Sat 28th May: Challenge Cup Final: Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00 (BBC One)

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/22 at 14:30

Your annual reminder.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

ย 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

38 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

ย 

Do you know how its viewed in Aus now, is it still a big thing or just ignored? I know it used to be a huge match down under, pubs opening at daft o`clock to accommodate it etc.

Just now, dkw said:

Do you know how its viewed in Aus now, is it still a big thing or just ignored? I know it used to be a huge match down under, pubs opening at daft o`clock to accommodate it etc.

No idea - maybe start a thread with the question on the TRL Aussie forum. It would be interesting to find out.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 hours ago, meast said:

Can it be over now and Huddersfield win it for the first time since 1953.... Please ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™‚

Well you do have a 100% record against Wigan in Challenge Cup Finals.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

7 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

Off topic and apologies if covered elsewhere, but what pubs are fans planning to go to pre game, seeing as it's not at Wembley and so the usual places are off limits?

The Redemption Brewing Co taproom is closed on the day. They normally open on matchdays but have a staff shortage.

The Corner Pin is a Beavertown pub directly opposite the stadium. (I will probably have one in there).ย 

The Bill Nicholson is a pretty standard pub near a football stadium by all accounts.ย 

The Antwerp Arms is recommended too.ย 

Think it will be a close game and Huddersfield will give it a big go, but suspect Wigan will just about have too much and maybe win by 10. Don't think a Huddersfield win would be a major surprise either though because of their ability to stay in games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scubby said:

Do we know who is wearing what colours yet? Wigan in blue? That's one of their better away strips.

For their semi-final Huddersfield were in claret (and gold) and Hull KR in red.

I was surprised that was allowed, but maybe both will be in their main kit for the final.

Although perhaps cherry is a bit closer to claret than HKR's red.

Edited by Barley Mow

8 hours ago, Scubby said:

Do we know who is wearing what colours yet? Wigan in blue? That's one of their better away strips.

They will both wear their home shirts, I reckon. The press leading up to the final is a bit of a giveaway usually and itโ€™s been like this;

spacer.png

ย 

'Don't really care who wins, but what I want to see is a good 'tear-up' with at least 4 of each side sent off for long bans and extra time played.ย  Perhaps even the Coaches having a 'handbags' set to in front of the camaras, that would be an additional bonus.

Yes, it's called 'vested interest' and I'm not ashamed of it, as we play both clubs soon.

'Every little helps'

ย 

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.ย  ย  ย 'Tell him I can't see him'.ย  ย  ย  The late, great Tommy Cooper

ย 

Gutted for Theo but delighted for Olly Russell, Matty English, Sam Hewitt and Innes Senior, 4 home grown lads who came through the system together who deserve this !!!!

Edited by daz39
  • Like 1

No Theo Fages for the Giants, according to this.

ย 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, daz39 said:

ย 

Gutted for Theo but delighted for Olly Russell, Sam Hewitt and Innes Senior, 3 home grown lads who came through the system together who deserve this !!!!

Snap! :kolobok_biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

With Tommy passed fit, he may take Shorrocksโ€™ place on the bench as the hooking interchange. That really improves us, and gives us our strongest 17 (I much prefer Oโ€™Neill to Powell). If we lose, we wonโ€™t be able to point to absentees as a reason. Simply canโ€™t wait. 2 more sleeps.ย 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

With Tommy passed fit, he may take Shorrocksโ€™ place on the bench as the hooking interchange. That really improves us, and gives us our strongest 17 (I much prefer Oโ€™Neill to Powell). If we lose, we wonโ€™t be able to point to absentees as a reason. Simply canโ€™t wait. 2 more sleeps.ย 

Fingers crossed Tommy is ok and you'd have to think that would be the move we'll make. It could be a real game changer for us that with his leadership and also the fact he's a far more natural 9 than Shorrocks. I don't see him starting but a decent spell in the second half could really help settle us and we shouldn't see any drop off when Brad O'Neill goes off.ย 

ย 

ย 

4 hours ago, daz39 said:

ย 

Gutted for Theo but delighted for Olly Russell, Matty English, Sam Hewitt and Innes Senior, 4 home grown lads who came through the system together who deserve this !!!!

Is Fage injured or just left out? If left out it could come back to bite Watson in the ######, wasn't he MOM against Wigan a couple if weeks ago.