Attendance thread

15 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's been stated here....but has it been said by Wakey? 

The new stand has a platform that looks suspiciously like a camera area 

It is the entrance from the corporate to the seating 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Which clubs are you talking about? - Worky average about 600 this season as do a few others - your maybe talking about 3 or so Lg1 clubs who are getting around 150 or so for some games  - hardly Most Lg1 crowds as you claim.

How many Lg1 games have you attended this season? - or are your facts just negative guessing?

I suppose it depends on what you consider to be a good attendance. I dont think 600 satisfies for a professional league. I expect we will find out sooner or later what IMG think about this.

I am not having a go at the clubs in league 1…..the semi professional arm of the game has been delberately neglected (starved?) by the RL authorities I believe in the hope that it will wither away.

Nothing would please me more than to see 1500 at Towns game against the mighty Hornets next week….but we both know that will not happen.

Anyway back to the original question, why are official attendances not being published for many league 1 clubs?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's been stated here....but has it been said by Wakey? 

The new stand has a platform that looks suspiciously like a camera area 

Nowhere in any of the planning documents does it say that Wakey will be moving their TV filming positions to the new Stand.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Nowhere in any of the planning documents does it say that Wakey will be moving their TV filming positions to the new Stand.

Correct. And unless they were going to do a bodge job and put a little scaffold in the brand new stand for the camera and trail cables everywhere they're not going to be filming from there. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Well I cannot call any attendances today. I have no room to talk. Was meant to be going watching my other lot, Oldham. Got a unexpected bill. Listening on Radio instead. Tut tut !.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

And the annoying thing is that south stand looks fantastic and is always full.....yet several people INSIST it is utterly impossible to engineer a camera flip to the north stand 

The heads that be need to change it so we have a great view of the fans and not an empty stand as it's not a good look of the game.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EggFace said:

The heads that be need to change it so we have a great view of the fans and not an empty stand as it's not a good look of the game.

That north stand has been full for one game ever in my memory....the Rob Burrow game where he played in 2019 

Its mostly just players families and friends. ....the the odd family who can afford the higher priced tickets 

Imagine how.more impressive it would look every game if it faced the South stand 

Imagine how much impressive it would have been the last 4 years to SKY as the biggest supported glamour club of SL 

Imagine how.much more SL would have got from SKY if things like this happened 

But hey ho....at least Hetherington doesnt have to admit that having that camera gantry in the south stand was a mistake or pay the investment to sort it 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

That north stand has been full for one game ever in my memory....the Rob Burrow game where he played in 2019 

Its mostly just players families and friends. ....the the odd family who can afford the higher priced tickets 

Imagine how.more impressive it would look every game if it faced the South stand 

Imagine how much impressive it would have been the last 4 years to SKY as the biggest supported glamour club of SL 

But hey ho....at least Hetherington doesnt have to admit that having that camera gantry in the south stand was a mistake or pay the investment to sort it 

Hasn't the camera always been based in the South stand and hasn't there always been seats in view on the North stand? Not sure what your point is.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

well I guess he wanted the box's and hospitality, especially the hospitality room that can view both the cricket and rugby.   That big room always tends to full with between 50-70 tables at 250 a pop per person plus 30k for the box per season - so I guess he will take the revenue rather than worry how it looks on sky.    Even more expensive for the Cricket Ashes test coming along.   Pity other clubs don't focus on the commercial and hospitality revenue stream which happens to be Leeds biggest revenue stream... just maybe they or he has made the right decisions.

The central part of the North Stand is for the hospitality, which like it or not people tend not to come down to sit after half time spending their monies in the bar...

18 hours ago, yipyee said:

As if there isn't gantries pre built into the stadium haha 

Main cameras will be in the main stand as is always the case

LNER stadium at York has bespoke camera platform in the west stand , opposite the main east stand.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Hasn't the camera always been based in the South stand and hasn't there always been seats in view on the North stand? Not sure what your point is.

Have a look what the old North stand looked like compared to the new one on telly

The new one is always very prominently half full even when Rhinos have 14000 plus in the ground....gives and awful impression when in reality the ground when you are there watching the south stand looks amazing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

well I guess he wanted the box's and hospitality, especially the hospitality room that can view both the cricket and rugby.   That big room always tends to full with between 50-70 tables at 250 a pop per person plus 30k for the box per season - so I guess he will take the revenue rather than worry how it looks on sky.    Even more expensive for the Cricket Ashes test coming along.   Pity other clubs don't focus on the commercial and hospitality revenue stream which happens to be Leeds biggest revenue stream... just maybe they or he has made the right decisions.

