Fri 9th June : SL : Leigh Leopards v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Hull FC

57 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Best game at the LSV this season, Hull just would not lie down and kept comi g back at us, 28 - 16 final score not a fair reflection on Hull could have been different if Clifford had stayed on, a pleasure to be there to watch  it.

I'd take the comeback against Saints Harry 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd take the comeback against Saints Harry 

Hull had more fight that Saints that night, Saints went 14 up and thought that was that, Hull were always behind tonight and never gave in and always believed they could win it, big difference in attitudes. 

• Like 1

Well done Leigh, good to see you doing so well. Disappointed that our main man was taken out with no action from the referee. A possibly different outcome if Clifford stays on. On report does us no flavours as we have also lost him for the Saints cup match.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

Well done Leigh, good to see you doing so well. Disappointed that our main man was taken out with no action from the referee. A possibly different outcome if Clifford stays on. On report does us no flavours as we have also lost him for the Saints cup match.

I was following the ball Faithful, and so we're everyone around me, and slso seemingly the officials, Mr Thaler called both captain's together and put the incident on report as I don't think they saw what happened either, you any idea?

Edited by Harry Stottle

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

A disjointed display from the Leopards tonight , Hull stuck in and made it difficult 

Disappointed with the attendance , a reasonable contingent from Hull for a Friday night , we should be getting more for the experience , it was as Harry put an entertaining night which could have gone wrong but for Hull losing Clifford , not sure what happened there , I'm assuming a HIA 

Not sure if this link will work as I'm not great at that sort of stuff but I think someone might be having a rest for at least a week or two after this :

https://www.facebook.com/755585310/videos/6425392427579566/

May be an image of 3 people

It was late and a direct hit to the head which the RFL have ben cracking down on recently, yet Thaler and his team didn't even think it worthy of ten minutes. So we lost Clifford in the first half and he was unable to return and obviously now misses the Saints game in the RL Cup next week.

Hull put themselves under too much pressure conceding six agains and penalties which gifted Leigh territory and possession. And later on in the game when it looked like we might at least take it to golden point we weren't smart enough with ball in hand.

And I concur with MZH? I think it might have been, earlier in the thread, "Monster pack"?, you're having a larf, Leigh's pack was running over us most of the game.

Anyway, Leigh seem high on confidence which is half the battle, good luck to them, apart from whoever took Clifford's head off.

Hope he gets at least four games.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Tony Smith must have been watching plenty video on leigh and came with a clear game plan, throw the ball about and slow the ruck down as long as possible, this did seem to trouble us a little bit as Hull made yards, the excessive lying on cost Hull a lot of penalties and there should have been many more, at one point there was 3 in a set and Thaler should have binned a Hull man but didn’t.

Leigh bombed 2/3 early chances again which seems to be a weekly occurance and Hull got a hand to a couple that would have been clear tries.

All in all an exciting game, Hull came to play and Leigh looked a bit fatigued compared to recent weeks. Could have gone either way.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maybe just my opinion, but players can not keep on giving 10/10 performances every week, tonight I thought that both Lam and Asiata had indifferent games from the very high standard that they have been displaying week in week out, it was a hard fought contest and what was really pleasing for me was that we have proved that we can win in those tight contests.

I know you have a good 17-20 but what's the depth like?

Would you cope without 5/6/7 of those unavailable?

You seem to have been pretty lucky in being able to maintain a fairly settled side, bar the odd inury, suspension etc.

It seems like you are a bit like us last year, we had a good 20 man first grade if you like but not a lot of options after that, we managed to keep most of the regulars in the side and built up momentum but by the end we were physically and mentally shattered.

I suspect one of the reasons Watson went for a big squad this year.

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Disappointed with the attendance

I said at the start of the season on these pages that if Leigh can average 6,000 home fans in attendance they will have done extremely well, that figure is in the region of 14% of the populas of the town, who else apart from Cas betters that?

