Sat 28th Oct: International: England v Tonga KO 14:30 @ Huddersfield (BBC)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/23 at 14:00

45 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I disagree, and time will tell.

How have New Zealand got on against Tonga in the last few years? How did England get on the last time we played a series against them? There is nothing to suggest that any of the 4 teams are miles ahead of any of the others. 

The 2 games have certain similarities - our spine and our structure are better than the Kiwis, who relied on the same attributes Tonga are relying on: power and pace. 

Disagree, this was a very poor game.

• Like 2

All I need is a whinge about the PA playing "Sweet Caroline" and I'll have completed my International RL on Terrestrial TV Misery Bingo Card.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They’ve been really really disappointing 

This is a Rugby League forum. You have to be more specific. 

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Jon Wilkin with typical negativity to a question about his thoughts on the game. An immediate despondent and downbeat reaction and talking down the game  and just mumbling about Tonga being poor instead of talking England up.

No other sports pundits and commentators constantly talk down the sport like ours do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bratman said:

Interesting interview with Wane!

He's more than a little exasperated, but also deliberately creating a siege mentality.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Damien said:

Jon Wilkin with typical negativity to a question about his thoughts on the game. An immediate despondent and downbeat reaction and talking down the game  and just mumbling about Tonga being poor instead of talking England up.

No other sports pundits and commentators constantly talk down the sport like ours do.

Playing to the crowd of miseries that are RL fans, just desperate to Moan about everything and anything.

• Haha 1

Just now, Damien said:

It's almost as if he posts on here.😀

• Haha 3

Just now, Damien said:

And despite Wilkin playing to the gallery by talking the game down unnecessarily, those same people will still whinge about him being a pundit next week.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Disagree, this was a very poor game.

I am not sure whose post you are responding to.

I enjoyed the game, particularly given how this is a brand new England team. It also makes me smile when the NRL = gods fetishisists are put temporarily back in their box. The post I was responding to was one dismissing the absolute quality of the 2 teams. I hold a different opinion, based on the results when these teams have actually played each other. 

• Like 2

Conditions obviously played a major part in the style of play today, but a wins a win, especially as it secures the series. Important to remember that this England team is without 5-6 first choice players - so the players that came in have certainly played an important part. Shaun Wane has always been very good at getting the best out of the players available.

Special mention for Harry Smith. He has certainly come on a lot in the last 6-7 months. Heres hoping he can continue that progression into the 3rd test and beyod.

• Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yep, it’s tiresome sometimes 

If you enjoyed the quality of that match then good on you. It was terrible. Tonga have played side to side football in both games asking very little of the English defence. No real go forward, attacking shape, deception etc. A complete borefest. We are still miles behind the main players.

• Like 1