Bleep 1673

It is with great sadness that I inform you all of the death of bleep1673, David Hesketh. He was a true die hard fan of rugby league. He was looking forward to going to Toulouse to watch a match in August. He lived, breathed and died rugby. His first gift to our daughter was a tiny rugby ball. As soon as she could walk properly, taught her how to tackle. In his will he wrote that he wanted his death to be announced here. Thank you for the banter, it truly brightened his days.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 23

7 minutes ago, bleep1672 said:

It is with great sadness that I inform you all of the death of bleep1673, David Hesketh. He was a true die hard fan of rugby league. He was looking forward to going to Toulouse to watch a match in August. He lived, breathed and died rugby. His first gift to our daughter was a tiny rugby ball. As soon as she could walk properly, taught her how to tackle. In his will he wrote that he wanted his death to be announced here. Thank you for the banter, it truly brightened his days.

RIP

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Rest In Peace David.

Always remember one of the weeks when he entered the NFL competition he picked the winners by giving me the NHL team's name who played in that particular city.

Edited by Irish Saint
  • Like 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Good bye, David.

You were pretty good for a Swinton fan. I even forgave you for calling Salford, "the Pinks".

Thanks for the banter. RIP.

• Like 3

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

4 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

As a long time reader and lurker of this forum I remember this guy and he seemed to be quite a troubled individual. Nonetheless, and although I never knew him, it's always sad to hear about things like this. RIP

He did indeed, as has already been said, he apparently had his demons and seemed to often be at odds with society in general but plenty of us are. Contributed a lot to this forum.

RIP mate

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Just to clarify, that wasn't a criticism of the guy. Just an observation. 

A pretty accurate one, I would say, again, not a criticism.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

10 hours ago, Shadow said:

Throughout his troubles and problems the thing I remember shining out from Bleep’s posts was his absolute and unconditional love for his daughter.

His daughter always seemed to be his whole world. Sharing his fav films with her.

• Like 5

On 12/07/2023 at 21:36, bleep1672 said:

My condolences for your loss.

It really is heartening to hear that this site brightened David's days.  We are a moody and grumpy bunch sometimes but there is a real sense of community as well.

My thoughts are with you and your daughter. 

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Very sorry to hear the sad news.

I used to enjoy his reminisces about his student and amateur rugby league days because they were more or less contemporary with my own. Seem to remember he liked a bit of cycling too.

Condolences to his loved ones, they clearly meant a lot to him.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.