2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is there also a preview of the 1972 BBC2 Floodlit Trophy final? 

Of course there is - I'd expect nothing less from such a professional outfit 🤣

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

5 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

It actually is, confirmed by the bloke from the Leopards Rock Estate in South Africa who are one of the short sponsors. 11 sponsors plus Bet Fred on the shirt bringing in over £300k revenue, at least looking silly has its rewards

Hate to say it but... is that all?

The lead sponsor alone at the big clubs brings in more than £300k. I know Leigh aren't on that level but still... if you're going to sell out I'd hope to over achieve a bit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

🤣🤣

Wouldn't it be easier just to ask the person who took the photo you're using or would that alert them to the copyright infringement?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RP London said:

Wouldn't it be easier just to ask the person who took the photo you're using or would that alert them to the copyright infringement?

In fairness they may have paid for the extended license on the image, regardless it’s still atrocious (just to bring it back on topic about the actual kit) 🙂

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

If you have to tell people that your rebrand was well thought out, that suggests it wasn't well thought out. 

image.png.f8221eee933c758bfb807ba8be16c797.png

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Right, assuming the Leigh Leopards new women's team is having the same jerseys.

Is it just me or do those red dot eyes have the potential to look *really* dodgy?

Bild

• Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 hours ago, Jughead said:

Have Salford released a shirt? I can’t remember seeing anything. 

No. The club has it's pre seasons fans event on the 4th December.

Lots of speculation on whether the original colours will be revived in some way for then 150th anniversary. Back at the 100th they played in this (thanks for the picture Devil Talk)

• 8cf1b6125ecfce12682ddf56dad9a2b4.jpg.9bfd9f7339ca37128af8777d29b8b040.jpg

VX3 brought out some new training gear today with the famous Salford S on them.

Edited by idrewthehaggis

14 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

No. The club has it's pre seasons fans event on the 4th December.

Lots of speculation on whether the original colours will be revived in some way for then 150th anniversary. Back at the 100th they played in this (thanks for the picture Devil Talk)

• 8cf1b6125ecfce12682ddf56dad9a2b4.jpg.9bfd9f7339ca37128af8777d29b8b040.jpg

VX3 brought out some new training gear today with the famous Salford S on them.

I hadn't spotted this so cheers idth.👍

As far as I'm aware we were waiting to finish our playing recruitment to see how much money we had left over to pay kit designers. Apparently, we've only got £50 left so no designers but fortunately Degsy's shown us what sort of quality kit you can rustle up on a budget if you spend that money on half a dozen bottles of 19 Crimes, a chippy tea and spend a night in with Marwan and a box of crayons.👍

Surely all this Leigh Leopards stuff is going to turn out to be one big publicity stunt with the club announcing that they have listened to the fans and decided to remain as the Centurions. Every time I think the silliness has peaked they manage to outdo themselves. The kit is ridiculous and posting a video of a South African wilderness guide explaining that it is a leopard and definitely not a jaguar is simply bizarre.