Jump to content

Trin Inviting Investment


Recommended Posts

£500 for a kind of super membership/non-voting shareholder thing.

At the bottom of the article there is a noted point about a £50,000 starting price for those wanting to have a greater shareholder influence in the club.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


invest is a word usually used when you put something in with the intention of getting something better in return later - this seems to just be give us 500 quid and whistle 

  • Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

invest is a word usually used when you put something in with the intention of getting something better in return later - this seems to just be give us 500 quid and whistle 

You're so wrong!

The investor exclusive polo shirts are in planning as we speak!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

invest is a word usually used when you put something in with the intention of getting something better in return later - this seems to just be give us 500 quid and whistle 

Not entirely true, you get 10% discount in hospitality. If you are a greedy git and you sup plenty of ale, you'll be in profit in a season or two

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Who are Wakeys owners and what are their shareholdings. 

Not that it's difficult to come by that information....

4 shareholders (11500 shares in total)

Shareholding 1: 1000 ORDINARY shares MR JOHN GILBERT ALLOTT

Shareholding 2: 5000 ORDINARY shares MR MICHAEL FRANK CARTER

Shareholding 3: 500 ORDINARY shares MR RODGER MCKENZIE LAMBERT

Shareholding 4: 5000 ORDINARY shares MR JOHN MINARDS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

£500 for a kind of super membership/non-voting shareholder thing.

At the bottom of the article there is a noted point about a £50,000 starting price for those wanting to have a greater shareholder influence in the club.

Good to see clubs using smart ways of getting people to commit more money in return for a few extra perks.

  • Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I'm fairly sure they did this a few years ago, maybe 2010 or so? Jon Kear was the coach I think. 

What's changed to make this anymore likely to be taken up? 

Well, the facilities

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not that it's difficult to come by that information....

4 shareholders (11500 shares in total)

Shareholding 1: 1000 ORDINARY shares MR JOHN GILBERT ALLOTT

Shareholding 2: 5000 ORDINARY shares MR MICHAEL FRANK CARTER

Shareholding 3: 500 ORDINARY shares MR RODGER MCKENZIE LAMBERT

Shareholding 4: 5000 ORDINARY shares MR JOHN MINARDS

That would make it fairly easy to agree a dilution of shares and a buy in as a real part owner for fans

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's face it, all this is doing is asking fans for a cash payment, unless they get someone prepared to stick a sizeable amount in. 

Nothing wrong with that, and they're not the only club to take such an approach. I'd agree that calling it "an investment" is pushing the definition however, though again it's not out of the ordinary for this sort of ask. 

  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's an investment into your club to help it reach a better place. It's certainly not an investment to expect a return on.

These are extra shares so the current lot are not selling any, in fact John Minnards alluded to the fact that the current shareholders may be look to take more shares to cover any director loans outstanding. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they’ve got the stadium building bug, there’s been an undercurrent of frustration in some stadium press statements revealing a real desire to get on with the other parts of the stadium build, especially from John Minards the Chairman.

Unsurprisingly Money is the limiting factor so why not try to bring some fast money in vis shareholdings at both the lower and higher levels.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

It's an investment into your club to help it reach a better place. It's certainly not an investment to expect a return on.

These are extra shares so the current lot are not selling any, in fact John Minnards alluded to the fact that the current shareholders may be look to take more shares to cover any director loans outstanding. 

£1.265m as of 30/11/21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Masked Poster said:

I'm fairly sure they did this a few years ago, maybe 2010 or so? Jon Kear was the coach I think. 

What's changed to make this anymore likely to be taken up? 

2001 actually.  I still have my certificate.  It was more to bail Ted out back then though.  This time round I suppose it's to move on/speed up the ground upgrade/refurb.  

I'll be in again. 😇

  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

2001 actually.  I still have my certificate.  It was more to bail Ted out back then though.  This time round I suppose it's to move on/speed up the ground upgrade/refurb.  

I'll be in again. 😇

No, I'm fairly sure this was around 2010 or so. Possibly a little earlier but not that far back. 

Take it Off! Take it Off! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

No, I'm fairly sure this was around 2010 or so. Possibly a little earlier but not that far back. 

Anything even remotely similar to 2001 or this new option and I would have been in mate.  The general call for new investment is always in the air.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Normal people would call that a "donation". 

I've no issue with any club doing this sort of thing, but let's not call it something it isn't. 

You don't usually get anything with a donation, other than feeling good about your charitable self, for this you are purchasing a share/s. It's an investment into your club to hopefully see it have better times. That to me is an investment. Nobody thinks they're going to  make any personal gain from it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Normal people would call that a "donation". 

I've no issue with any club doing this sort of thing, but let's not call it something it isn't. 

It's a benefactors circle, enhanced membership, non-voting investment with perks.

Really not sure why some people are getting hung up that a £500 contribution doesn't, actually, give you a controlling vote.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Normal people would call that a "donation". 

I've no issue with any club doing this sort of thing, but let's not call it something it isn't. 

Donations are what I give to the British Legion, Sue Ryder, RSPB, Kevin Sinfield etc.  Getting absolutely nothing personal back other than a warm glow.

There is a list of the returns that the club are offering for contributors but the main incentive for me is to see the ground development and longterm future of the club.   That's enough for me.

  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...