Hardaker to Hull FC

Two year deal as well. Dan Tomlinson, who I assume to be Richie Myler's godson, is reporting that Leigh offered him a deal, but I would be amazed if he was offered more than one year. Pretty much the same scenario that led to him signing for Leigh in the first place.

Frankly, I wouldn't be too fussed if he made the move now. Wouldn't be too surprised either.

• Like 1

I can see the reasoning behind this to be fair.

He has more points than Hull FC right now.

• Haha 15
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

And you'll have him on a contract that lasts long enough to see him driving to work again

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Two year deal as well. Dan Tomlinson, who I assume to be Richie Myler's godson, is reporting that Leigh offered him a deal, but I would be amazed if he was offered more than one year. Pretty much the same scenario that led to him signing for Leigh in the first place.

Frankly, I wouldn't be too fussed if he made the move now. Wouldn't be too surprised either.

I would imagine any deal offered by Leigh would have been on vastly reduced terms. Think 2 years for a player declining as fast as him is madness to be honest. He’s been very poor this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I would imagine any deal offered by Leigh would have been on vastly reduced terms. Think 2 years for a player declining as fast as him is madness to be honest. He’s been very poor this year.

It is a strange one. I know Hull are wanting to bring more experience in, but with Briscoe already there to play on the wing, I'm not sure I'd be wanting to resurrect that centre / wing partnership again.

Maybe they'll move Hardaker into the second row?

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

Yeah, at one stage he was a very good player.  Not now.

I just hope we don’t lose any of this good kids coming through as a result.  I only know of his indescretions, not his mentoring skills but based on his history who would take him seriously?

• Like 1

Not happy at all about this. However, Myler is in charge and I can only hope he has method in his madness.

• Haha 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

30 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Not happy at all about this. However, Myler is in charge and I can only hope he has method in his madness.

He’s certainly got madness in his method.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

You won't when you see him play Rob, what he had is now in the limbo of forgotten events. 

Great news for Wakey, I just had a sneaking feeling we may have been interested. 

Looks like Myler is mopping up all the free journeymen and Hasbeens, I am getting to quite like the bloke

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

So far I've been ok with our recruitment. Asiata, Holmes and Briscoe are all decent signings, and the short term ones all made sense for one reason or another. We needed a few bodies to help support the youngsters who can't do it on their own.

This one I'm not happy about. I'm all for second chances and helping people with problems rather that kicking them to the curb. But this guy has got a rap sheet as long as your arm. And on the field he is half the player he was 5 years ago. I havent heard about any recent indesgretions so maybe he has grown up in recent years, I hope so, but either way I'm not thrilled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Yeah, at one stage he was a very good player.  Not now.

I just hope we don’t lose any of this good kids coming through as a result.  I only know of his indescretions, not his mentoring skills but based on his history who would take him seriously?

Agree on all of those points, mate, and am particularly concerned about the impact on the younger players. We've got a cracking young centre in Roman Dawson. I just don't see how this will aid his development in the way that bringing in a player like Tom Briscoe does.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

I know Degsy called them desperate last week, but, there's further proof of it.

We seem to be trying our hardest to prove him right.

As a mate of mine and Old Frightful's said yesterday, at this rate we'll be breathing new life into the John Woods rumours.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

21 minutes ago, MZH said:

So far I've been ok with our recruitment. Asiata, Holmes and Briscoe are all decent signings, and the short term ones all made sense for one reason or another. We needed a few bodies to help support the youngsters who can't do it on their own.

This one I'm not happy about. I'm all for second chances and helping people with problems rather that kicking them to the curb. But this guy has got a rap sheet as long as your arm. And on the field he is half the player he was 5 years ago. I havent heard about any recent indesgretions so maybe he has grown up in recent years, I hope so, but either way I'm not thrilled.

Me neither. Just do not see what benefits he brings. Rumour is we signed Ollie Holmes to give Hardaker a lift so he wont need the train

• Haha 2

I have to say, I am enjoying this season’s unexpected soap opera. Who needs the “excitement” of a relegation battle when you can have this instead? More twists and turns than Eastenders in the peak Den & Angie years. 

All it needs now is for Adam Pearson to buy out Derek’s caravan decking business for Hull FC to get the full set of Leigh assets. You heard it here first. 

1 hour ago, MZH said:

February was ages ago now! 🙂

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leigh-leopards-zak-hardaker-drinking-32127372

Feels such an underwhelming start to what you would hope would be a real overhaul of the whole club. Asiata feels like a bit of a gamble with his injuries, age and a chance he’s just going for the cash (although he doesn’t seem that type to be fair). Hardaker is pretty mind boggling as a signing for various reasons and then Holmes, Briscoe, Reynolds etc are pretty average.

I suppose they’ve been behind the curve if plans are only being formulated via Myler but I compare it to Wakey and the signings and rumours knocking about there and it’s chalk and cheese. The biggest challenge for Myler could end up being the likelihood of him being able to bin off duds like Okunbur and Pele, who are presumably on big contracts. Until the time they can do that, his hands will be tied a bit. 

From what I’m told, Leigh are trying to get the average age of the squad down and as I’d said on a previous post we paid “overs” on 2 year deals for some of these players when we gambled on promotion to attract them to she club, they have done the job they were brought to the club to do and unexpectedly won the Challenge Cup, the players over 30 have generally been offered 1 year extensions on reduced terms, apart from Asiata (2 years) Charnley, OBrien, and Hughes have all extended I believe with Hanley, Dwyer, Macintosh, Norman, Trout, Halton, Mulhern, ODonnell, Lam, Ipape, Davis and Moylan all 2 years + amongst some fringe players, Baxter, Brogan, Brand, Derbyshire Nisbett etc

Our new reserves are doing really well in their first season back and we should know by the end of May if the RfL have granted our Elite Academy Licence so we can start to bring some local talent through as a Grade A club. The women are also top Of their league

We have a big chunk of salary cap available and 3 quota spaces, 4 if Leutele doesn’t extend so things aren’t too bad at the minute with many of the players leaving generally expected to do so. Hopefully this rebuilding will help us kick on.