Fri 16th Feb: SL: Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky/SL+)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/24 at 20:30

5 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Please Sky, don’t televise every game. 

That was boring and thank God I couldn’t make it tonight live. 

Slow, uninspiring, grubby, little skill and I feel sorry for the 8500 people watching that live ! ( but not that shi****use with the drum !) 😂😂

Yes, there is room for improvement.

The one with the drum should get a cuica for games like that.

9 minutes ago, dboy said:

I said...

"A knock-on is a technical infringement; thumping someone is a foul.

Not comparable.

Two thumpings = pen against #1 thumper."

How do you find that as suggesting a scrum decision? I didn't even comment on the specific incident, just the point of Law in RL.

Please don't complain to Admin.

The point is refs have a hierarchy of offences, they also don't blow for offences immediately all the time as they wait and see, its called advantage.

When players have been told what is top of the list for the season nobody should be surprised if they get penalised for what is on the list.

He played the ball illegally, he was an utter numpty, he would probably have got a penalty if he didn't try to milk one. Is he the only player who didn't get the memo.

As for your last line what the fek are you on about.

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Did the post match interview ask Hardaker what it felt like to be turned over?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

31 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Dunno why this has become a dull argument about nothing (actually I do), the second half was a much better game. Huddersfield will be pleased with that; gave away too much territory but defended very well on the goal line. Well deserved win, Leigh didn't have enough to break them down.

I think we all do.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

41 minutes ago, dboy said:

It is, however, hard for the ball-player now = play as quick as you can/as quick as you've earned (and risk being penalised)...or don't play it because you know you have been interfered with (and risk not getting the advantage you have earned)...

Well put. I like how you say this. Amone was stable and was literally dragged down from behind by a second tackle.

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Haha 1

We looked very undercooked today off the back of essentially 40 minutes of 1 friendly for the first 13. Huddersfield have had 3 or 4 friendlies and it showed. Lost count of the amount of players who had their worst game in a leigh shirt.

One ruling I was pretty confused about was the Moylan HIA, I'm sure I remember reading that any foul play that resulted in a player leaving the field injured results in a yellow card. Have I misunderstood that?

55 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Dunno why this has become a dull argument about nothing (actually I do), the second half was a much better game. Huddersfield will be pleased with that; gave away too much territory but defended very well on the goal line. Well deserved win, Leigh didn't have enough to break them down.

Leigh forgot what they did last year that was so effective and tried to grubber the ball into the in goal area other than playing the ball through the hands probably as much in this game than in any number of games last season, actually thought Lam senior got all his tactics wrong when he said "teams will know what to expect from us this term" and he changes good handling for very poor kicking, he should actually look at who he has who can kick in these situations it's not his son and on this evidence not Moylan either.

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh forgot what they did last year that was so effective and tried to grubber the ball into the in goal area other than playing the ball through the hands probably as much in this game than in any number of games last season, actually thought Lam senior got all his tactics wrong when he said "teams will know what to expect from us this term" and he changes good handling for very poor kicking, he should actually look at who he has who can kick in these situations it's not his son and on this evidence not Moylan either.

Not deep enough H and to be fair, Smith allowed Hudds to mess the ruck around good and proper. We was sledged and fell for it hook line and sinker. Not one player stuck out. 

Not liking the new rules one bit. Leutele had no control whatsoever in tackling the man so what next ?  It really is pathetic and I can see players manipulating it to the extent to getting opposing players a yellow card. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think that is a fair assessment, at times I was shaking my head wondering what Leigh were playing at. They looked nowhere near as slick as last season.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

12 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Please Sky, don’t televise every game. 

That was boring and thank God I couldn’t make it tonight live. 

Slow, uninspiring, grubby, little skill and I feel sorry for the 8500 people watching that live ! ( but not that shi****use with the drum !) 😂😂

And the winner of round 1's sore loser of the week goes to.........

There was at least 250 in that ground who enjoyed it, including those with drums and cowbells, they were delighted i can assure you 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Not liking the multiple screens on the VR, did they do that last night>

Can't see b*gger all.

