RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What’s the capacity?

Depends how they have it configured - it used to be around 1200 for basketball. Sheffield is unusually well set up for indoor sports arenas, this is by no means the biggest of them.

13 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Nice of them. I'm sure a ticket from London to Wigan on the morning of travel will be cheap.

But good news for those nearer and can only help.

Edited by Leonard

Having been unable to buy tickets for today's wheelchair rugby league, at EIS, Sheffield, because the RLWC tickets website indicated, last night, none were available (i.e. a sellout), then seen how many empty seats were visible on TV, I contacted Ticketmaster. This is their reply (from Adam, Ticketmaster Customer Service):

We can confirm that all available tickets for the RLWC2021 are onsale via the official ticketing website: tickets.rlwc2021.com

The current sales phase is a real time sale phase so ticket inventory will be changing depending on how busy the site is and how popular a particular match fixture is. If you are unable to add the quantity of tickets you want at a particular price category then it is likely that someone else has either grabbed the remaining availability at that Price Category or there are no consecutive seats at that quantity left together at that price category we're sorry to say.

We’ve seen a huge demand for tickets, which is fantastic, but some of the fixtures only have extremely limited tickets so if you are receiving a message when attempting to select seats that reads: YOUR REQUEST EXCEEDS THE AVAILABLE TICKETS FOR THE SELECTED SECTION/PRICE CATEGORY. PLEASE TRY A DIFFERENT SECTION OR PRICE CATEGORY, then this means there are no consecutive tickets left together at the at that price categories selected at the time you tired to select them, so just lesser availability such as single seats available at that price category, if you tried just 1 ticket then there will be nothing now left in that section at the chosen price category you are trying to select.

Please try an alternative location or price category or quantity of tickets as necessary if available.

We have experienced in some cases customers who have purchased tickets and not attended, sadly we can’t account for those who buy a ticket and do not attend.

Thank you for your Interest in the RLWC.

[That's me done. I'll watch, on the telly, what remains of the tournaments]

Edited by Hopping Mad

6 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Having been unable to buy tickets for today's wheelchair rugby league, at EIS, Sheffield, because the RLWC tickets website indicated, last night, none were available (i.e. a sellout), then seen how many empty seats were visible on TV, I contacted Ticketmaster. This is their reply (from Adam, Ticketmaster Customer Service):

We can confirm that all available tickets for the RLWC2021 are onsale via the official ticketing website: tickets.rlwc2021.com

The current sales phase is a real time sale phase so ticket inventory will be changing depending on how busy the site is and how popular a particular match fixture is. If you are unable to add the quantity of tickets you want at a particular price category then it is likely that someone else has either grabbed the remaining availability at that Price Category or there are no consecutive seats at that quantity left together at that price category we're sorry to say.

We’ve seen a huge demand for tickets, which is fantastic, but some of the fixtures only have extremely limited tickets so if you are receiving a message when attempting to select seats that reads: YOUR REQUEST EXCEEDS THE AVAILABLE TICKETS FOR THE SELECTED SECTION/PRICE CATEGORY. PLEASE TRY A DIFFERENT SECTION OR PRICE CATEGORY, then this means there are no consecutive tickets left together at the at that price categories selected at the time you tired to select them, so just lesser availability such as single seats available at that price category, if you tried just 1 ticket then there will be nothing now left in that section at the chosen price category you are trying to select.

Please try an alternative location or price category or quantity of tickets as necessary if available.

We have experienced in some cases customers who have purchased tickets and not attended, sadly we can’t account for those who buy a ticket and do not attend.

Thank you for your Interest in the RLWC.

[That's me done. I'll watch, on the telly, what remains of the tournaments]

That’s a lot if words to say

”The website is a load of old rubbish’

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

That’s a lot if words to say

”The website is a load of old rubbish’

I just hope that Ticketmaster have recorded sales for all these empty seats and are paying RLWC for them.

It is worth saying that with some tickets having been on sale for 2 years it is likely there has been large numbers of no shows for games. The Coventry game for example had over 13,000 tickets sold. The wheel chair is more likely to affected as the tickets were a lot cheaper, especially early bird. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thirteenthman said:

Update from the Warrington Guardian on Sundays game, and they're saying that "it's thought that over 8,000 tickets have been sold", and organisers are hoping for a crowd over 10000. 

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23101396.tonga-v-samoa-rugby-league-world-cup-game-set-big-crowd/

‘Hoping’?

10K for this game would be terrible 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

‘Hoping’?

10K for this game would be terrible 

This is genuinely the most exciting game of the round, for us neutrals.. This is the problem with the lack of internationals, teams like these can't establish an identity for the casual followers. 

Edited by Keith989
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Keith989 said:

This is genuinely the most exciting game of the round, us neutrals.. This is the problem with the lack of internationals, teams like these can't establish an identity for the casual followers. 

Nah - there are way more than 10k RL fans who know this is a big game.

No excuses - 10k or less for this is dreadful. Should be able to sell that to Warrington fans alone let alone surrounding areas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FearTheVee said:

No excuses - 10k or less for this is dreadful. Should be able to sell that to Warrington fans alone let alone surrounding areas.

Sure, but there are only so many willing to buy tickets. I fell in love with these teams from watching the pacific series, before Tonga even had their incredible run from 2017. Now that series is gone and If you're not able to watch them before the world cup, how are you supposed to identify with them? You won't know their playing style, the passion they bring, players involved etc.

14 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

If this is struggling to get to 10k, then we're in real trouble. It is by far the most appealing game of the three.