Sat 26th Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors KO 18:00 (UK Time) (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/23 at 17:30

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

It is disgusting what they have been allowed to get away with and it is not the first time this season, taking nothing away from their attack, but the slowing down at the tackle is terrible, what a boring game we would have if every team adopted it.

PS I thought commentators were supposed to be neutral, Thickie O'Connor has firmly nailed his colors to the mast for Wigan.

Take the blinkers off.

Every team slows down the tackle as much as possible and looks to dominate the ruck. All teams are coached to do it and every team will push it as much as the referee allows.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Take the blinkers off.

Every team slows down the tackle as much as possible and looks to dominate the ruck. All teams are coached to do it and every team will push it as much as the referee allows.

My blinkers Damien that's a good one, I am a neutral observer just saying what I see.

• Haha 2

Catalans were terrible tonight. I was expecting a close game but it was anything but. Wigan by far the better team. Catalans looked like they'd given up after 20 minutes. Definitely their worst performance this season.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It is disgusting what they have been allowed to get away with and it is not the first time this season, taking nothing away from their attack, but the slowing down at the tackle is terrible, what a boring game we would have if every team adopted it.

PS I thought commentators were supposed to be neutral, Thickie O'Connor has firmly nailed his colors to the mast for Wigan.

This is a significant point for me. I'm wanting to be entertained but often I'm only seeing half a match due to tediously long ptbs allowed to one side. Trying to include 'leporine' in this moan but am struggling. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You don’t like Wigan do you?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

This is a significant point for me. I'm wanting to be entertained but often I'm only seeing half a match due to tediously long ptbs allowed to one side. Trying to include 'leporine' in this moan but am struggling. 

Shh, Wigan fans can't see it.

Don't know what your last sentence means?

Just now, Jinking Jimmy said:

You don’t like Wigan do you?

I don't like the excessive laying on, I would say it whichever team did it, Wigan and the ones who do it the most, and I maintain it is the refs who allow it to happen, I have watched 3 NRL games this week and it doesn't happen over there to the same extent.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damien said:

You are absolutely right. However, I thought  it was particularly bad tonight. The authorities have got to sort it out in the close season. 

Well done Wigan though. Battered Catalan who were way off. 

• Like 1

No wonder sky are gradually pulling the plug.

Yesterday I was looking forward to an close encounter hkr v leigh and today a similar one c v w.

Neither happened.

It was poor entertainment.

The grass fairy rings were probably just an excuse for switching the channel to one you had originally tuned to.

After 65 to years I've gone off RL.

These days I  record it and just play it back on fast forward.

That's assuming I can be bothered.

• Sad 2

Have just arrived back from the match firstly congrats to Wigan good win for them.

Dragons were awful really bad just not at the races.

Next few matches will be interesting if we end up with another Saints v Wigan final with no disrespect to them 😞

I actually found last weeks Broncos v Halifax more entertaining with the rumoured SKY offer only 15 million in actual cash i can see the attraction for many players of playing part time rugby with a decent job down the line .

One final note i would always go for kiwis over aussies for my imports and good luck to the clubs picking up the Dragons ones next season too much of a party for some i think in France.

P

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, roytonyed said:

No wonder sky are gradually pulling the plug.

Yesterday I was looking forward to an close encounter hkr v leigh and today a similar one c v w.

Neither happened.

It was poor entertainment.

The grass fairy rings were probably just an excuse for switching the channel to one you had originally tuned to.

After 65 to years I've gone off RL.

These days I  record it and just play it back on fast forward.

That's assuming I can be bothered.

81 to go...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What goes around for Catalans, comes around. Nobody will beat their performance at our place for slowing the ruck down and making the game the biggest stop, start, borefest you could wish to see. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, I’m pretty sure that this laying on in the tackle is how Wigan have thumped  the mighty Leigh twice this year.

• Like 1

I went to the game last night and firstly I have to say what a fantastic match day experience Catalans put on, truly brilliant.

We could only get standing tickets as there weren't 4 next to each other an hour before kick off but it did mean we got.to watch the game right next to the touchline, superb experience. 

First 10 mins Wigan could have been pulled a good 2 or 3 times for slowing down, hands in the ruck etc but didn't and this rocked Catalans, compounded when they themselves were penalised. This seemed to really rock them.and Wigan took full advantage.

Catalans left side of defence was woeful as was the passing quality of their halves yesterday. Wigan were ruthless and totally dominant.

Shout out to the Wigan fans who were absolutely marvellous all game and must have loved every minute - loads of them and loads of singing made for a great atmosphere.

Live rugby under the lights in Southern France, what's not to love?

• Like 8

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

13 hours ago, gogledd said:

Catalans were terrible tonight. I was expecting a close game but it was anything but. Wigan by far the better team. Catalans looked like they'd given up after 20 minutes. Definitely their worst performance this season.

Is that their season over ? After all, Leigh have been written off after Friday's flogging at Hull KR. 

I'm calling it right now, another Wigan-Saints GF looms.