14 hours ago, Padge said:

I don't think this multiple split screen VR works

At the ground, we had no idea what was happening, we thought it was another of Leigh's leccy issues...

It's awful, it's confusing and totally unnecessary! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, 5 pages, mainly arguing and nit picking over refereeing decisions, come on guys, do we really need to keep doing this?

As for the actual game, I thought it was a solid defensive performance from us, some monster tackles, and a bit of grubiness totally put Leigh off their stride, the first half, they targeted our right with Naiqama and Wallis, got one try but it was dealt with for most of it, other than that, apart from trying to barge down the middle, Leigh didn't create that much really and Giants defended well.

As for us, I'm not getting carried away, but our new signings and some who failed to impress last year looked well up for it, the celebrations at the end hinted at a good team spirit there.

Bring on the Saints.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, meast said:

So, 5 pages, mainly arguing and nit picking over refereeing decisions, come on guys, do we really need to keep doing this?

As for the actual game, I thought it was a solid defensive performance from us, some monster tackles, and a bit of grubiness totally put Leigh off their stride, the first half, they targeted our right with Naiqama and Wallis, got one try but it was dealt with for most of it, other than that, apart from trying to barge down the middle, Leigh didn't create that much really and Giants defended well.

As for us, I'm not getting carried away, but our new signings and some who failed to impress last year looked well up for it, the celebrations at the end hinted at a good team spirit there.

Bring on the Saints.

You hit the nail firmly and squarely on the head meast with Leigh "trying to barge down the middle" presumably to get into position close enough to execute a grubber kick, these tactics are totally divorced from how they performed last season with slick and precise passing, Huddersfield did what was required very ably but in all honesty they were never stretched enough.

Whatever Mr Lam has been doing with them gameplan and tactic wise for the last 8 or so weeks needs ripping up and he needs to start playing to the strengths of the 'group' as he likes to call them, whatever it was he employed them to do last night is simply not good enough, but well done the Giants I don't expect they came and expected that 'style' of play from Leigh but they adapted to it very well and were easily the deserved winners of the contest.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You hit the nail firmly and squarely on the head meast with Leigh "trying to barge down the middle" presumably to get into position close enough to execute a grubber kick, these tactics are totally divorced from how they performed last season with slick and precise passing, Huddersfield did what was required very ably but in all honesty they were never stretched enough.

Whatever Mr Lam has been doing with them gameplan and tactic wise for the last 8 or so weeks needs ripping up and he needs to start playing to the strengths of the 'group' as he likes to call them, whatever it was he employed them to do last night is simply not good enough, but well done the Giants I don't expect they came and expected that 'style' of play from Leigh but they adapted to it very well and were easily the deserved winners of the contest.

I think most of that was down to Huddersfield's defence, we were off our line and closing down space in front of us, we came in and out off the edges in time and in tandem, closing any space down out wide and behind us, we stopped Lam and Moylan from getting any decent time and space to do anything with.

A lot of that was down to our back 3, Cudjoe, Hewitt and Murchie, who all rated highly in our fans' top 3 performers.

I think we just totally shut Leigh out with a massive defensive effort and took our chances at the other end.

• Like 1

I'd give some credit to the Giants defence, penalties aside I thought Leigh struggled for yardage and their playmakers got shut down quickly, some especially good reads and scramble from the Giants edge defence to force Leigh up the middle.

Great result in a VERY tough opening month for the Giants.

• Like 3

Just now, meast said:

I think most of that was down to Huddersfield's defence, we were off our line and closing down space in front of us, we came in and out off the edges in time and in tandem, closing any space down out wide and behind us, we stopped Lam and Moylan from getting any decent time and space to do anything with.

A lot of that was down to our back 3, Cudjoe, Hewitt and Murchie, who all rated highly in our fans' top 3 performers.

I think we just totally shut Leigh out with a massive defensive effort and took our chances at the other end.

That's my read too Meast, love Cudj at 13. 

• Like 1