Clubs fined

Dave T

Careful what you post Dave, you might end up with a sad face in the bottom right hand corner.

• Thanks 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Featherstone really need to get a grip on the trouble makers in the ground. 3rd occasion of racist chanting involving Bradford. Most likely they will be in SL next year where coverage will increase.

The fines will get bigger too.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Bit harsh on Leigh Leopards. 

As I recall,catching a glimpse on television,Derek Beaumont had his joyous celebrations interruped by the idiots on the pitch.

He remonstrated with them;there and then.

He then denounced them while speaking on air.

Massive credit to him.

• Like 4

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/36381/featherstone-rovers-v-halifax-panthers,-agreed-decision

This article is about the previous fine in 2021 with the suspended fine until the end of the 2023 season. 

Don’t worry all those RL journalists will be all over it - sorry it’s not a referees bashing click bait article

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

The problem is that the fines aren't big enough. They're meant to be a warning shot so that the clubs are actually compelled to do something about it. These sort of sums are 'sweep it under rug' money.

Kick them out of the league.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

Featherstone really need to get a grip on the trouble makers in the ground. 3rd occasion of racist chanting involving Bradford. Most likely they will be in SL next year where coverage will increase.

Aye and Bradford are angels. Circa 2021 and homophobic chants to James Child.

Every club had people who aren't welcome... 

Are we really going to start dragging clubs through the mud for the 8th thread now?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Are we really going to start dragging clubs through the mud for the 8th thread now?

Yeah, but they had an inclusion day wearing a special kit, so it was OK! 🌈

1 hour ago, sam4731 said:

The problem is that the fines aren't big enough. They're meant to be a warning shot so that the clubs are actually compelled to do something about it. These sort of sums are 'sweep it under rug' money.

A legal point of view I agree with is that if something is punishable by a fine then that something is effectively legal if you can afford it.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

A legal point of view I agree with is that if something is punishable by a fine then that something is effectively legal if you can afford it.

The water companies being a perfect example. It’s cheaper to dump untreated sewage into the water ways and pay the fines than to deal with it properly. I feel I may be going topic. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Did I say the Bulls were angels?

You and I know Fev have more incidents than other clubs.

Bulls only sold 107 tickets for Fev away. Our worst travelling support of the season by some margin

It's putting off fans from attending Fev.

10 hours ago, bobbruce said:

The water companies being a perfect example. It’s cheaper to dump untreated sewage into the water ways and pay the fines than to deal with it properly. I feel I may be going topic. 

And certainly cheaper when you can just pass that cost on to the customers.

14 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

They have issued some lifetime bans, and training stewards to deal with these issues. It is a small minority, as it is at other clubs.

9 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Bulls only sold 107 tickets for Fev away. Our worst travelling support of the season by some margin

Its certainly not great to have such a negative relationship with any group of attendees, I'd bet most clubs would see a home game against Bradford as a good financial boon.

Because of the low profile of the Championship, and frankly RL in general, these things seem to be in the "out of sight out of mind" category for now. But it is now undeniably a problem.

5 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

They have issued some lifetime bans, and training stewards to deal with these issues. It is a small minority, as it is at other clubs.

Other clubs have had isolated incidents. Fev have had multiple. Don’t dismiss it too easily - I just hope they are committed to sorting it out, the approach hasn’t worked so far 

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

So if we are both fortunate to reach the final, we can look forward to seeing 107 away fans then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

And I'm sure the stewards on the gate have photos of those with bans to ensure they don't get in. Or more likely the fans ignore the bans, go to the game, and no one checks because its too much work.

Just now, Gooleboy said:

So if we are both fortunate to reach the final, we can look forward to seeing 107 away fans then? 

That is different circumstances, but if both are in the champo next season it wouldn't surprise me if its similar for a regular league match.

• Haha 1