The central part of the North Stand is for the hospitality, which like it or not people tend not to come down to sit after half time spending their monies in the bar...

They manage to get cameras in the exact same stand to point towards the Carnegie Pavilion for the cricket field ....so having hospitality AND cameras IS possible in that stand after all....

But hey who cares about what our game looks like on telly....the SKY deal isn't that important and keeps improving deal on deal doesn't anyway 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

So for Leeds Rhino's benefit , but detrimental to the image of the sport as a whole 

Some would argue that's what's been wrong with RL for its whole life , and indeed something i'm sure some Rhino's fans on here have criticised other ' lesser ' clubs for in the past 

Feel free to reply , but I've said my piece and won't continue this line of discussion 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

So for Leeds Rhino's benefit , but detrimental to the image of the sport as a whole 

Some would argue that's what's been wrong with RL for its whole life , and indeed something i'm sure some Rhino's fans on here have criticised other ' lesser ' clubs for in the past 

Feel free to reply , but I've said my piece and won't continue this line of discussion 😉

Yep agreed GR.....a bit of money in the club's coffers for now.....but looks rubbish on telly.....madness 

Besides.....even if hospitality is on there.....surely that doesnt stop Leeds making sure the stand is full?? 

RL will never learn 

Some stadiums hide empty seats better than others. For example, it's immediately obvious at Wembley with its bright red seats but I've always thought less so a stadiums with darker coloured seats like St James' Park.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Have a look what the old North stand looked like compared to the new one on telly

The new one is always very prominently half full even when Rhinos have 14000 plus in the ground....gives and awful impression when in reality the ground when you are there watching the south stand looks amazing 

The old north stand used to have a roof that made it so dark you could barely see if anyone was in the North Stand. Equally, those sat inside often had restricted views and the higher up you went less you could see.

The new layout of the north stand pushes corporate to the central blocks, just like at Wembley. The other blocks are mainly comprised of normal fans including 1 usually reserved for away supporters. 

What you fail to see, and I'm surprised given the obvious amount of thought you have put into this, is that the current north stand has a seated capacity LOWER than the previous one. Yet despite this, seating at the ground remains roughly the same because seats have been installed to the upper levels of the south stand. These were completed first, and many North Standers moved there and did not move back. I can't remember if there is even a major price difference between the 2 seated areas. That critical decision has impacted the North Stand's numbers more than anything else.

As for a TV gantry position, firstly in Cricket it is just a camera position that is in the Football Stand end, not a full commentary gantry. And secondly, the cricket stand is triple tiered, allowing the greater ease of placement of just a camera angle in the lower and upper tiers. Obviously the nature of cricket too implies that where the camera angle is behind the bowler also would have no fans sat down there. That isn't really replicable on the Rugby side, as the stand is firstly shorter in height than the cricket side, and includes two tiers of corporate underneath before the main seating area.

Much like the economics of large international airlines, the 30% businesses and first class tickets pay far more than the 70% economy passengers on any given plane. That is why that section of the customer base is prioritised above all else. It is the same in professional sport.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Leigh - HKR attendance was given as 6012 on Sky at the end of the game, being shown as TBC in some places (you know who you are!)

Thanks, it’s good to someone getting back to topic! 

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Leigh - HKR attendance was given as 6012 on Sky at the end of the game, being shown as TBC in some places (you know who you are!)

Less than 6k home fans for a team 2nd in the league is pretty poor isnt it. 

Maybe Degsy should try another rebrand.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Less than 6k home fans for a team 2nd in the league is pretty poor isnt it. 

Maybe Degsy should try another rebrand.

Not as poor as giving away 15,000 free season tickets and getting still only getting crowds around 3/4k

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/23280438.bradford-bulls-15-000-season-tickets-kids-go-free-2023/

16 minutes ago, langpark said:

oh wow, I thought I had seen on twitter that they were close to 6k in pre-sales.  But may have gotten my wires crossed.

I'd double check who posted that on Twitter before thinking it was accurate 🙂