The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

6 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

As an Aussie, Who watches Plenty of NRL and SL Jack Welsby is one of the best players I’ve ever watched, and truly of the best players in the world at only 21. 

The Bloke could become anything, but as a roosters fan I want him to stay and Saint Helens unless he joins the roosters, because I couldn’t bare to have to play against him.

As I see it there are two functions to the role of Fullback, one of them is the offensive side of which Welsby is excellent at, but on the defensive side young Jack is somewhat lacking in technique and he has produced quite a few howlers this season especially when an attacker is running directly at him, coming in from the side he is much better at with his speed he can run a man down.

I said this earlier in the season and some Saints fans immediately went on the defensive stating that he is still young and will learn the role, if he does or doesn't at the monent it is definatley a chink in his armour.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jai Whitbread looking like yet another player following the main development pathway to Hull KR first team.  

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

21 minutes ago, Thunder Road said:

Yes just read that about Croft.Salford must have serious financial issues if they are happy to sell their prized asset.

They may not be happy about it but if he wants to go and they can get a lot of money for him then they may as well cash in. Keeping an unhappy player rarely ends well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thunder Road said:

Yes just read that about Croft.Salford must have serious financial issues if they are happy to sell their prized asset.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they signed him to that long contract was to cash in on him later so it probably shouldn't surprise or distress them.

Leeds will outbid anyone else, the question is what does the player want. And what NRL get out clauses will be needed.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, M j M said:

I'm pretty sure the only reason they signed him to that long contract was to cash in on him later so it probably shouldn't surprise or distress them.

Leeds will outbid anyone else, the question is what does the player want. And what NRL get out clauses will be needed.

What makes you think Leeds will outbid everyone else ?

Anyway, a cheaper option for Leigh would be to sign Blake Austin. His Family very settled when at Warrington and would not surprise me if the Croft deal doesn't materialize.

On 29/09/2023 at 00:05, DG70 said:

Good post, don't think the dour displays on the pitch are doing much for the cause, perhaps Mr Davy has miscalculated somewhat regarding the coach?

Much as I agree regarding the coach, historically I don't recall Giants ever having crowds such as Wigan and Leeds get so I don't think gthe blame for it can be laid at Mr Watson's door.

50 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

What makes you think Leeds will outbid everyone else ?

Anyway, a cheaper option for Leigh would be to sign Blake Austin. His Family very settled when at Warrington and would not surprise me if the Croft deal doesn't materialize.

Cheaper and not as good

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds have offered a big transfer fee for Brodie Croft. 

Source? Jenna again?

3 hours ago, Thunder Road said:

Yup. The club whose crowds have increased, who received a silly but welcomed fee for Dupree, raised £1/3m from the fans, is applying for associated grants up to £1m plus due to the community club status and will receive 1/5th of food and drink revenues from next year.

King said last month that Salford intend to increase Operational costs by £350k next year. 

Crisis?! Hardly the multi million indebted financial doping elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Difference here is Salford are not denying this one. 

Paul King wouldn't have much time left if he had to respond to every piece of clickbait.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Ieeds will outbid anyone else, the question is what does the player want. And what NRL get out clauses will be needed.

How much are Leeds in debt now? Why is Newman off and can anyone be sure Rohan will be there come next season?

Anyway Jai Whitbread is off to KR. The agents of Tarif Simms and Rhys Kennedy is being touted round NW clubs and if Thompson does arrive at Wigan, which of their props will be loaned out?

Just now, idrewthehaggis said:

Source? Jenna again?

Yup. The club whose crowds have increased, who received a silly but welcomed fee for Dupree, raised £1/3m from the fans, is applying for associated grants up to £1m plus due to the community club status and will receive 1/5th of food and drink revenues from next year.

King said last month that Salford intend to increase Operational costs by £350k next year. 

Crisis?! Hardly the multi million indebted financial doping elsewhere.

Paul King wouldn't have much time left if he had to respond to every piece of clickbait.

How much are Leeds in debt now? Why is Newman off and can anyone be sure Rohan will be there come next season?

Anyway Jai Whitbread is off to KR. The agents of Tarif Simms and Rhys Kennedy is being touted round NW clubs and if Thompson does arrive at Wigan, which of their props will be loaned out?

Newman isn’t off.

Yes Smith will be there next season.

Leeds are financially sound.

No the source is Matt Shaw.

Hasn’t your club sent an email to its supporters this morning saying they are in a serious financial situation?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

How much are Leeds in debt now?

Leeds are the most financially secure club in the league, as we'll see over the next couple of days.

20 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Some bad news old chap: the grants are delayed, your 20% food and drink thing doesn't appear to have been based on an actual signed contract and the RFL's further reduction in central distributions seems to have blindsided your board. 

Please don't shoot the messengers.

32 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Just got my email from the board at Salford. Some interesting information regarding the cuts to funding under the new deal.

Can you copy/paste the content on here? It's been reported second hand but I can't find the original anywhere.

37 minutes ago, M j M said:

Can you copy/paste the content on here? It's been reported second hand but I can't find the original anywhere.

This is the bit about central funding

We’ve been told that next years’ distributions will likely, best-case, top out at around £1.31m – almost £200k less than was discussed during the realignment process with the RFL and around £800k less than they were just six years ago. Our given agreement to realign was contingent on the assurance of £1.5m.

This reduction – alongside a further near £100k reduction to 2023’s distributions that we were told about last week – creates an approximate £300k shortfall for us over the next 12 months. This has been known for 8 months, which is particularly aggravating given the lengths to which we’ve gone to in ensuring the Club’s welfare in that time.