England vs Samoa Series

36 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

On a positive note Broncos looking for around 4000 a match + 7/8000 for the St Helens match which due to pitch work will be played elsewhere (If all is agreed looks like being at THE -----:)

Emirates?

15 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

On a positive note Broncos looking for around 4000 a match + 7/8000 for the St Helens match which due to pitch work will be played elsewhere (If all is agreed looks like being at THE -----:)

What is it that makes Broncos think they may get these crowds?

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

What is it that makes Broncos think they may get these crowds?

Delusions, same as ever

• Haha 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

19 hours ago, Dave T said:

The bit j didn't like about the WCC comments is that it was all a bit small time. Pretty much saying it's up to the clubs to organise it, promote it and sell it, it doesn't really present RLCom in a professional light. 

Everything I've read recently is really wishy-washy from him. 

I think to be fair to him he was just trying to make sure he gave credit where it was due, rather than try and take it

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Worzel said:

I think to be fair to him he was just trying to make sure he gave credit where it was due, rather than try and take it

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

I think it is fine to say ticket sales are going great, Wigan have done a fantastic job and the fans have got behind it blah blah blah.

• 2 months later...
On 15/01/2024 at 15:04, Hopie said:

Any news/rumours about dates for England v Samoa this year? i'd like to book the days off work...

Still waiting unless anyone can point me in the right direction

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hopie said:

Still waiting unless anyone can point me in the right direction

I assume they are just hoping we all forget this was ever mentioned and we just ignore international comp for 2024.

It's not much better Down Under - even though we know there'll be a tournament, nothing has been announced yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dave T said:

It's not much better Down Under - even though we know there'll be a tournament, nothing has been announced yet.

And until if or when they announce that tournament, we won't know what scraps are available to organise touring England.

glad I saw the kangaroo tours and tests of the 80s and 90s - what a travesty we have these days in comparison international wise

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

glad I saw the kangaroo tours and tests of the 80s and 90s - what a travesty we have these days in comparison international wise

And before that. Used to love going to some midweek games against the club sides. I was lucky enough to see Featherstone play the Australians on a Sunday afternoon in 1973. A defeat by 18 - 13, but a great occasion. They got revenge as we had beaten them the two previous times we had met!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

And before that. Used to love going to some midweek games against the club sides. I was lucky enough to see Featherstone play the Australians on a Sunday afternoon in 1973. A defeat by 18 - 13, but a great occasion. They got revenge as we had beaten them the two previous times we had met!

you dont forget that sort of stuff mate - unfortunately modern life is structured to be instantly forgettable these days

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Even beyond the often touted halcyon years of the 80's and 90's we've had a great couple of decades in general.

2000 - Home World Cup

2001 - Home Ashes

2002 - Home series v Kiwis

2003 - Home Ashes 

2004 - Home Tri Nations

2005 - Home Tri Nations

2006 - Aus/NZ Tri Nations

2007 - Home series v Kiwis

2008 - Aus World Cup

2009 - Home 4N

2010 - Aus/NZ 4N

2011 - Home 4N

2012 - Home Tri Nations (Fra/Wales)

2013 - Home World Cup

2014 - Aus/NZ 4N

2015 - Home Series v Kiwis

2016 - Home 4N

2017 - Aus/NZ World Cup

2018 - Home series v NZ

2019 - Tour to NZ/PNG

2020/21 - Covid affected

2022 - Home World Cup

2023 - Home series v Tonga

It's a travesty where we are now ending up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Even beyond the often touted halcyon years of the 80's and 90's we've had a great couple of decades in general.

2000 - Home World Cup

2001 - Home Ashes

2003 - Home Ashes 

2004 - Home Tri Nations

2005 - Home Tri Nations

2008 - Aus World Cup

2009 - Home 4N

2010 - Aus/NZ 4N

2011 - Home 4N

2013 - Home World Cup

2014 - Aus/NZ 4N

2016 - Home 4N

2017 - Aus/NZ World Cup

2018 - Home series v NZ

2019 - Tour to NZ/PNG

2020/21 - Covid affected

2022 - Home World Cup

Am I right in thinking that now it's either Tri-Nations with Wales / France or we go down under each season ?

