DONCASTER

Peter Winthorpe

8 hours ago, DocH said:

Here we go again the same old we were c*** and the other team weren’t much better. I haven’t seen town for a couple of months now and I noticed definite improvement on earlier in the season. Doncaster certainly were not poor with some very experienced and talented players either ex-superleague or clearly not far off that standard; something we are short on and it showed. The pressure on our team was immense from the off and we held out first half but just couldn’t maintain it second half. Walkers frustration was understandable but I don’t think we ever gave up and fought to the end but we’re just not at that standard yet. Believe me I don’t want to be in this league but accept we’re rebuilding and that match showed where we’re at so I’m not going down that lazy route of slagging the team off just because we lost to a better side.

UTT

Who said we were C@@@ , I said we were poor today but also pointed out the players we were missing. We’ve only beat the teams we were expected to beat and that’s a fact. I never slag  my team off, so if you were referring to me you are one sad individual. UTT

55 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Good signing for Town, he's not let Haven down and will flourish in league 1. Any idea why it's been announced now rather than end of season? 

Probably to bring a bit of positivity after the disappointment of Sunday 

• Thanks 1

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

17 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

There not happy over on the dark side .

Don’t think it’s we are not happy it’s the fact it’s been announced with still 5-6 games left? And considering we are trying to survive in the championship we don’t need news so early of players leaving next year by all means announce it at the end of season and fair enough then but it’s taking the ###### when he still plays for haven in an important part of our season. He’s a very good lad he’s not a speed merchant but very good finisher and his work rate is brilliant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sticklebricks said:

A bit strange him sporting town gear when he’s still supposedly playing for haven😏

That's what's ####### all the Haven fans off . Not the fact that he's leaving coz he as every right to do that powerful player not the fastest but can tackle and break tackles maybe better suited as a centre think he played there for NWC

58 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Don’t think it’s we are not happy it’s the fact it’s been announced with still 5-6 games left? And considering we are trying to survive in the championship we don’t need news so early of players leaving next year by all means announce it at the end of season and fair enough then but it’s taking the ###### when he still plays for haven in an important part of our season. He’s a very good lad he’s not a speed merchant but very good finisher and his work rate is brilliant.

Maybe the lad is ------ off with what has been going on ? He must have been happy to announce it now .

58 minutes ago, donald said:

That's what's ####### all the Haven fans off . Not the fact that he's leaving coz he as every right to do that powerful player not the fastest but can tackle and break tackles maybe better suited as a centre think he played there for NWC

Don’t blame any haven fan for being annoyed. If it was the other way around I would be livid.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I think yesterday was a bit of a reality check and showed us that there's a bit if work to do in the off season to make us competitive enough to get promoted and stay up.

I've enjoyed this season, probably as much to do with the off field work the club have undertaken since the money issues of 2022.

It would have been nice to have been able to mount a serious challenge in the play-offs, and who knows, when we get the injured players back we may just do that, but my head says another off-season of squad improvement is necessary and if the club continues with the magnificent off-field work we will be in great shape to mount a serious challenge next season

If there is an opportunity to go up you must take it.

We will still get "another off-season of squad improvement which is necessary" regardless of which league we are in there is no reason that the club cant continue with the magnificent off-field work.

To say we will be in great shape to mount a serious challenge next season is hard to prove as we dont know what the other teams are doing.

The 2 clubs coming down [if they keep their squads or improve them] will have an advantage and the other teams around us who fail to go up may have the sources to improve even more?

2 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Don’t think this is unusual, Widnes announced Brad Holroyd had signed from Town with still over a month of the season to go and showed pictures of him in Widnes gear.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

2 hours ago, donald said:

Should probably have kept paying him then, he owes your club nothing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

It's just what the townies do pal....to look like they're getting one over on us it's pathetic really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

We will still get "another off-season of squad improvement which is necessary" regardless of which league we are in there is no reason that the club cant continue with the magnificent off-field work.

To say we will be in great shape to mount a serious challenge next season is hard to prove as we dont know what the other teams are doing.

The 2 clubs coming down [if they keep their squads or improve them] will have an advantage and the other teams around us who fail to go up may have the sources to improve even more?

This is also basically my view as its difficult to rely on the stability of a squad and retaining top players, but I guess the younger ones will have another years experience and this board do seem to be on the right track regards recruitment (and everything else) so as Dttr says I think we're in a good place at the moment and the play-offs will still be interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

It's just what the townies do pal....to look like they're getting one over on us it's pathetic really.

If I remember rightly the news was leaked out by a gobsxxxe jambo whose son plays for you lot. Town only stopped rumours 👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

If I remember rightly the news was leaked out by a gobsxxxe jambo whose son plays for you lot. Town only stopped rumours 👍

I was told about 4 weeks ago by a town fan at wrk and he's well respected and knows everything that goes on at Town.  

2 hours ago, DocH said:

This is also basically my view as its difficult to rely on the stability of a squad and retaining top players, but I guess the younger ones will have another years experience and this board do seem to be on the right track regards recruitment (and everything else) so as Dttr says I think we're in a good place at the moment and the play-offs will still be interesting.

Correct, but we do need to take any opportunity to get out of this god forsaken league that the RFL DO NOT CARE ABOUT?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

I don't disagree with you, its more the availability of suitable players for making the step up to the championship as we would need at least 7 - 8 players to be able to sustain that level of rugby, by the time the play-offs are finished most are tied to new contracts, which tends to leave the journeyman type of player, and do we really want to go down that route again?

If we go up we will have to just crack on and build as strong a squad as we can 

• Like 1

This is the major problem with RL at the moment , players hopping around from club to club every year or so .Super League Clubs complain of the threat of relegation not enabling the Clubs near the bottom to build gradually because of the pressure of having to stay up . They want to try it at our level where 6 ot 7 leave every year and we more or less have to re-build every year .

• Like 4

I personally think the  cuts to central funding has changed RL in West Cumbria for ever. L1 and a brief flirt with the championship is the best we can hope for. Only one way forward if we want a long term championship participation. 

Edited by town4me
  • Like 1