Wakefield certain to go down - What next?

How many of this Wakefield team get into other Super League side's 18? It's a squad of role players, I'm not sure it would be worth the time in trying to fix it this season, look straight at the Championship 2024 season and the IMG criteria 

1 minute ago, Siwel14 said:

How many of this Wakefield team get into other Super League side's 18? It's a squad of role players, I'm not sure it would be worth the time in trying to fix it this season, look straight at the Championship 2024 season and the IMG criteria 

I’ll answer that for you, Sam Hewitt, Nathan Mason and Innes Senior would get a few runs in the Giants team while Will Dagger might get a run or two with Hull KR, apart from that, none!

• Haha 1

What I don’t understand is why they got rid of Willie Poching in favour of Mark Applegarth, fair enough if they had gone for a known name with some track record - I think Tony Smith would have been better at Wakey than Hull, it just doesn’t make sense, unless of course it is down to money and Applegarth is cheap, like the old saying “ You get what you pay for “ . Apparently Wally Lewis is coming !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Szymala said:

The great 'Escapologists' aren't down and out just yet. 

A win over Leigh tomorrow isn't impossible and then everything changes and other clubs will start to feel the pressure. 18 rounds to go...

Ummmm 😳

22 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

It's looking like a very bad decision to dispense with the services of Willie Poching who steered Wakey to (eventually) comfortable safety in 2022.

Unfortunately we don’t have last season’s team, they have been replaced by players not good enough. The standard of Rugby in SL is that poor at the moment that if we’d have had last seasons team we’d be safe by now.

Up the Trin 

38 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Up the Trin 

And keep it up!

31 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

True.

Better not to listen, best not to read.

In spite of the OP I used this very last post to say a) It's still not certain just bleak b) a social media forum is the last place to be when things aren't going well.

All the best to the Trin and their fans, and being smug when it's not you is not a good look.

• Like 5

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Unfortunately we don’t have last season’s team, they have been replaced by players not good enough. The standard of Rugby in SL is that poor at the moment that if we’d have had last seasons team we’d be safe by now.

Up the Trin 

No 

2 hours ago, Siwel14 said:

Tanginoa and Lino. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Siwel14 said:

How many would get in a championship side? Probably Lino and that’s it

2 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

How many would get in a championship side? Probably Lino and that’s it

Most of Wakeys team would be top Championship players , but collectively they aren't SL , it's a fine line

• Like 1

belle vue stadium and pitch getting re developed to accommodate football teams in the city - mens - womens etc - they will be exiles at their own ground within 5 years

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

belle vue stadium and pitch getting re developed to accommodate football teams in the city - mens - womens etc - they will be exiles at their own ground within 5 years

Rubbish 

31 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Most of Wakeys team would be top Championship players , but collectively they aren't SL , it's a fine line

Yeah I agree with that. Most SL teams will have maybe 3 or 4 top class players, 8-10 further genuine every-week SL starters, and then another 10 who are good enough to play SL if they have enough quality around them. Wakefield basically have zero from groups A or B and a whole bunch from that third group who are borderline SL starters.