Sun 18th Jun: CCQF: York Knights v Leigh Leopards KO 17:00 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York Knights
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/23 at 16:30

Tom Briscoe takes it to 14:20 with ktc. This could be the breaking point.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The score's running away from York towards the hooter, but I think they can be pleased with their performance.

• Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Result - York 14:34 Leigh.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of those games - before the match York would have been expecting to lose by 70 or 80.  The early red/yellow cards changed that, and they will be thinking they missed a huge chance of a semi. 

Leigh were terrible and very costly game for us, especially with a small squad. 

Ref bottled it. Straight red and then another and it’s game on. Can’t have a little team beating a big un. Oh and Leigh we’re offside on 79 minutes thanks

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

43 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Ref bottled it. Straight red and then another and it’s game on. Can’t have a little team beating a big un. Oh and Leigh we’re offside on 79 minutes thanks

Tell you what the ref did bottle, the York spear tackle near the end, not as bad as ODonnell but any other game that’s a red.

Hingano was lucky not to get a card aswell for the clear stiff arm on Hanley after a few mins, being early in the game clearly saved him.

Leigh we’re god awful.

• Haha 3

The spear tackle was one of the worst I've even seen tbh. Thank god the York player was ok, it's not exaggerating to say it could have killed him. 

Will Pryce got 10 games iirc for throwing Connor Wynne on his head a couple of seasons ago. This was just as bad if not worse, so it will be interesting to see what sort of ban that gets handed down for this. I'd be shocked if it's less than 8. 

• Like 3

Just got back in and not sure what was worse, Leighs performance or the torrential rain the whole way home. First 40 minutes was embarrassing, one of the most unprofessional 40 minutes I've witnessed. O'Donnell's tackle was one of the worst spears I've ever seen and he'll be sat down for 10-12 games for that I reckon. No idea what was going through his brain as in his entire time at Leigh he's never even come close to showing that kind of reckless aggression. Glad that the York player is OK. Hardakers was another shocker and should've seen red. Not sure what it is with TV games but we've let ourselves down in various ways every time we've been on TV this year. 

Well done to York though, I thought they had a real dig and looked the better team for 60 minutes of that match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, MZH said:

The spear tackle was one of the worst I've even seen tbh. Thank god the York player was ok, it's not exaggerating to say it could have killed him. 

Will Pryce got 10 games iirc for throwing Connor Wynne on his head a couple of seasons ago. This was just as bad if not worse, so it will be interesting to see what sort of ban that gets handed down for this. I'd be shocked if it's less than 8. 

I've just seen the tackle on a replay and you're absolutely right. Only saving grace is that the player was ok. I don't think O'Donnell will have any arguments for the ban coming his way... 

• Like 1

The first one looked bad at the game , big ban for Kai on the way 

Second one wasn't that clear from our angle , could have been a red , also a ban on its way , our depth will now be tested , probably our poorest performance of the season , York played well and could well have got the win 

• Thanks 3

We as York fans expected nothing so our performance today was outstanding , yes Leigh were poor today early on but showed their class late on as York tired , don't think Leigh will slip up again so saints could be in for a shock, the magic of the cup thankfully still exists.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Leigh-On-Kiwi said:

I've just seen the tackle on a replay and you're absolutely right. Only saving grace is that the player was ok. I don't think O'Donnell will have any arguments for the ban coming his way... 

Just total bad technique on O'Donnells part, not a malicious player by any means, but we shall see what comes.

Just seen the 15 mins highlights on Viaplays Youtube. Hardaker a lucky boy to not get a red, think it was as the commentators suggested, the York player just about landed on his back, which saved Hardaker's bacon. And Leigh's, because that would've been a York win otherwise.

If the Asiata challenge that people are talking about being a red card is the one that led to the first two pointer, then I disagree. That's a penalty only in my opinion.

O'Donnell should be looking at at least 7 games, if the panel are going to be consistent with the punishment given to the Wakefield player last week. I'd say O'Donnell's was a bit worse, so could be looking at 8+.

• Thanks 1