Wed 28th Jun-Sun 2nd Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

27 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Must be a wet track at York

Absolutely not, the opposite in fact, just a good performance against an equally good Halifax side. A committed second half performance by the Knights sawthem bring home the bacon.

• Like 5

Latest score, 60-0 Fev. Give the Championship clubs some hope. Give whoever they are playing each week a 30 point start !. 

Just now, Cw25 said:

Latest score, 60-0 Fev. Give the Championship clubs some hope. Give whoever they are playing each week a 30 point start !. 

Be alreight giving Tolouse 30 points start lol 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Not much to cheer about for Whitehaven, unsurprisingly on such a short turnaround, but some of their fans had a blast moaning about the ref from minute 1 to 80!

Fev having a horrendous run with injuries now. Bussey, Hardcastle and Day all suffered what might be long-term injuries last week and Moors went off in the first half today and then Hankinson with a bad-looking knee injury after being tackled in the air by Doran and falling from some considerable height.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not much to cheer about for Whitehaven, unsurprisingly on such a short turnaround, but some of their fans had a blast moaning about the ref from minute 1 to 80!

Fev having a horrendous run with injuries now. Bussey, Hardcastle and Day all suffered what might be long-term injuries last week and Moors went off in the first half today and then Hankinson with a bad-looking knee injury after being tackled in the air by Doran and falling from some considerable height.

How did Logan Astley do ?

14 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

How did Logan Astley do ?

I expect he was never gonna give up or let them down. 

• Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

How's firing the coach going for Keighley?

I can answer that.About as successfully as it is going for Midlands Hurricanes in League 1, since they parted company with their head coach.

Both named clubs could meet each other next year,in League1,should they and League 1 still be going.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

16 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I can answer that.About as successfully as it is going for Midlands Hurricanes in League 1, since they parted company with their head coach.

Both named clubs could meet each other next year,in League1,should they and League 1 still be going.

I don't think Browny is a Canes fan so your stupid comment won't bother him.

Also Mark Dunning would appear to be having a very positive effect on Midlands though judging by today's performance against division leaders Dewsbury. Will be looking forward to his side facing Keighley next year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Didn't MH almost beat Dewsbury today?

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Didn't MH almost beat Dewsbury today?

Sounded like they really give them a game. Good on them.

• Like 2

Fair play to York I don't think many would have seen that result coming and they totally out enthused a Fax team that put in a typical performance for their season and looked like the team that had played Wednesday night. I can't see Simon Grix been there too long after today, he has turned a team that looked quality for the most of last season in to a total shambles and it can't be a coincidence that it has been downhill since his brother Scott and Liam Finn left.

56 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Can someone who attended confirm the Toulouse Widnes score. I thought Toulouse had scored 7 tries and 6 goals for 40 points but everywhere (including the rfl site) has them scoring 42.

40/28

Remember at the start of the season many on here had Keighley to finish as the higest placed team with a BD postcode.  It made me laugh then and it makes me laugh even more now. 

Hope they enjoy Hunslet, Oldham and Cornwall next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fair play to York I don't think many would have seen that result coming and they totally out enthused a Fax team that put in a typical performance for their season and looked like the team that had played Wednesday night. I can't see Simon Grix been there too long after today, he has turned a team that looked quality for the most of last season in to a total shambles and it can't be a coincidence that it has been downhill since his brother Scott and Liam Finn left.

Fax are still a very good side and unlike some teams that have come here this season ,Sheffield to name one , they do come to play rugby, they  let themselves down a bit today with some cynical high shots but that was probably down to a bit of frustration , for a neutral it would have been a good game to watch and as a Knights fan it was just what we needed after the run we have had.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Fax are still a very good side and unlike some teams that have come here this season ,Sheffield to name one , they do come to play rugby, they  let themselves down a bit today with some cynical high shots but that was probably down to a bit of frustration , for a neutral it would have been a good game to watch and as a Knights fan it was just what we needed after the run we have had.

Thought the ref had a good game to be fair, not sure about the high shots but didn't seem to be anything bad going on. 

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I do think that had York had their full compliment of players for more games, we’d have been in the top 4 now. Could have probably done without playing at least 4 more games this season than nearly everyone else as well. 

Good to see York score a game influencing break-away try this time and not Lachlan Walmsley!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

23 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I do think that had York had their full compliment of players for more games, we’d have been in the top 4 now. Could have probably done without playing at least 4 more games this season than nearly everyone else as well. 

Good to see York score a game influencing break-away try this time and not Lachlan Walmsley!

I don't think he got a single pass today from our new star centre. 🤣

I want to watch that try again I were certain there was a shoulder charge on our kicker in the lead up but again that's clutching at straws and we were not at the races in the second half and deserved exactly what we got from that game. 

I'd like to say the same regards the extra games but our form has just been eratic all year and can't really blame it on injuries as it were like that before we started picking them up. A real lack of desire from us which Grix mentioned in his interview, I'm not sure how he fixes that but not expecting him to have right long to figure it out.