Premier Sports

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, wiggler said:

If anyone is considering signing up to Premier Sports I suggest you read the trust pilot reviews before you sign up.  Extremely poor ratings.

I can imagine these Monday night fixtures will have a big impact on the attendances, Fev always enjoy a big following from Leigh I expect the attendance to be drastically reduced for the visit of Leigh on the 7th Feb, Leigh are also on v Bradford at the LSV on the 14th Feb and away to Halifax on the 21st Feb, all 3 attendances will suffer drastically as will the hospitality and refreshment sales, is it worth it to the club's for the paltry recompense they are going to receive, not a chance, just another gem from the RL.

25 minutes ago, wiggler said:

If anyone is considering signing up to Premier Sports I suggest you read the trust pilot reviews before you sign up.  Extremely poor ratings.

I've had it quite a while through Sky (mainly for the Scottish football) and it works a treat for me. Literally no different to Sky Sports. And most vitally is as live as is humanly possible (anyone who watches football TV and has Flash Scores notifications on their phone will know what I mean), albeit inevitably that isn't the case for Premier Player.

It's not polished but it gets you the action you want to see. For games which are going to struggle to find another broadcaster you can't really ask for too much more.

Although they do try to take you round the houses when you try to cancel (although so do Sky by all accounts).

I’ve held off on it tbh , I have Sky and I’ll get watchNRL again . I can’t see anything else on it id want to watch , I can’t guarantee I’ll watch all the games and they may be on free sports a day or 2 later .

38 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’ve held off on it tbh , I have Sky and I’ll get watchNRL again . I can’t see anything else on it id want to watch , I can’t guarantee I’ll watch all the games and they may be on free sports a day or 2 later .

There’s also the announcement of 20 games on The Sportsman, which I think is going to be free. 

3 hours ago, M j M said:

It's not polished but it gets you the action you want to see. For games which are going to struggle to find another broadcaster you can't really ask for too much more.

Although they do try to take you round the houses when you try to cancel (although so do Sky by all accounts).

You can just log in to your account and cancel from the next payment onwards. They also have a very responsive email account, though sadly they saw through my ruse to get a refund on my subscription and sign up again for half price on Black Friday 😂 

Spent 25 minutes on the phone to Sky the other day to try and get a better deal on my renewal. Turned out the deal they were offering was £15 a month more than the one that came up when logging in to my MySky account 🙄 

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You can just log in to your account and cancel from the next payment onwards. They also have a very responsive email account, though sadly they saw through my ruse to get a refund on my subscription and sign up again for half price on Black Friday 😂 

Spent 25 minutes on the phone to Sky the other day to try and get a better deal on my renewal. Turned out the deal they were offering was £15 a month more than the one that came up when logging in to my MySky account 🙄 

Matt, that's because they know you are a Hibs fan 😜 Up the Accies !

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Depends which Sky department you get through to, the Cancellation team is authorised to give you a bigger discount than the Renewals team. At renewal time I ring the Cancellation team with a Virgin Media quote or other and they always try to match it.

14 hours ago, wiggler said:

I'd consider that the only time anyone is going to be tempted to review a TV channel is when something has gone wrong.

Are the reviews about the online service or just general watching issues?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Ove just read the trust pilot reviews. Wow Premier is like marmite. Mainly either 5 stars or one. 

I have Premier Sport Player and never had any issues. I bought it for 60 quid, but there is other stuff on there that I watch and bought as a separate package last year, so actually I am saving money in my head by subscribing. And then I get a game every Monday night.

If it was just those Monday night games, for 12 quid a month, would I do it, not sure. I have emailed them and suggested that it would be great if they looked at other RL content (frence, Serbian, nz, home nations international etc) too and they wrote back and said they were looking at all options.

18 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I can imagine these Monday night fixtures will have a big impact on the attendances, Fev always enjoy a big following from Leigh I expect the attendance to be drastically reduced for the visit of Leigh on the 7th Feb, Leigh are also on v Bradford at the LSV on the 14th Feb and away to Halifax on the 21st Feb, all 3 attendances will suffer drastically as will the hospitality and refreshment sales, is it worth it to the club's for the paltry recompense they are going to receive, not a chance, just another gem from the RL.

I bought premier sports through my clubs discounted rate , but I will still attend my clubs matches , hopefully like myself other Fan's will do the same and use it to watch regular championship rugby on a Monday evening 😀😀😀.

Not had a problem with PS to be fair.

Got it for £60 with zero mither.

I went into my account and removed the auto subscribe option for next year.

They don't mention that when you sign up. I asked and they informed me. 

As for Sky sports, when you are within a month of your subscription being up ring sky and ask to speak to the retentions dept.

Don't enter into conversion with the the person who you are chatting to.Chances are this is a subsidiary company employed to try and get you on a fast deal.

My deal was up before Christmas. They said my new payments would be £132....

30 minutes onto the retentions dept.and I agreed an 18 month deal at £96 a month.

Martin Lewis  gives good advice on this subject. 

21 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

I've got Premier Sports. No problems at all. 

Likewise. Think of it this way. Far more people who have a complaint about something register that, than those who have nothing to complain about. If often think these sorts of review pages should be taken with a pinch of salt on that basis.

Archived