Sat 4th Nov: Third Test: England v Tonga KO 2.30pm @ Headingley (BBC One)

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/23 at 15:00

1 minute ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Whatever Wigan paid Harry Smith's goal kicking coach, based on what I've seen this series, it was worth every penny.

It's come along very nicely, even compared to just half a season ago.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Even as a roosters fan and Radley Super fan I will comment that Englands attack looks a lot more fluid Without Radley receiving the ball every play. Radley makes to many errors and I don’t think he is as good a ball player as people say. For the roosters he is not that involved in attack and I think England should keep it that way in the future.

I agree. There is far too much NRL = supermen when there is so much talent in SL. Both competitions allow 20 odd players in each squad to play full time at a highly competitive level each week. As Saints and England have shown, we produce fantastic players. 

it has been a superb season north and south of the equator, with so much to build on. I am thrilled to see how far this England team can go. Welsby, Smith and Williams is a fantastic spine to build from. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have not seen enough of that from Bateman for a long time, he was as different as chalk and cheese from the player who was at Wigan when he returned from Aus he needs to make that the norm and not the exception in an International Jersey, Smith has also played very very well, all my opinion of course.

Agree about Smith. He's beginning to look a very fine player.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I agree. There is far too much NRL = supermen when there is so much talent in SL. Both competitions allow 20 odd players in each squad to play full time at a highly competitive level each week. As Saints and England have shown, we produce fantastic players. 

it has been a superb season north and south of the equator, with so much to build on. I am thrilled to see how far this England team can go. Welsby, Smith and Williams is a fantastic spine to build from. 

Radley hasn't had a brilliant club season, compared to his form when he was first linked to an England selection. He's been sloppy, chaotic, carded far too many times, and only started to show his quality towards the last few matches of the NRL season.

When/if Radley regains top form, he should certainly remain a consideration.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

all in all - a series to be quickly forgotten and put to pasture - it kept the international cause breathing till the paramedics arrived this morning in the shape of the kiwis 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just catching up with the after match interviews.

Wane is a very good choice for England coach, though his tendency to pick second rows in the centre remains a worry. He even speaks much better these days. Credit to Tonga. It is no disgrace to be second best to this England side. Woolf remains a great leader and has taken them a long way. 

One thing it endorses is how good the SL competition is, and how good our players are. I think next season could be a classic. There were a lot of encouraging signs for Warrington, Hull KR and Leeds. I know we have a couple of games tomorrow, but we head into the off season after a 23 to cherish (wearing my pie, anyone but Australia and England colours…). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Had a great day at Headingley! 

Ive been really disappointed with Tonga, theyve just looked poor, but that might be me not giving enough credit to England who look to have built a really good team spirit

On balance I would credit the England performances which have been very strong 80 minute efforts, particularly in defence and disciplined kick chase.

Yes, the Tongans may have been weakened a little but Emgland fans were looking forward to seeing the likes of Herbie Farnworth and Dom Young... test rugby is as much a competition of strength in depth as quality, particularly when it is played at the end of the year.

A couple of years ago we were told that Tonga were going to turn the Rugby League world upside down and gate crash the top table and we have beaten them 3-0.  We should be very happy with that.

And remember, there were still people on here predicting a 3-0 Tonga whitewash halfway through the first game.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

24 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Just catching up with the after match interviews.

Wane is a very good choice for England coach, though his tendency to pick second rows in the centre remains a worry. He even speaks much better these days. Credit to Tonga. It is no disgrace to be second best to this England side. Woolf remains a great leader and has taken them a long way. 

One thing it endorses is how good the SL competition is, and how good our players are. I think next season could be a classic. There were a lot of encouraging signs for Warrington, Hull KR and Leeds. I know we have a couple of games tomorrow, but we head into the off season after a 23 to cherish (wearing my pie, anyone but Australia and England colours…). 

Thought Currie performed excellently in the centre, didn't look out of position, and there is the fantastic Herbie Farnworth  to come in to that  spot.

Edited by roughyed8

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

And remember, there were still people on here predicting a 3-0 Tonga whitewash halfway through the first game.

I couldn’t see them winning the series at all . I thought they may get one test at best but 3-0 is a great result . It would be great to go into a NZ or Aus series here after that to test ourselves with those 

1 hour ago, Damien said:

14 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Is this a brag? Dont want to be negative but this is essentially bigger than crowds we've had against France then right? 

Doesn't really tell me anything about crowds.

What it does tell me is that it is great to have a 3 test series against a Pacific Island nation at home.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris