Wire sign some props

11 hours ago, daz39 said:

Will next year be their year then?

Come on, someone give him a '😆', that was hilarious.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I actually think Mikaele will turn out OK for Wire, not spectacular by any means but a decent forward who will help them make yards.

Kasiano is an interesting one - can be great coming off the bench if he can be bothered to turn up, but can equally be lazy as hell and just plod around completely disinterested. Be interesting to see if his attitude changes under Powell (though he's always been like that all through his career).

Dudson is a baffling signing - complete waste of space IMO

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Come on, someone give him a '😆', that was hilarious.

lets be fair.. all you have to do is make the play offs and then its knock out footy... therefore if Mikaele works out it could still be our year this year... that would wipe the smile off some faces... i'd also fall off my seat at Old Trafford in shock (and perhaps inebriation) 

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Dudson is a baffling signing - complete waste of space IMO

🤨 🤨🤨🤨

TOOHS, TOOHS ....O H S🎶

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I didn't rate Dudson when he was at Wigan (as a Wigan fan) but he got loads better at Salford and has always seemed solid to me at Cats; not spectacular but does the job and can make the odd impact play.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I didn't rate Dudson when he was at Wigan (as a Wigan fan) but he got loads better at Salford and has always seemed solid to me at Cats; not spectacular but does the job and can make the odd impact play.  

The sign of a good prop is that even when they don't play well they're busy doing the invisible stuff.

TOOHS, TOOHS ....O H S🎶

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Excellent signing . Big upgrade on Dudson and Kasiano 

I agree. He had a pretty poor season last year but this season he's started to show some good form again - definately an upgrade and really adds to their pack

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Kyle Amor the next signing for Warrington. 

That rumour came from a Wire message board so not sure how much truth their is in it.

Having said that Saints would have to free up cap space if they want to bring in another experienced half back this year

Amor to Wire, Cooper to Wigan is doing the rounds. Big step backwards for us in terms of quality if so, but reading between the lines, if Powell thinks it’s needed to get some squad harmony and have everyone pulling in the same direction then so be it. I’ve heard people at the club felt Hill had to go for similar reasons and that it wasn’t just a case of more money / longer deal at Huddersfield but necessary for a culture change at the club.

30 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

That rumour came from a Wire message board so not sure how much truth their is in it.

Having said that Saints would have to free up cap space if they want to bring in another experienced half back this year

A journalist who covers Warrington is leading with it today. 

32 minutes ago, The storm said:

Warrington now have more props than trophies

Yes, I imagine most clubs do.🤨

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

14 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I guess his time at Saints is now over then and will be looking for a new club for next season

Hopefully he puts a good stint in to out himself in the shop window, whether that's with us or elsewhere

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alffi 7 said:

necessary for a culture change at the club.

Powell explicitly stated in his first meeting he was going to change the systems from top to bottom, and wants a bigger focus on leadership and mentality. The video is up somewhere. I know for certain he said he wanted the squad to buy into the mindset and accept things were going to run differently. Certain players (big earners?) seem to have struggled or resisted change, and now they’re being shipped out.

I have to say I’m backing Powell on this. Enough coaches have failed to get a consistent winning mentality from a squad of superstars. Now Powell is building a less flashy squad and promoting some of our excellent academy products, something that Wire fans were crying out for the last couple of seasons, and opposition fans revelled in (as Price stuck with his favourites).

This needed to happen at some point and I’m glad it’s Powell bringing the young players through and not a Price-style NRL coach.

• Like 4

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm surprised at Saints letting Amor go really. A good move by Warrington. 

The talk is he’s going to Widnes next year but he’s still good cover for this year. My guess is Saints are trying to juggle the cap so they can bring in cover for Dodd later in the year. 

20 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The talk is he’s going to Widnes next year but he’s still good cover for this year. My guess is Saints are trying to juggle the cap so they can bring in cover for Dodd later in the year. 

I'd heard he was off to Barrow next year