Jump to content

Well Batley on Sunday how do you see this going


Evs62
 Share

Recommended Posts


It’s games like that today when you wish you had that xfactor player we often talk about . The Sammut , the Holroyd which we just don’t have could  win you a game like that . Generally our best players this year were our best players last year , we haven’t really signed anyone who can grab a game like that and win it 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Unicorn 106 said:

So proud of the boys today, great effort  against a good team. Those first points can't be far away. UTT

Even in defeat you can take something out of that ,Batley are a good team so you haven't done too bad.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So much better than we’ve been performing from 1 -17 and very unlucky to not get at least a draw. First half was nearly flawless as regards penalties and six agains but we made a few errors in that 2nd half that cost us.  Like others I’m a bit baffled when our most dangerous dummy half runner against big forwards is used in the middle. Could have made such a difference with his speed off the mark. Oscar was outstanding and he has got to move into the half’s, a bit of unpredictability and off the cuff from him could open defences. I feel for young Bickerdike, I don’t know what happened but assume he lost the ball while touching down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Even in defeat you can take something out of that ,Batley are a good team so you haven't done too bad.

I know what you mean, but I would prefer we were play s@#t and have a few points on board 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done to the 20 or so Batley fans who made the effort to watch their team today. The guy singing ," you're going down with the Dewsbury," at the end of the game was lucky to leave the ground with his teeth intact . Absolute D##k head.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Well done to the 20 or so Batley fans who made the effort to watch their team today. The guy singing ," you're going down with the Dewsbury," at the end of the game was lucky to leave the ground with his teeth intact . Absolute D##k head.

I found the ones we spoke to were good crack and surely singing that is pure banter. Like we wouldn’t have done it if the shoe was on the other foot. And tbf he’s bang on, we are going down with dewsbury 

  • Like 3

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Well done to the 20 or so Batley fans who made the effort to watch their team today. The guy singing ," you're going down with the Dewsbury," at the end of the game was lucky to leave the ground with his teeth intact . Absolute D##k head.

I think it's just banter but know what's it like

Edited by Fevrover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, wonky said:

I thought the graft was there today, Oscar was the best player on the pitch and cain was outstanding yet again. How Ethan managed to bomb that at the end I’ll never know, and a point would have been fair on both teams. Why oh why are we wasting Matty Henson as a battering ram? Blows my mind why we’ve decided to bring her another hooker into the club when we have 2 quality ones and Dec who can cover there if needed, so why have we brought another in when we’re desperate for a centre and props? I thought our halves offered next to nothing today in all honesty. Surely trying oscar and stand off when broadbent is fit to play full back is worth a try.

Pulled out Wonkey has was going to touchdown.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Pulled out Wonkey has was going to touchdown.

Surely he could have hit the deck earlier? 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THMS said:

Can't fault the team today. Best they have played this season I think. If a few decisions had gone our way we would of won. Ref was a disgrace. 

He was last week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

It’s games like that today when you wish you had that xfactor player we often talk about . The Sammut , the Holroyd which we just don’t have could  win you a game like that . Generally our best players this year were our best players last year , we haven’t really signed anyone who can grab a game like that and win it 

I'm looking forward to Teare and Tate in the same team. I was hoping one of these twins was a scrum half but why the he'll have we signed another hooker and a small forward?? We deserved at least a point again, I think their player stuck an arm out as he went for the line and managed to loosen his grip on it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, wonky said:

I found the ones we spoke to were good crack and surely singing that is pure banter. Like we wouldn’t have done it if the shoe was on the other foot. And tbf he’s bang on, we are going down with dewsbury 

Keep the faith...we may just survive 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh I today haven't got bad word to say against the club from 1 to 17 gave 100% and the club put on a great day for all music before and singer after the game all we are lacking as a club is the bounce off the ball going our way 

Today I though Caine and Oscar were outstanding but the team need to take alot off positives from that and take this week Break and contuine this form as the win is not far off if we continue as we are 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

 I feel for young Bickerdike, I don’t know what happened but assume he lost the ball while touching down. 

Ally Leak ripped it out, the jam eating git 🙂

  • Haha 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Ally Leak ripped it out, the jam eating git 🙂

Probably should have been a draw . We had a bad off day and apparently your lads showed up to give us a game. It just unfortunate on uour part that the team with the most points won, not the team who played the better. Hope you survive this season and build on what uou are achieving. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Also Alex Young had a real good game for me, clegg getting more involved too.

1 17 all had a dig and deserves more

He carried it strongly , no doubt at all , but what should be his greatest asset and a weapon for us as a team is in honesty his weakest trait . He’s very poor under a contested high ball , offensively and defensively . The try we conceded he didnt attack and make that his at all , and offensively he gets beat to the ball by wingers he has a big size advantage over

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't like to blame the ref but it sounds like he cost us 2 points last week at dewsbury and again today he was the difference. I just wish we had a ref every week like ben thaler who referees both teams the same and you hardly notice, instead of bennett who seems to love being the centre of attention 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I don't like to blame the ref but it sounds like he cost us 2 points last week at dewsbury and again today he was the difference. I just wish we had a ref every week like ben thaler who referees both teams the same and you hardly notice, instead of bennett who seems to love being the centre of attention 

We had Ben Thaler today at haven and he was dire couldn’t stop giving pens and six agains 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The ref was a little bizarre at times, but find me one that isn't? He was very inconsistent with taking both sides back 10m, some tackles he'd take players back 6 or 7m, other times 16 or 17m without rhyme nor reason. I don't think your number 8 managed to pass a ball backwards all afternoon, but didn't get any of them called as such. Then he called some that were very marginal from both sides as forward, but I guess he calls them as he sees them. 

Oscar Thomas was the best player on the field from either side today in my opinion.

On that display, that first win won't be far off. The performance from Workington was probably the most disciplined I've seen from anyone we've played this season. Very few penalties, or mistakes with ball in hand. We've battered quite a few teams down the middle this season, but we didn't today and our HB's didn't get the chance to create anything much.

Really enjoyed my visit, game wasn't the best but the hospitality was at least. It has been a long time since my last visit, (Brad Hepi played for you that day). 

Best of luck for the rest of the season, hope you stay up! So the next visit won't be as long as the last.

 

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wonky said:

I thought the graft was there today, Oscar was the best player on the pitch and cain was outstanding yet again. How Ethan managed to bomb that at the end I’ll never know, and a point would have been fair on both teams. Why oh why are we wasting Matty Henson as a battering ram? Blows my mind why we’ve decided to bring her another hooker into the club when we have 2 quality ones and Dec who can cover there if needed, so why have we brought another in when we’re desperate for a centre and props? I thought our halves offered next to nothing today in all honesty. Surely trying oscar and stand off when broadbent is fit to play full back is worth a try.

Henson is a nightmare to defend against,  especially when close to the line, and always has been, the amount of times he has baffled and scored from that position is unreal,  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

We had Ben Thaler today at haven and he was dire couldn’t stop giving pens and six agains 

Been the best we've had this season. Twice I think

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with DavidM about Young. He was good yesterday defensively under the high ball (maybe only once under real pressure) but offensively? I get the impression he lacks a bit of aggression - he should be a nightmare for opposing teams.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...