SKY - if you are reading this stop the spoilers

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

So you are saying this is an elite think tank? 

That's one way of framing it.

We need a live look at the others.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

49 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

There's like 30 regular posters on here. Their focus group for Brighouse probably has more people in it.

I just asked around at Brighouse Station and nobody had a strong view on the spoilers at all.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

33 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Thanks 

Now can someone sort this please 

There is absolutely nothing to sort, though . If you don't like the current situation, put sticky tape over the scores on your TV.

• Haha 2

I really don't mind either way whether they show the score updates for the other live games or not.

What really bothers me though is that I feel I am missing out on a good 12 page argument on here by not having an opinion.  And that's killing me.

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

16 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I really don't mind either way whether they show the score updates for the other live games or not.

What really bothers me though is that I feel I am missing out on a good 12 page argument on here by not having an opinion.  And that's killing me.

We could call it "Deliberate score update" and debate about whether it's just a passively accepted part of the coverage or it was purposefully set up that way?

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Dear Sky, I wrote you, but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, damnit, what's been up, man? How's your daughter?
My girlfriend's pregnant too, I'm 'bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'ma call her? I'ma name her Sky.

I read about your Rugby Union viewing figures, I'm sorry
I had a sport thats boring and tedious too once
I know you probably hear this every day, but I'm your biggest fan
I even got the underground stuff that you did with League 1 RL
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures, man
I like the stuff you did with Kyle Amor too, that stuff was phat
Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan, this is RLMAN...

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

Dear Sky, I wrote you, but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, damnit, what's been up, man? How's your daughter?
My girlfriend's pregnant too, I'm 'bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'ma call her? I'ma name her Sky.

I read about your Rugby Union viewing figures, I'm sorry
I had a sport thats boring and tedious too once
I know you probably hear this every day, but I'm your biggest fan
I even got the underground stuff that you did with League 1 RL
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures, man
I like the stuff you did with Kyle Amor too, that stuff was phat
Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan, this is RLMAN...

How strong was your coffee and will you ever sleep again?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Don't worry. It'll turn into one about Leigh soon I'm sure. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Can you all just put like on this comment so that SKY know it's what we want (and also I will be top of the daily leaderboard for likes) 

And no funny b****rs putting 'sad face' emoji on this 

Sky will never learn, same when they broadcast the NRL on Thursday and Friday mornings, I would wager most people will be at work and would record it, but there is always someone on the commentary who would blurt out the score on the SL games those evenings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, glossop saint said:

Don't worry. It'll turn into one about Leigh soon I'm sure. 

Oh, you've done it now! We told you before, don't mention Leigh 💪!  You know what happens when you mention them.💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

8 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Oh, you've done it now! We told you before, don't mention Leigh 💪!  You know what happens when you mention them.💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

What, Harry turns up in the next post? 🤣

The L word is the thing of childhood horror stories

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I feel like this is already establishing itself as one of the themes of 2024, heehee.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it....

yep- will wanna watch the souths game without knowing the score - prob fri tea time- so thats thurs sky match a no go area for me - tried to cancel sky but after watching seasons come and seasons go while on hold - will do it next month

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

26 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

yep- will wanna watch the souths game without knowing the score - prob fri tea time- so thats thurs sky match a no go area for me - tried to cancel sky but after watching seasons come and seasons go while on hold - will do it next month

To cancel Sky online, you can12:

• Call Sky at 03337590963.
  • Send an email to customer support at mysky@sky.uk. Include your name, address, postal code, and telephone number in the message.
  • Sign in to your account to use Sky’s messaging service or fill out an online contact form explaining that you want to cancel.
  • Access your account at sky.com/myaccount. Login with your email and password. Once logged in, select the "message centre" option. From the drop-down box, select "your contracts." The start and termination dates of your contract are now visible.
  • Contact Sky at 0800 151 2747 to request the end date of your contract.

There are other options than the call centre if you were not aware - hope this helps

• Like 2

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

WHO HAS THE TIME TO WATCH FULL MATCH REPLAYS OF SEVERAL MATCHES THAT HAVE ALREADY TAKEN PLACE?!

I do have a grudging admiration for those who have the discipline to be watching a game and actively avoid other scores from the same division, but that isn’t for me.

My much bigger bugbear is that nobody at Sky is condensing the non-feature game in to 15 minute highlights. I know this is available on iPlayer at some point, but we’ve already established in the other thread that press extra buttons other than the channel number is just a faff. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

you just get ignored along with the born and plastic Wigginer.

You are going to have to be more specific. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 hours ago, HawkMan said:

This happens not just on Sky , and not just RL. TNT give latest Champions league scores of other televised matches. Sky give out Premier league scores of Sunday  2pm matches while showing the featured match,  even though its possible to watch the  others later on catch up or highlights.

Sky would rather after the featured game the viewers stayed on the channel and watched what's on next rather than watching stuff we've recorded. There's no incentive for them to say, " watch another game chaps and chapesses, on us ,  don't watch our next great super dooper program." It's also possible that giving out other scores might be specified in the contract they have with SL. This would stop people doing exactly what people are asking for here, and encourage them to sign for SL+ to watch their team unfettered by the inconvenience of knowing the score.

Come August or whenever the choice will be , watch our featured 2 games and know the scores of the others or sign to SL+. Sky are simply not going to say, " we'll keep mum about the other scores and you can watch your recordings and don't bother with our silly SL steaming service."

Why d'you think the tv negotiations went on forever? If it was just about money the deal would have been done in 5 minutes. 

" here's 21 m."

" not enough "

" tough, take it or leave it."

" hmm, OK "

"nice doing business with you,  byee"

Every detail is hammered out, times, highlight packages and giving scores etc. To think otherwise is naive.

Remember the IMG factor, they are not mugs.

The difference there is Sky are only broadcasting one of those matches so are effectively benefiting from spoiling matches being shown by their competitors.

In the case of Super League the only broadcaster Sky are hurting is Sky.

On 12/03/2024 at 20:35, gingerjon said:

The latest score updates are excellent and a key part of Sky’s all game approach.

Sport is only live once.

So should we take it that you don’t bother with midweek NRL games as they took place when you were at work and unable to tune in at 11am to watch it.

13 minutes ago, arcticchris said:

The difference there is Sky are only broadcasting one of those matches so are effectively benefiting from spoiling matches being shown by their competitors.

In the case of Super League the only broadcaster Sky are hurting is Sky.

No, they're hurting or annoying RL fans, but don't care. Fans are there to be monetized that's all. Sky probably realise all this and wish they could bring SL+ August change forward!