Fri 15th Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/22 at 19:30

3 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Any idea why Wigan took French off before the hour? Would probably have got even more but for that!

I said it before - Shaun Edwards and Martin Offiah got on the phone and made veiled threats.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

Oh dear Hull. Think you need to find another head coach. 🙂

Hull need to find a whole new strategy of how they operate. Successful teams have a mixture of top quality homegrown players and top class imports. When was the last time Hull brought through an international quality player?! I’m stumped tbh and how can that be the case when the game is so strong there? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jughead said:

I’m bored of Hull FC. There, I said it. 

I’m bored of injury crisis after injury crisis. Every. Single. Season. Without fail. I’m bored Hull getting battered by 40+ four or five times a year. I’m bored of Hull punctuating their hideous form by occasionally looking like a group of blokes who have actually met each other and have actually played the game before. I’m bored of Adam Pearson. I’m bored of Hull being rubbish despite the coaching changes. I’m bored of the KC being a shackles around the club. 

So, yeah, relegate Hull. You’re boring. 

How do you think people like me an the other several hundred Hull FC fans who were at the game last night feel?

But without people like us, clubs would die. If RL clubs relied on speccies who only turn up when a club is successful or not "boring", there would only be a handful of clubs left.

Hull FC have played 19 SL games this year and won 9 of them, unbelievably, there are 6 teams currently lower than us in the table. Hull FC beat Wigan 31-22 in the reverse fixture less than two months ago. 

Anyway, enough of all that, what about the criteria for being SL Champions? Shall we make it whoever is the most interesting club? The one with the biggest scandals or rumours?

Perhaps Hull FC might be in with a shout.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, WN83 said:

French was very good but Jai Field was absolutely incredible. He set up most of them and scored a couple himself. It would be extremely rare (rare meaning probably never) but a guy with 7 try’s probably wasn’t man of the match. 

Jai Field who managed only 17 NRL appearances in 4 seasons yet becomes a star in SL.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Jai Field who managed only 17 NRL appearances in 4 seasons yet becomes a star in SL.

Don't forget Brett Hodgson was the victim of that memorable Gordon Tallis tackle when he single handedly dragged him about 30 yards before throwing him into touch in the intense atmosphere of a State of Origin match.

A few years later Hodgson signed for Huddersfield and won Man of Steel over here.

39 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I think it's fair to mention that at the start of these 4 seasons he was only 19. That is certainly some mitigation, plenty of NRL players don't become established until later.

I should have mentioned earlier, it was nice to catch up with Padge and Native New Yorker once again, been a while since I saw them last.

I couldn't help but notice their arrivals don't get any more punctual though, although, to be fair, they only missed 5 of Bevan French's tries.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think it's fair to mention that at the start of these 4 seasons he was only 19. That is certainly some mitigation, plenty of NRL players don't become established until later.

And lots do Damien, wasn't there two 19 year olds in the origin game on Wednesday?

I know we have had some bad examples come over from Aus but the truth is average player's in the NRL can really shine in the SL such is the level of difference in the competitions, and visa versa especially in the backs like Gildart, Burgess, Hall, Watkins, Tomkins etc some of our better player's simply can't make a long sustained go of it.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

He is one of the biggest stars to emerge in SL in the last decade that's all that matters. He is perfectly suited to SL and just electric to watch. He's like a throwback to the 1990s with his build and the tries he scores. 

Jamie Vardy had never played Championship or Premier League until he joined Leicester in his mid 20s. Sometimes it just clicks. 

Edited by Scubby

22 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

can't we get bf in the England squad didn't his great grandma own an English bull terrier or summat?

Steady on, he was only up against those boring bas**ards Hull FC.

12 hours ago, Jughead said:

Can we just relegate Hull regardless of the league table this year?

As a long suffereing Wakey supporter, that sounds an excellent idea. 

Hull supporters may well be running out of patience,  but I can assure you us left supporting Wakey are finding it even tougher

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It was you who brought it up "he was only 19" in some way trying to protect him!

Talk about a lame attempt to try and take something out of context. If someone is going to moan about a lack of NRL appearances going back to when the said player is a teenager its only fair to point out that his age would have played some part in that.

Plenty of players are not established in the NRL at 19. Plenty does not mean all, that should be fairly obvious to anyone.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Horses for courses.. remember someone like Greg Eastwood - 250 NRL and about 30 NZ appearances..... played about a dozen games for Leeds and was awful in SL....