Excited for the new season?

Is anyone on here actually looking forward to this season?

All I see is doom and gloom. Bradford is overshadowing any chinks of positivity. Instead of wallowing in self-pity why don't we make an effort to big up our game?

I'm bored of all the hand-wringing. Can't wait for the season. Swinton have the first friendly against Oldham Sunday and it can't come soon enough. Really like the look of our team and the league is right open below Hull KR and London.

Plus Toronto coming in is exciting for everyone (except the flat cap brigade who are desperate to see them fail).

Bring on the season!

I am looking forward to it,albeit with much trepidation. I would love for leigh to avoid the 8's and get drawn into scrappy games against some tough championship teams we are all too familiar with and our opener against cas will be very hard,but let's see.

Very much looking forward to the new SL, NRL and Championship seasons.

Plenty to look forward to, despite the sad news from Odsal, and even that could be turned around.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can't wait. Some decent sport to watch for a change. I hope Toulouse and Toronto both do well. And I hope that my team's Million Pound game victory will put us on the path to greater things. And I hope that Bradford will come back better and stronger and that Cas take Sale for every penny that they can.

can't wait!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

12 hours ago, Colin James said:

Is anyone on here actually looking forward to this season?

All I see is doom and gloom. Bradford is overshadowing any chinks of positivity. Instead of wallowing in self-pity why don't we make an effort to big up our game?

I'm bored of all the hand-wringing. Can't wait for the season. Swinton have the first friendly against Oldham Sunday and it can't come soon enough. Really like the look of our team and the league is right open below Hull KR and London.

Plus Toronto coming in is exciting for everyone (except the flat cap brigade who are desperate to see them fail).

Bring on the season!

Couldn't agree more ..... BRING IT ON!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

As a RL follower I wish every team all the best, but especially Toronto, Toulouse, The Dragons, the Storm, the Warriors (NZ not Pie of course).

As a  supporter of my team I hope the coach continues to play any brand of rugby that wins games but adds some steel into our defence.;)

IMMENSELY looking forward to the 2017 season, mainly as the Super League looks a lot tougher competition for some more traditionally high flying clubs at the moment - and that opens up possibilities.

The main boost for me has been the rule changes - particularly the change to knocking the kicks dead, and the subsequent zero tackle if they do roll dead. This is a massive u-turn and will have a great effect on all matches. Teams will absolutely have to get their kicking game right - I can't wait.

IT will be fascinating to see how tough Leeds find it this season - and I hope whilst there is improvement they don't automatically find themselves back near the top. 

We need indications it's not a one off and teams have to play well to win it. Wigan were not at their best last season whilst holding other sides' creative flair back. That's not wholly as a criticism, as I admired the way they found a way to win through hard work, grit and determination - but our champions need to be better than that in 2017.

I'm hoping for (and predicting) a new champion in Castleford Tigers, and hoping for (but not expecting) Wigan to drop down the table. Sixth or below would help that feeling of anything could happen.

I'm also hoping for Toulouse to make the top four of the Championship and Bradford to make the starting line with big talk from some owners about the future, finishing with retaining the Shield to kick on for 2018.

I will be riding Leeds season differently for the first time since they struggled under Dean Bell, as every game feels like a tough game this year for the Rhinos - whilst improvement is imperative to avoid the qualifiers. Last season it was like watching a puppy on ice try to do the same things and expecting to suddenly be able to run.

Im also hoping for a Super League double win in the World Club series, which I feel is possible with our clubs, and their clubs involved, and for Toronto to capture the imagination of Canada by winning - but not by 100 points.

And I hope that Wayne Bennett can dumbfound us all by making it even more undeniable he is the best coach ever by guiding England to a World Cup win.

Here's hoping for a crazy year.

Predictions:

SL Champions: Castleford Tigers

Runners up: Wigan Warriors

League Leaders: Wigan Warriors

Challenge Cup Winners: Warrington Wolves

Super League Table:

1. Wigan, 2. Castleford, 3. Warrington, 4. St Helens, 5. Hull FC, 6. Leeds, 7. Salford, 8. Catalans, 9. Wakefield, 10. Widnes, 11. Leigh, 12. Huddersfield

Championship top four:

1. Hull KR, 2. London Broncos 3. Fev , 4. Toulouse

Qualifiers: London to replace Huddersfield.

