav and do take into account that we are talking about now. If we can't get access for the majority of current Championship fans there may not be this future that you confidently predict.

I really struggle to believe that a majority of championship fans can't use the internet these days. My eighty-five year old mother-in-law seems to get on just fine. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

We'll see Dave. I think you're wrong though, with all due respect.

Terrestrial signal is the easier signal to send and to recieve and cheapest. So will always be big, technically gifted or not. It travels a lot further than 4g, 5g or WiFi although not as far as satellite transmissions which are super expensive in comparison anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Damien said:

Just watched the highlights and I have to say Premier Sports are a vastly improved outfit compared to when I subscribed previously. The quality of the footage and all round production was excellent. 

I think Mark Wilson is an excellent commentator and far better than any of the Sky commentators. Kev Brown and Leon Pryce compliment this with chiming in at the right times with thoughtful analysis.

On the whole the production was very watchable and preferable to what we often see on Sky. Really impressive especially considering the budget differences between the two companies and the value of the respective TV rights.

Was Emma any good?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...