Which teams would we all like to be competing in the Challenge Cup Final?

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

Wigan v St Helens, because they are the biggest two teams in English RL, and it hasn't happened since 2004.

If not the above, then Leigh vs Hull KR.

And before someone says it happens too much, there’s only been six Saints v Wigan finals from a possible 122. 

• Thanks 1

Leigh obviously. Playing Wigan would be incredible, even though on paper we would stand a better chance of beating KR. 

Either way, i’m going to have to sell most of my worldly goods to pay for the flight from Canada if we win on Saturday - booking a transatlantic flight 3 weeks before you fly in mid-summer ain’t cheap, but …

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Mapleyther said:

Leigh obviously. Playing Wigan would be incredible, even though on paper we would stand a better chance of beating KR. 

Either way, i’m going to have to sell most of my worldly goods to pay for the flight from Canada if we win on Saturday - booking a transatlantic flight 3 weeks before you fly in mid-summer ain’t cheap, but …

I did similar in 2016 when Hull broke their Wembley duck before going back to back 😉. We flew back all the way from Belfast and returned straight after the game 😂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Leigh v anyone but Hull KR.

Yes, the topic is competing in the Challenge Cup Final after all.

• Haha 6

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Wigan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Wigan v Saints is the big one in the national psychic, and has the (original) Derby game tag to play on.

Leigh v Hull KR throws up the opportunity of two, relatively, new clubs competing offering opportunities, if the press take it (they won't), for a little guys make good story. May also entice some neutrals to make the trip.

Saints v Hull KR does offer the underdog v the top dog opportunity for news, but will probably be ignored as it will be expected to be a one way procession. Never met in the CC Final could be an angle to play.

Wigan v Leigh has the Worlds best known club playing their 'village' rivals, a story that may be enticing, battle of the Borough is already an often used tag for this game. Again though I think the perception of a one way procession may get it pushed out of the news. Though the Leigh v Leeds game in 71 could be used to show the little club taking on the big club and overcoming the odds by having the cheating Murphy on their side. Also, never played against each other in a CC Final.

Preference, Wigan v Leigh. I think the local rivalry, big boys v upstarts, first time together in a CC Final and the fact that Leigh have a story to tell in that the newly promoted club to SL are making a fist of it give it the most sellable angle.

This is not based on being a Wigan supporter but on the angles that can be used.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

39 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Just once in this life please.

To witness with my own eyes, Salford at Wembley.

Pleased to say that I have had that experience in 1969. But Dennis Hartley ruined it after 2 seconds.

• Like 2

I don't care as long as Leigh win.

Heartbroken in 87 and would never again thought it would be possible in my Lifetime to potentially get this close to getting to Wembley in my lifetime.

Leigh v Wigans add spice for sure, and the whole of WN 1-8 would turn up in their droves for sure.

If HKR make it, good on them. Similar story to Leigh over the past 20 years (albeit they have been to a final), great fans and it will be a good craic for sure.

Lets hope by Saturday at 4-30pm, my dream will come true !!  What happens at Wembley, i don't really care !

• Like 1