Shield winners: Bradford

Yes I am looking forward to the new season very much. The Broncos are in a far better place than they were 24 months ago. I recieved a telephone call on my mobile reminding me about the game on Saturday against the Army (which London won) so the marketing has improved from where it was some years ago.

I hope we get promotion but stay at Trailfinders basically.

I hope Toulouse and Toronto both do well too.

Well Ben what a shame your wishes were followed by your predictions and although I think you may be largely correct in what you think will actually happen I'm rooting for your wishes to come true.

I think the ringing of a few changes would do all of us the world of good. And it might have the added bonus of bringing a few new threads to the forum, a definite win win win situation.

Can't wait and hope I'm never too jaundiced to enjoy the anticipation and the game itself.

I can't wait for it either.  Wakey seem to have recruited better than most (just behind Cas imo) so could have a tilt at the top 6. (equally this is Wakefield so could finish 2nd bottom and wouldn't be surprised)

From a wider view I think there are plenty of things are interesting to see this season..

Can Leeds & Hudds recover from last years disappointment?

Can Hull back up last year and cement their place at the top of the table?

Cas could have a great year looking at their squad, will they?

Leigh the first promoted side under the new 8's format

Toronto experiment kicks off in earnest.

There are loads more but these are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing.

From a purely Wakefield perspective, as nothing else matters to me. I love the close season.  Full of optimism and positive predictions.

Then the season kicks off and it's 8 months of pergatory, just looking forward to getting necessary survival points.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I can't wait! The kids are now at an age when I can arrange trips to watch the Broncos - been far too long. 

Wigan - Cronulla will be fabulous. Our back line could turn into a thrill a minute delight if we get manfredi back in good nick and Escare goes well enough to get Sam back to 7: champions with so many long term injuries - we'll take some beating! 

Most of all I am v v v excited about the World Cup - it is truly amazing to reflect on the extent to which they are spreading the game around the region - it will do wonders for NZRL and PNG. Counting the days to Perth!!! 

Am also still v excited about the prospects of the RLIF getting real power and its way on a proper world wide calendar... 

if we can't win the comp I would be delighted to see Wire as champions - they have done so much for our game and deserved more for being the best team last year, only to be ambushed by a team benefiting from a single focus. 

I'm looking forward to it as I always do. SL looks like it will be competitive this year and there could be four or five teams with a real chance of lifting the trophy at OT at the end of the year.

With regards to Hull KR it will be interesting to see what happens on the middle 8s. If we find things too easy in the championship then we could be undercooked when it comes to taking on the SL teams. I expect to at least get to the MPG and then who knows.

Despite the many negatives at the moment, I am looking forward to seeing and wishing Toronto and Toulouse go well both on and off the field. The game needs some positivity and I think with these 2 they can bring that to them in the local area as well as bring positivity to the game in general. Both have so much potential. I am hoping London go well and would love to see them finish top of the Championship. I doubt they are ready for SL though. Hopefully Sheffield and York can put the problems behind them. As for Bradford I hope they do not have a team in place for 2017 as I feel that you cant just throw a club together and do things properly in a couple of weeks. I would rather see them start in 2018 and have a proper time in building a new club under as little pressure as possible. 

Elsewhere I am really looking forward to seeing the game grow across the world. The recent events in Turkey, Bulgaria and the ever growing presence in South America have provided me with joy. The World Cup is I hope going to be another success. Hopefully my team Melbourne can go one step further this year in the NRL. I think looking worldwide we have much cause for optimism. The game maybe struggling for good news in England, but I think overall we are seeing the game grow in many lands and each year we are seeing and hearing some great stories on the games growth. Every time Tex Evans posts on here I get an injection of positivity and thank those who are getting out their and taking the game to new people. Hopefully these people across the world can get more support and help in time and we keep growing at a faster rate.

Yep, cant wait.

Still waiting for my team to get the main trophy.

Looking forward to Wire v Brisbane.

Excited to see what Leigh can do.

Will probably keep Premier so I can follow Toronto.

Interesting to keep an eye on Toulouse.

Even more variety this year, something I struggled with during the licensing years.

Archived