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Not sure if this link will work as I'm not great at that sort of stuff but I think someone might be having a rest for at least a week or two after this :

It was late and a direct hit to the head which the RFL have ben cracking down on recently, yet Thaler and his team didn't even think it worthy of ten minutes. So we lost Clifford in the first half and he was unable to return and obviously now misses the Saints game in the RL Cup next week.

Hull put themselves under too much pressure conceding six agains and penalties which gifted Leigh territory and possession. And later on in the game when it looked like we might at least take it to golden point we weren't smart enough with ball in hand.

And I concur with MZH? I think it might have been, earlier in the thread, "Monster pack"?, you're having a larf, Leigh's pack was running over us most of the game.

Anyway, Leigh seem high on confidence which is half the battle, good luck to them, apart from whoever took Clifford's head off.

Cannot watch the video,but looks bad.

Charnley taking his aggression out on the wrong person. A week too late.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

7 minutes ago, meast said:

I know you have a good 17-20 but what's the depth like?

Would you cope without 5/6/7 of those unavailable?

You seem to have been pretty lucky in being able to maintain a fairly settled side, bar the odd inury, suspension etc.

It seems like you are a bit like us last year, we had a good 20 man first grade if you like but not a lot of options after that, we managed to keep most of the regulars in the side and built up momentum but by the end we were physically and mentally shattered.

I suspect one of the reasons Watson went for a big squad this year.

As of last week we'd had 10 everpresent all season , we know that's our ' Achilles ' , having had no luck whatsoever in our previous SL tours we are due some , if it lasts who knows where it could take us ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

As of last week we'd had 10 everpresent all season , we know that's our ' Achilles ' , having had no luck whatsoever in our previous SL tours we are due some , if it lasts who knows where it could take us ?

Any position above mid table will be an outstanding achievement first season back in SL.

Saw it on the highlights think it was Charnley. 

That's Josh Charnley, now I am not defending him as you say there is a big clampdown on any contact with the head, but from that still it looks as though Clifford has lost his feet and a tackle that is aimed at the body becones a head contact because the attacker accidentally puts his head into the aimed contact area, we see this many times, it is one of those unfortunate incidents, tacklers simply can't pull out, as long as the game goes on this will repeat itself many many times, only last week at Magic with a very similar incident the ref quite clearly says to the tackler, "I know the attacker slipped, but the rules say any head contact is an offence no matter the circumstances, free kick and your on report"

56 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Cannot watch the video,but looks bad.

Charnley taking his aggression out on the wrong person. A week too late.

Saw it on the Sky coverage. Clifford slips after he makes the pass and is falling but that's mitigation not an excuse. Call it reckless, careless or whatever but it's direct contact to the head. It left us without our key playmaker for the entire second half and has ruled him out of our most important game of the season.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

11 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Saw it on the Sky coverage. Clifford slips after he makes the pass and is falling but that's mitigation not an excuse. Call it reckless, careless or whatever but it's direct contact to the head. It left us without our key playmaker for the entire second half and has ruled him out of our most important game of the season.

Yeah to be honest I was surprised he didn't go to the bin last night. Thought there was a Hull one in the second half that looked borderline sin bin too but after leaving Charnley on the pitch it would've been harsh. 

On the game, I thought we looked really disjointed in attack and defence but that can probably be excused with a short turnaround after playing with 12 for an hour last Sunday. Glad for the kind CC draw this week where I'm hoping we give all the fringe players a run out and rest our key men for a tough trip to Cats.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Just about to post the same after watching the SKY highlights , Clifford definitely slips just prior to the contact , as you say ' mitigation ' only , not an excuse 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

It’s not that Thaler didn’t deem it worthy of a card. He just didn’t see it.

Based on previous incidents, he was lucky it wasn’t a yellow. A 4 game ban would be entirely out of sync with previous incidents this year. We had O’Brien knocked out, without the mitigation of slipping into the tackle. That was a yellow card and a fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Just seen the highlights now. How he stayed on the field without punishment is beyond me. Huge impact on the game and our season.

So have I - no intent at all, slip and fall backwards out of Josh control added to by tip on and not catch. Arms open to make tackle