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

2000 - Home World Cup

2001 - Home Ashes

2003 - Home Ashes 

2004 - Home Tri Nations

2005 - Home Tri Nations

2008 - Aus World Cup

2009 - Home 4N

2010 - Aus/NZ 4N

2011 - Home 4N

2013 - Home World Cup

2014 - Aus/NZ 4N

2016 - Home 4N

2017 - Aus/NZ World Cup

2018 - Home series v NZ

2019 - Tour to NZ/PNG

2020/21 - Covid affected

2022 - Home World Cup

That's a surprisingly acceptable list over 20 years. Far from ideal, but still.

Difficult to reconcile this list with the idea in my head that we seem to have seen very little of Eng/GB v Australia in the past decade or so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Am I right in thinking that now it's either Tri-Nations with Wales / France or we go down under each season ?

Well according to the IRL's calendar:

2024 - God knows

2025 - Men's and Women's Ashes tours to Oz

2026 - SH WC

2027 - Home series v NZ

2028 - Home series v Aus

It really hasn't been a great plan in terms of flipping hemispheres. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Difficult to reconcile this list with the idea in my head that we seem to have seen very little of Eng/GB v Australia in the past decade or so.

In reality, things aren't quite as bad as they maybe appear right now. Covid did hit us hard. We don't have many games so wiping those couple of years out has made it seem worse imo. 

But on top of my list, without covid we'd have had a 2020 Ashes and a 2021 World Cup. When we look at the fixtures for the next few years it ain't that bad if it comes off. It's really 2024 that is the car crash. 

I would also add that we are meant to be touring Australia in 2025 for an Ashes series, how good would it be if we had dates and fixtures now so that tours could be saved for and planned? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marklaspalmas said:

You're not wrong.

England last played Australia in England at the London Stadium in the 2016 Four Nations. The previous meeting in *England* was in the 2011 Four Nations. We've gone from three games here on an Ashes tour every four years to a game once a decade.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I was at Old Trafford when the Aussies scored that last second try against us, was it Meninga who made the break and nudged Gibson out of the way.

I can’t remember the year but it was sickening losing against them. I enjoyed the day as a whole though, “Ere We Go, Ere We Go, Ere We Go”. 

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

In reality, things aren't quite as bad as they maybe appear right now. Covid did hit us hard. We don't have many games so wiping those couple of years out has made it seem worse imo. 

But on top of my list, without covid we'd have had a 2020 Ashes and a 2021 World Cup. When we look at the fixtures for the next few years it ain't that bad if it comes off. It's really 2024 that is the car crash. 

I would also add that we are meant to be touring Australia in 2025 for an Ashes series, how good would it be if we had dates and fixtures now so that tours could be saved for and planned? 

The other lot (B & I Lions) are also touring in 2025 and tickets for all games ( tests and tour games) went on sale two weeks ago. They will be sold out before League has announced a schedule.

Weren’t IMG supposed to be sorting this out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Well according to the IRL's calendar:

2024 - God knows

2025 - Men's and Women's Ashes tours to Oz

2026 - SH WC

2027 - Home series v NZ

2028 - Home series v Aus

It really hasn't been a great plan in terms of flipping hemispheres. 

If this all happens, I'll eat my hat. By 2028 we'll have had 3 revised 'international calendars' stretching from anything between 3 and 10 years into the future. Unfortunately the one thing on there that is least likely to happen is the 2026 WC. I think we've seen the last of the WC for a while, at least until the Kangaroos get bored of playing against the same 3 teams over and over again.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

The other lot (B & I Lions) are also touring in 2025 and tickets for all games ( tests and tour games) went on sale two weeks ago. They will be sold out before League has announced a schedule.

Weren’t IMG supposed to be sorting this out?

You may also wish to add that a 19 year old NSW Waratahs starlet has knocked back the Roosters on the 6.00pm Channel 9 news on the grounds that he gets to play against the B&I Lions next year and may extend his contract to cover the 2027 home union world cup.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both