Zak Hardaker

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Maybe there’s your answer to what one of  the issues is with Zak. Maybe doing 40hours a week would do him good.

It could also see him spiral, do this again with a much worse outcome.

He’s booked himself into Sporting Chance, says he’s trying to knock booze on the head. I’d prefer his employer to support him in that 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Click said:

Drink driving is a serious offence, and it annoys me how some people on SM seem to be dismissing it as something that shouldn't be treated seriously. Just like the clubs statement on it.

This is the second time he has been caught drink driving, it would be a fool to think he hasn't done it many other times and just hasn't been caught. He is extremely lucky he hasn't killed someone yet.

And last night he was revelling in the stuff the Giants fans were shouting at him, laughing and being jovial about it and finding it funny, even his own team mates were laughing along, an absolute morale-less clown this fella.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

And last night he was revelling in the stuff the Giants fans were shouting at him, laughing and being jovial about it and finding it funny, even his own team mates were laughing along, an absolute morale-less clown this fella.

If you get caught twice drunk driving in Canada you are going to jail regardless of who you are....is it the same in the UK?

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

If you get caught twice drunk driving in Canada you are going to jail regardless of who you are....is it the same in the UK?

Hardaker played last night for Leigh.  So I going to say no, it's not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The man is an absolute cretin.

Last night at Leigh, Huddersfield fans obviously giving him some stick about his criminal and pathetic ways, but rather than accept he's a d1ck and ignore them , he stands on the touchline, laughing, pulling faces and cupping his ears etc.

Absolutely no remorse, regret or responsibility for his actions at all, just a big joke to him, he's a disgrace to the sport and the quicker he's out of it and in some kind of facility, the better.

Absolute scumbag of the highest order

Edited by meast
Didn't see Daz's post, but it's the same observation many Giants fans picked up on.
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Click said:

Drink driving is a serious offence, and it annoys me how some people on SM seem to be dismissing it as something that shouldn't be treated seriously. Just like the clubs statement on it.

This is the second time he has been caught drink driving, it would be a fool to think he hasn't done it many other times and just hasn't been caught. He is extremely lucky he hasn't killed someone yet.

As per my previous post, I don't think he gives a ###### whether he kills anyone, it's all a big joke to him and it appears the Derek/Leigh don't give a ###### either as long as he's available to play.

We often call out football for the lack of morality, but Leigh and Hardaker are giving them a run for their money here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Clearly not, Zak Hardaker was loving life last night, unluckily for him he lost and hopefully missed the last bus home!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Something very off about him even being in the squad for last night, let alone starting, he's basically been let off completely by his club. 

I can’t believe a drink driving conviction doesn’t brake some sort of code of conduct.  Says a lot about Leigh to be honest, thought they were better than that

• Like 2

Maybe some of these drink driving awareness groups could do with putting some pressure on Leigh, SLE and RFL.

What sort of terrible message does it send out?

Yes you can drink drive at twice the legal limit and be convicted, not once, but twice.

Yes, you can speed at 88 mph in residential area's whilst being chased by police whilst been twice the legal limit over.

Yes, you can cause damage to property, and seriously endanger lives by your actions.

But you're a good rugby player so, no you won't be punished, no you won't be sacked or even publicly sanctioned or admonished.

Yes you can carry on your life as normal and laugh it all off with your mates.

😞 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

It could also see him spiral, do this again with a much worse outcome.

He’s booked himself into Sporting Chance, says he’s trying to knock booze on the head. I’d prefer his employer to support him in that 

Not a preference but a requirement, in my view, assisted by involving him in "community" activites such as involment in the youth game, schools etc. Plus getting his mates to supprt him, too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I can’t believe a drink driving conviction doesn’t brake some sort of code of conduct.  Says a lot about Leigh to be honest, thought they were better than that

I suspect other clubs would behave in the same way as Leigh.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Not a preference but a requirement, in my view, assisted by involving him in "community" activites such as involment in the youth game, schools etc. Plus getting his mates to supprt him, too.

In my opinion, I wouldn't want him anywhere near young players/schoolchildren. He's a disgrace.

Edited by burnleywelsh
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I suspect other clubs would behave in the same way as Leigh.

In November 2013, Hardaker withdrew from the England squad during the 2013 Rugby League World Cup, citing personal reasons. He was later handed a £2,500 fine and a written warning by his club Leeds Rhinos after he "acted unprofessionally" prior to his withdrawal from the squad

In March 2015, Hardaker was detained and questioned by police over the alleged assault of a 22-year-old student  He was also once again subject to internal disciplinary action by his club

His contract was terminated by Castleford on 21 February 2018 following his suspension in September 2017 for drug offences

On April 21, 2022, Hardaker was sacked by Wigan for disciplinary issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meast said:

Maybe some of these drink driving awareness groups could do with putting some pressure on Leigh, SLE and RFL.

What sort of terrible message does it send out?

Yes you can drink drive at twice the legal limit and be convicted, not once, but twice.

Yes, you can speed at 88 mph in residential area's whilst being chased by police whilst been twice the legal limit over.

Yes, you can cause damage to property, and seriously endanger lives by your actions.

But you're a good rugby player so, no you won't be punished, no you won't be sacked or even publicly sanctioned or admonished.

Yes you can carry on your life as normal and laugh it all off with your mates.

😞 

But he’s a role model according to his solicitor. 

• Haha 1

Hardaker has been indulged by all his UK SL clubs with the exception perhaps of Cas. Leigh are unsurprisingly just the latest in a long line, although at least the other ones pretended to give a cr&p about his behaviour.

Whilst the NRL's integrity unit in my view goes too far on some occasions it's the sort of thing which would have rightly weeded this bad apple out of the game the best part of a decade ago.

• Like 3

On 14/02/2024 at 21:21, Damien said:

The prosecutor told the court police had to drive at 88mph to keep up with Hardaker.

I think we've unfairly overlooked what Hardaker was trying to achieve.

Edited by M j M
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

I’d be amazed if there wasn’t anything in his contract re: drink, drugs, inappropriate behaviour

3 hours ago, M j M said:

Hardaker has been indulged by all his UK SL clubs with the exception perhaps of Cas. Leigh are unsurprisingly just the latest in a long line, although at least the other ones pretended to give a cr&p about his behaviour.

Whilst the NRL's integrity unit in my view goes too far on some occasions it's the sort of thing which would have rightly weeded this bad apple out of the game the best part of a decade ago.

Players have been stood down for being late for training in the UK game - this is why I’m so surprised that’s he’s not even missed a week

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

Got to ask if that was deliberate? 😂 

• Haha 1

I've never forgiven Hardaker for not using his talent to improve England's chances in 2013 or 2017, I've enjoyed watching him play good Rugby League over the years and think he could have been even better if he was smarter, but big daft lads will do things that are daft, and Hardaker has done things that go way beyond daft.

However it should be pointed out, the law decided he didn't need to be punished by losing his liberty or ability to earn a living, so Leigh are within their rights to get a return on the money they pay him, just as they would be within their rights to sack him if his contract allows. He's done it before and they hired him knowing that so it is hardly surprising he wasn't sacked or stood down, and if they feel it best for their business and/or his rehabilitation to play this week then that is for them to decide, and deal with any consequences. 

• Thanks 1