Sun 15th Oct: Championship Grand Final: Toulouse Olympique v London Broncos KO 14:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique by 13 points ore more
    • Toulouse Olympique by 7 to 12 points
    • Toulouse Olympique by 1 to 6 points
    • London Broncos by 1 to 6 points
    • London Broncos by 7 to 12 points
    • London Broncos by 13 points ore more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/23 at 14:00

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

Sadly I think this could be the end of Toulouse in the English league unless they make super League a 14 team comp. 

I am sorry if that happens, but I will never ever change my views that promotion and relegation should be gained and lost on the field of play, not by committee or spreadsheet, perhaps I come from a time when things in all walks of life had to be earned and not just given.

• Like 8

Fantastic from London, can’t argue with those three away wins. They were the best when it mattered.

Such a shame that this kind of drama and entertainment is now gone and we’re back to spreadsheet promotions. 

• Like 7

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Well done London

Hopefully promoting the game in the capital will work a bit better this time and they can attract some decent sponsors and players that will be up to it.

The game should help them out with a couple of decent pre season games against the likes of Saints or Wigan to get people in. 

Shame for Toulouse and Fev but good for the game that the championship is so competitive

14 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Sadly I think this could be the end of Toulouse in the English league unless they make super League a 14 team comp. Which I can't see happening. 

Do you think Mr Houles will now stand down? If so is there a French coach ready to takeover?

Will Toulouse go back as a separate entity to their reserve side in Elite1?

If so,the English Championship may take one League 1 club leaving even less for the 3rd tier.

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

was Richard Branson watching?

Not many yoof watching - at stadium in France,or in Wimbledon.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Why are people obsessed with going to 14 teams? SL teams would never let it happen cutting their own income for the good of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they went as far to cut London's funding next year if they threatened to not go full time. 

Because they want to expand the game

18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

But its not going to happen while individual Sl clubs are running the game. Theres more chance of them cutting the league to 10 teams so they can get their grubby hands on more money.

Absolutely, you are right. But that's not the answer to the question why do people (in general) want 14  The union world cup is breaking records in attendance, viewing etc left right and centre, while RL contracts more and more. Action is urgently needed to try and reverse this, surely?

Edited by Hello

20 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

But its not going to happen while individual Sl clubs are running the game. Theres more chance of them cutting the league to 10 teams so they can get their grubby hands on more money.

Oh, I didn't realise that. Other posters say it's IMG that are running the game. Which is it?

Edited by JohnM

1 hour ago, oiseau said:

Brilliant from London, cracking second half. TO we’re half a yard slower than London, no spark. The coach must seriously be considering his position. Houles was out coached today. Some of the TO squad just aren’t up to it at this level.

Enjoyed the Broncos attitude cheered on by superb travelling fans.

TO had to re jig the team at half time, lost two big guys up front and Zac had to play on with an injury. Playing a Pilier at centre in the 2nd half. Credit to Corey Norman who figured it out early on in the 2nd half and exploited it, they attacked wider on the TO right which just gave them the edge.

Not sure I agree with your statement about the squad. They didn't have the depth they should have had I agree, but they got to the final above Bradford and Fév so not that bad. They have a 2 year plan and I think I said earlier in the season they need this season to get things right. 

A new president and a chance to recruit next year, with hopefully some younger French lads coming through.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hello said:

Absolutely, you are right. But that's not the answer to the question why do people (in general) want 14  The union world cup is breaking records in attendance, viewing etc left right and centre, while RL contracts more and more. Action is urgently needed to try and reverse this, surely?

I totally agree. SL chairman been in control has been holding back the game for years and I'm really not sure that the damage done is reversable now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think id be too keen to see Trinity artificially saved by going going to 14 clubs. Let's face it all the best players have gone and we'd be left with the scraps again, this time with two other clubs fighting over them too. It would be a repeat of the season just gone which was not an enjoyable experience.

Just back from Tunbridge Wells not too long ago, surely the poshest place I'll ever see us promoted again lol. 

It's going to be tough, but I'll enjoy the ride. Feels extra special having so many homegrown players a part of it too. As long as it isn't another 2014 again.

We've got a much better base to build on than in 2019, but it's going to be tough to build a side. Just hoping we can find some extra investment. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kiggy said:

TO had to re jig the team at half time, lost two big guys up front and Zac had to play on with an injury. Playing a Pilier at centre in the 2nd half. Credit to Corey Norman who figured it out early on in the 2nd half and exploited it, they attacked wider on the TO right which just gave them the edge.

Not sure I agree with your statement about the squad. They didn't have the depth they should have had I agree, but they got to the final above Bradford and Fév so not that bad. They have a 2 year plan and I think I said earlier in the season they need this season to get things right. 

A new president and a chance to recruit next year, with hopefully some younger French lads coming through.

Agree with that but I think new ideas are needed, the squad looked stale and half paced. London upped the pace second forty and used the ball better.To line speed was funerial. A shocking display by TO second half who didn’t have a Plan B. Santo was superb despite his injury, Shorrocks was awful. Thé TO game management was woeful.

But, London we’re superb.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

I don't think id be too keen to see Trinity artificially saved by going going to 14 clubs. Let's face it all the best players have gone and we'd be left with the scraps again, this time with two other clubs fighting over them too. It would be a repeat of the season just gone which was not an enjoyable experience.

Haven’t you believed the no relegation rumours.

Up the Trin