Sun 8th Oct: Ch S/F: Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos KO 18:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/23 at 18:00

I have a feeling that Fev will get a fast and aggressive start, establishing a scoreline gap that a late Broncos surge won't be enough to cancel out.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I don't think it will be close TBH, but London should be proud to have made it this far considering.  Something like Fev 46-18 in that range, but I really hope I'm wrong here

They have come far and we've put 90 points on them but it counts for nothing now,it's a one off and although i think we will win you never know. Featherstone have caused more upsets over their proud history then most.

I think there’s an understandable case of Fev fans playing down our chances, especially given what happened last year. But really we should be winning, a better team, home advantage, and a week off to prepare. In these playoff circumstances, the team in this position nearly always wins. Defeat would mean an underperformance and would be a disaster. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, gazza77 said:

In comparison to Leigh last season I only see a couple of SL players in this year's champions. Going to need a lot of changes to stay up next season 

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

19 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

In comparison to Leigh last season I only see a couple of SL players in this year's champions. Going to need a lot of changes to stay up next season 

Well there's 2 games to be won before we know who's going up. But also "staying up" is going to be decided by much more complex factors than how good your team is from next year onwards.

As a general point, I agree that Fev don't really have a squad that would worry too many in SL at the moment, even allowing for the fact that last year's Leigh team was a complete outlier, and I'd expect several of the squad to retire. However, the other three teams in the semi finals are even further away from having a squad that could be competitive in SL. Unless you have bundles of money, it's very tough to build a SL-ready squad in the Championship under the present funding arrangements.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well there's 2 games to be won before we know who's going up. But also "staying up" is going to be decided by much more complex factors than how good your team is from next year onwards.

As a general point, I agree that Fev don't really have a squad that would worry too many in SL at the moment, even allowing for the fact that last year's Leigh team was a complete outlier, and I'd expect several of the squad to retire. However, the other three teams in the semi finals are even further away from having a squad that could be competitive in SL. Unless you have bundles of money, it's very tough to build a SL-ready squad in the Championship under the present funding arrangements.

Hoping to take Wakefield's place in more ways than one, then?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Bradman Better said:

Imagine if the GF is between Toulouse and London? 😍

Sky or BBC would be mad not to televise a contest between two such significant cities.

If the Grand Final is between Toulouse and London, I wonder if there will be any TV coverage at all. ViaPlay have the rights to show it, as they presumably would have had with today's semi final, but does the contract oblige them to do so?

They're abandoning RL, have laid off a quarter of their staff and are millions in debt. They're advertising the final on their website, but if it's at Toulouse are they in a position to fulfil that coverage, take broadcast trucks to the south of France etc?

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If the Grand Final is between Toulouse and London, I wonder if there will be any TV coverage at all. ViaPlay have the rights to show it, as they presumably would have had with today's semi final, but does the contract oblige them to do so?

They're abandoning RL, have laid off a quarter of their staff and are millions in debt. They're advertising the final on their website, but if it's at Toulouse are they in a position to fulfil that coverage, take broadcast trucks to the south of frnace etc?

Sadly Viaplay is in complete financial poo the Ex CEO has been brought back to take the business back to 100% its Scandinavian roots.

Down side NO RL

Upside lots of great Scandi crime dramas with hot blonde Swedish and Danish detectives:))))

• Like 1