1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

Just now, Eddie said:

Same here, my head says there’s little chance of us blowing this, but this is England RL and anything is possible.   

The closer it gets the less confident I become.

Nothing rational, just a lifetime of disappointments from England / GB I guess!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

The closer it gets the less confident I become.

Nothing rational, just a lifetime of disappointments from England / GB I guess!

Hopefully the big crowd in the mid 40s will give England a lift. Surely there can’t be a swing from 60-6 to defeat in the space of three weeks, even if they did have a few injuries. 

• Like 1

With the impact they have had I've been saying that we should rotate Hill and Burgess so they arnt on the pitch at the same time.

The more I think about it, given how strong we have stated each game I now think we should start them both and try to blow Samoa away early on so their heads drop - these islanders don't like it up em.

Think Makemson will show his class again and Tomkins will have a big game- England by 20.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

With the impact they have had I've been saying that we should rotate Hill and Burgess so they arnt on the pitch at the same time.

The more I think about it, given how strong we have stated each game I now think we should start them both and try to blow Samoa away early on so their heads drop - these islanders don't like it up em.

Think Makemson will show his class again and Tomkins will have a big game- England by 20.

We have Thompson on the bench this week as well, so he should bring more go forward from Lees has done (although you maybe lose a bit the other way). It's looking pretty relentless that prop and loose forward rotation with Cooper, Thompson and Knowles backing up the starters. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Same here, my head says there’s little chance of us blowing this, but this is England RL and anything is possible.   

I just want the game to be played now. 🥺😐

Part of me believes in this team, in what they've shown in this tournament. 

Part of me remembers they still hasn't played Aus/NZ. 

• Like 6

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

I see both semis went to aussie refs. lol

Looks like we will get Sutton in the final if we get through.

Edited by jacksy
  • Sad 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

35 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Looks like we will get Sutton in the final if we get through.

Same Sutton who disallowed Halls try a few years back, a try that would have eliminated Australia from a home Tri Nations and would have seen an end to GB/Englands 40 year drought

His logic. Despite the ball being on the ground with Halls fingers on it, was that “the ball had actually bounced and was about to rise up off the ground, therefore there couldn’t be downward pressure”

I had never heard such a contrived explanation to tell you that what your eyes were seeing wasn’t actually what was happening and a few years later it still belies belief.

AEA8763A-A571-40D5-ADC7-EE545E6D966E.png

Edited by OMEGA
  • Like 10

On 09/11/2022 at 16:32, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Mitchel Moses really put everything in perspective in the Lebanon games....he could kick a ball into a bucket on the moon that lad

Mal would definitely be compaining about the weight of the ball there.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

I think England will go through by 10ish at the end.

It's a real banana skin/no win scenario for them.

Shaun Wane will have been on them all week, saying you can't take this game for granted just because you belted them a few weeks ago. But it's human nature for the players to think they've already got it in the bag.

If they win easily then people will say they haven't had a genuine challenge all tournament. If they scrape though, it'll be that they've taken their eye off the ball. If they lose then I'll have to take a sabbatical from the game. Couldn't deal with Matt Parish in a world cup final.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Same Sutton who disallowed Halls try a few years back, a try that would have eliminated Australia from a home Tri Nations and would have seen an end to GB/Englands 40 year drought

His logic. Despite the ball being on the ground with Halls fingers on it, was that “the ball had actually bounced and was about to rise up off the ground, therefore there couldn’t be downward pressure”

I had never heard such a contrived explanation to tell you that what your eyes were seeing wasn’t actually what was happening and a few years later it still belies belief.

AEA8763A-A571-40D5-ADC7-EE545E6D966E.png

Yeah, his reasoning that the ball was ''on the up'' is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard.

24 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Yeah, his reasoning that the ball was ''on the up'' is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard.

This is why neutral referees should be in charge. 

The Sutton brothers were never going give that as a try.

Australia would of been out.

• Like 3

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

11 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

If the exact same happened in this RLWC as the Hall no try, it would have been given by the VR. See Antony Gelling try

Halls try would’ve been given in the NRL that year there were plenty of examples at the time of similar put downs being awarded. 

England to win a tight game. Is this the game we finally see Welsby do something he's been anonymous really in the last couple of matches. He's better suited to fullback imo.

Feel very confident. Lord knows why, just… don’t have any butterflies for some reason. 

might also be jingoistic due to the reaming we gave India in the cricket yesterday. 

• Like 1