The 2024 Kit Thread

47 minutes ago, meast said:

Anyone else thinking Bananaman?

If Warrington also wore the Bananaman gloves and boots when they played, it would be magnificent.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

That’s a beauty, once again jealous of Hull having castore

That’s a really nice shirt! I bet that will sell well. Castore could be a good addition to RL

Warrington is unusually average though, normally theirs are good. And a lack of rugby balls in their promo video!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

8 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Dear god Warrington dont do themselves any favours do they. 

Bananaman at home

Mike Wozowski v Michael van Gerwen away. 

Its just so easy to take the mick out of them, they never learn. Laughing stock year in year out.

The reaction of some fans never fails to make me laugh/roll my eyes. 

A club having shirts that you don't like hardly make a club a laughing stock. 

I saw some criticism of the club yesterday for launching the season with gimmicks. It was a kit launch in a secret event with a new signing announced. People are weird, it's exactly what clubs should be doing. 

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Damien said:

I normally like Warrington kits, primrose and blue are pretty great colours for a kit. They've somehow managed to mess it up though!

It reminds me of one of those Australian Super League style jerseys.

Yeah, I always prefer simple/classic, or properly bold. I think this is neither. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The reaction of some fans never fails to make me laugh/roll my eyes. 

A club having shirts that you don't like hardly make a club a laughing stock. 

I saw some criticism of the club yesterday for launching the season with gimmicks. It was a kit launch in a secret event with a new signing announced. People are weird, it's exactly what clubs should be doing. 

I have the email address for Tiny Ginger's Junior Arsenal membership so I get loads of the promo stuff they do for new kits, merch etc.

Obviously with a bit of a difference in budget, Wire's launch fits entirely into the aesthetic and vibe of those.

I don't mind the shirt. It's not great but nowhere near as bad as some 'concept' designs we've had in the sport over the years.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I have the email address for Tiny Ginger's Junior Arsenal membership so I get loads of the promo stuff they do for new kits, merch etc.

Obviously with a bit of a difference in budget, Wire's launch fits entirely into the aesthetic and vibe of those.

I don't mind the shirt. It's not great but nowhere near as bad as some 'concept' designs we've had in the sport over the years.

Yeah, I was impressed with the video, and I thought basketball and skateboarding being prominent makes it clear who this is targeting. 

The videos of the launch event and this promo was pretty nice tbh. 

3 minutes ago, daz39 said:

The wire home is terrible, the wire away is terriblein different colours.

In fact it's a Giants 2019 away kit turned inside out, cut in half then sewn back together 🙂

Huddersfield Giants jersey (away)

That design would be nicer. 

The club email today confirms the Wire away colours as mint green and navy blue

Don't normally post on kits but not a fan of that Warrington home. Collar from an early 80s football shirt, maybe spurs or Chelsea away, then the jagged edge V, then the shadow stride on the blue. Prominent sponsor too at odds with the colour of the rest of the shirt, minor sponsor detail odd - does that really say 'it resulting' ? 

48 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

F-rNq_1XAAAkJTn?format=jpg&name=small

I think the luminous green codpiece is a stylistic step too far for the traditionalist market.

• Haha 8

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I really like Wires home shirt. The collar and sleeve ends are a nice touch. You can only do so much with primrose and green. I do think that Oxen would have pounced on the Greenalls era of shirts though, like use some barbed wire somewhere.

As for the sponsor, it looks fantastic, To have Hoover as a sponsor in SL is really good, it takes up a lot of the front but looks good enough for me.

Edited by Stainesrover
  • Like 2