Fri 14th Apr: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v St Helens KO 20:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/23 at 19:30

Welsby to 13 hurrell to 12, Lees to play 80 mins 

Need a big games from LMS and Bell.

Thin kthe adversity might just see saints get over the line along with some young guns trying to make a stake for a starting place in the team.

Saints backline has enough to keep them right in there but it’ll be tough for them to get on top of KR’s pack, minus those starting forwards. I could see it being extremely close with KR to pinch it by 2. 

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Who’s moaning? The sidestep is coming from the Leigh direction, not over here. 

I’ve merely explained who’s missing through injury and suspension and why I think Hull KR will win the game on Friday. Merely stating team news is not moaning.

Maybe not, but it is getting your excuses in early

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

Maybe not, but it is getting your excuses in early

It’s not excuses though, is it? Saints are going to Hull KR without a number of players through injury and suspension, that’s team news and fact. Excuses would be saying the only reason Saints would lose is because of those players, not that KR could be better than them on the day and deserve to win. 

Edited by Jughead

25 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It’s not excuses though, is it? Saints are going to Hull KR without a number of players through injury and suspension, that’s team news and fact. Excuses would be saying the only reason Saints would lose is because of those players, not that KR could be better than them on the day and deserve to win. 

You are fooling noone. 

• Haha 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

11 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Poor old noone, he’s as daft as you must be. 

Do you want to start blaming the ref now also or are you waiting until the actual game.

Edited by Padge

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

Do you want to start blaming the ref now also or are you waiting until the actual game.

I really think you need to switch the broadband off and go to bed if St Helens are getting you this angry on a Wednesday evening. 

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

I really think you need to switch the broadband off and go to bed if St Helens are getting you this angry on a Wednesday evening. 

Are you for real, you obviously are clueless about me.

10 hours ago, Jughead said:

Who’s moaning? The sidestep is coming from the Leigh direction, not over here. 

I’ve merely explained who’s missing through injury and suspension and why I think Hull KR will win the game on Friday. Merely stating team news is not moaning.

Still not very convincing!

8 hours ago, Padge said:

Are you for real, you obviously are clueless about me.

What on Earth is your issue on this thread? Bizarre!

I’m looking forward to the game, will be a great atmosphere and a great test of some of the fringe and young players. Equally a good test of whether some of the underperforming experienced pros can step up and support them (Hopoate, Lomax, Dodd, Lussick etc have all struggled this year).

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 2

I'd be putting Percival in the backrow and Hurrell in at Centre. I'm not having, as some would have you believe, that Saints are such under dogs in this! They have 1-7 starting backs, Wingfield like for like at 13, Bell as the other SR and LMS starting prop. I get that leaves them light off the interchange with young props, but it's hardly a weak line up. Saints fans should be proud of such depth (not looking for excuses 👀) and Hull KR are no pushover at home at the best of times, so this is set up nicely. Saints to edge it for me.

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

Yet again the bookies expect Rovers to lose this weekend. They started out predicting Rovers would finish 11th and if they had been accurate in their week to week forecasts then for sure Rovers would be battling it out with Wakey to stay in Super League. They've  pretty much predicted that Rovers would lose most weeks.

Goodness they even had Rovers losing to Hull FC as did Matthew Shaw who couldn't give any reason other than he 'just had a feeling'. 

Clearly the wider Rugby League public remain to be convinced by Hull KR and that is probably down to a few years of struggle. IMO they are not actually observing the evidence of their eyes should they care to look.

I think that the 2023 version of Hull KR has a decent chance of beating St Helens. I only bet when I see a real banker like Rovers +2 against FC ...I made a killing there and won by the odd point in 42. 

I won't be betting on Rovers this week it's too close to risk any money. But I'm very confident Rovers will be difficult opponents for Saints.

On 12/04/2023 at 19:52, Agbrigg said:

Way HKR are going this season, I fancy them to win again. Just as an aside, I wonder if some at Saints are starting to think Wellens may not have been the correct choice of coach

He's Mark Applegarth with a better squad of players to pick from.

• Like 1