Fri 7th Apr: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 12:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/23 at 12:00

KR deservedly well ahead. Nothing can disguise how poorly FC have played.

Quick question, though. Like the new play the ball rule, too. Better than this one: The marker(s) must stand directly in front of the tackled player; not doing so will result in a penalty. A marker must also not move towards the ball until the play-the-ball has been completed, otherwise he will be penalised.

Edited by JohnM

4 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

I recall that when saints narrowly beat hull, the sky commentators and a few on here were saying Hull looked to have restored some pride etc. and I came on here and said no, they were still really bad, but they’d played a saints team which was also way off form. 

Hull are bad. Only Wakefield worse that I’ve seen this season. 

As a neutral, it’s frustrating, because I want more clubs who genuinely challenge the top teams, but Hull just consistently fail. Worst thing is, I don’t think the reasons for Hull’s consistent poor showings are in any way complicated or difficult. But they just consistently fail to address those problems. 

Just a painful reminder that in top end sport ‘could’ and ‘should’ don’t cut the mustard.

23 minutes ago, Segovia Carpet said:

HKR dreadful to watch but dominant with one out rugby and an up and under.  Australian couching for you.

I have another candidate for shouse of the year. Lewis. Dreadful to watch his antics.

That aged well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, meast said:

I reckon the blackanswhiteside may sneak this, with their sulky fans finally aroused to push them home 🙂  

Ok, maybe not.

Not sure how Hull fans put up with the shambles that their club is every season.

Suppose they could always be content with sacking the coaches and buying a few disinterested antipodeans every few years whilst giving the owner/board a free ride.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I think Tony Smith is on borrowed time now at the Black and Whites

I think he will get time to sort it out, or try to at least. There are a few players in that team who I really hope have played their last game in a Hull shirt though. We have some exciting players in the reserves and academy and surely they have to start getting a chance now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

I’d be interested to know if the signings like Hoy / Evans are Smith signings or someone else’s?

Hoy was signed by Hodgson, and this is Evans' second season, so definitely not a Smith signing. Appartantly the only signing he has made is Clifford, but I wasn't even sure if that was true. I can't remember when he was announced.