Signings for 2023

Evs62

Always a balancing act but I very much doubt we are in a position to push the boat out for anyone. 

If we can't afford a player we won't be signing him, that's the situation we are currently in and it's something we'll have to live with, rather that than no team to support at all. 

UTT 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tbgfc said:

Finances will dictate the squad and so far our new signings show we don't have a pot to p##s in, agree we have to have a couple of seasons building/developing a young hungry squad capable of competing in the championship before we push for promotion unless someone comes forward with a heap of cash. Bringing in players on the verge of retirement looking for an easy pay day is not the answer for me. 

Spot on. 

2 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Regardless of whether some posters don`t think we went up a season early or not , i believe Keighleys Team this year is in a far better place to take on the Championship than we were last season , only time will tell i suppose .

Well yes of course it is but look at the players they have signed, big names who won’t be cheap like Ben Crookes.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

We are the worst championship team ever . 

It is going to take 3+ years to get anywhere near . 

Club needs to look at its self from top to bottom. 

Lots of hangers on bringing nothing and taking lots . 

Look after the penny's and the pounds will take care of itself. 

One example bill dobbie nothing to do with Cumbria game . Gained entry 20 min after game started with 8 guests never paid a penny . 

• Sad 2

How does the club sell itself when it comes to season tickets this new season , as you have to try and entice people to buy them ,as theyll be games where people say nah im not bothering watching that this weekend. games like south wales.

19 minutes ago, pmac said:

How does the club sell itself when it comes to season tickets this new season , as you have to try and entice people to buy them ,as theyll be games where people say nah im not bothering watching that this weekend. games like south wales.

A lot of people said that last year and we were in the Championship.

Winning team vs Losing team that's the main factor in attendances, but targeting youth comes a close 2nd in my opinion, all easier said than done though isn't it, got to balance the books as well. 

2 hours ago, Charlo23 said:

One example bill dobbie nothing to do with Cumbria game . Gained entry 20 min after game started with 8 guests never paid a penny . 

This is incorrect information to be putting out on a public forum. 

Pm WTRLFC account if you want clarification. 

Regards 

Graeme

Director. 

Workington Town RLFC 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Charlo23 said:

Bill dobies got quite a bit to do with town I'm assuming we're still in cumbria. 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

14 hours ago, Charlo23 said:

A full Derwent park as old as she is would be better than an empty Coventry for this game 

Agree but there was over 10k at Coventry so DP couldn't have accomdated it.

DP far better for games like in 2013 - Italy v Scotland etc

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Agree but there was over 10k at Coventry so DP couldn't have accomdated it.

DP far better for games like in 2013 - Italy v Scotland etc

Didnt look any where near 10k from tv angles, no atmosphere at all

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Didnt look any where near 10k from tv angles, no atmosphere at all

Totally agree, DP was rocking in 2013, and the backing for Scotland was tremendous - I don't this would happen in Scotland if England were playing.  The RL should hang their heads in shame for not involving a rugby league county like Cumbria.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, town blue said:

Totally agree, DP was rocking in 2013, and the backing for Scotland was tremendous - I don't this would happen in Scotland if England were playing.  The RL should hang their heads in shame for not involving a rugby league county like Cumbria.

Didn't they award west Cumbria a game but you scrapped the planned stadium? 

Edited by Johnny Ringo
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, town blue said:

Coventry don't play at that stadium  They don't even play in Coventry anymore

Scottish games should have been relocated to Carlisle after the stadium went by the wayside.

it might have attracted a few hundred from the borders as there’s good train links to Carlisle, especially if they had opted for a 2.30pm kick off on a Saturday afternoon.

It would easily have matched the Coventry crowd and given Scottish supporters the chance to watch the games live 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, town blue said:

Might be wrong but did  Scotland ever lose a game at DP ?