Jump to content

New Grounds.


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Marauder said:

The main problem I find with all seater stadiums is when the drunks go back to their seats after half-time, you can be up and down more than the knickers on a Kings Cross lady.

Yeah I hate sitting down especially when there’s no leg room, everyone at soccer games stands up anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Some soccer stadiums really are are horrendous for leg room, of course this is because when they were made all-seater they tried to cram as many seats in as possible. I haven't been to Elland Road before but will be going for the NZ game and have heard the leg room is pretty much none existent so a little worried for my knees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Do they still have those grassy banks at Australian grounds ? 

Only Adelaide has a grass bank now, the only other last year was Perth but that’s been replaced with the new Perth stadium. Only one end at Adelaide also

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Some soccer stadiums really are are horrendous for leg room, of course this is because when they were made all-seater they tried to cram as many seats in as possible. I haven't been to Elland Road before but will be going for the NZ game and have heard the leg room is pretty much none existent so a little worried for my knees. 

I physically can't sit in the Revie Stand at Elland Rd, unless I sit sideways which affects whoevers sat next to me.

I much prefer standing, it's annoying having to let someone past every 5 mins or a kid sat behind you kicking your chair. But I've got used to sitting at York and the new stadium will be all seater too so that's the way it is I guess. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Do you think standing areas like we have in the UK would be accepted in Australia or would you all rather sit? There’s a big debate over here about standing at soccer stadiums

I think that the only place where standing areas would be accepted would be the booze hill where some stand throughout the game,but other than that I don't think so. It isn't something would ever be considered for new stadiums in Australia which is why I thought the new Leeds stand was interesting as it has the large standing area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Omott91 said:

I think that the only place where standing areas would be accepted would be the booze hill where some stand throughout the game,but other than that I don't think so. It isn't something would ever be considered for new stadiums in Australia which is why I thought the new Leeds stand was interesting as it has the large standing area.

I think because of the tradition of atmosphere in the South stand at Headingley and the fans who stand there influenced the club to keep a standing area and the Northstand losing Capacity to the cricket the corporate accommodation the club had to move seats to the Southstand . It will be interesting if the SS keeps it atmosphere when it's finished ,if it loses it the southstanders may move to the standing area of the Carnegie just like Leeds United Kopites in the Revie stand moved to the other end they are all in seats but they all stand 

 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time for Wigan to insist that rail seats are installed in at least one end of their ground - soccer team can use them to sit and convert them for standing for the Rugby. May just attract a few fans back and make the atmosphere better as well. You can also say the same for the likes off Hudds and Hull FC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I physically can't sit in the Revie Stand at Elland Rd, unless I sit sideways which affects whoevers sat next to me.

I much prefer standing, it's annoying having to let someone past every 5 mins or a kid sat behind you kicking your chair. But I've got used to sitting at York and the new stadium will be all seater too so that's the way it is I guess. 

I believe York's stadium being 'future proofed' for the possibility of rail seating/safe standing in years to come though. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Time for Wigan to insist that rail seats are installed in at least one end of their ground - soccer team can use them to sit and convert them for standing for the Rugby. May just attract a few fans back and make the atmosphere better as well. You can also say the same for the likes off Hudds and Hull FC.

DW is my least favourite ground to go to, it feels so soulless and empty. 

Shrewsbury Town (play in League One or Div. 3) have installed rail seating at their stadium as all seater stadiums only apply to the top 2 divisions but i see no reason why they can’t install rail seating at Wigan and have standing for rugby and seats for football

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually quite like the DW, it has a really steep rake and the atmosphere is kept in well. Obviously it helps if there are a decent number in but the Kangaroo tests there in the early years of this century generated incredible amounts of noise.

I guess the Halton, John Smith's and KC have similar challenges. I find the first two just depressing for regular league games and Hull since they shut the away end is not what it was. OTOH for big games they scrub up well. The various cup semis at McAlpine in late 90s/early 00s were excellent.

I think the main thing is getting crowds in or having stadia sized appropriately to the club. If only Hudds had managed to land a 12k stadium with a bit of standing. It would change a huge chunk of people's perceptions about the club and I imagine would generate larger crowds because the current place is just too big to be enjoyable at times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I physically can't sit in the Revie Stand at Elland Rd, unless I sit sideways which affects whoevers sat next to me.

I much prefer standing, it's annoying having to let someone past every 5 mins or a kid sat behind you kicking your chair. But I've got used to sitting at York and the new stadium will be all seater too so that's the way it is I guess. 

Not just the Revie stand, the East stand is also horrendous and unbearable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Not just the Revie stand, the East stand is also horrendous and unbearable 

I think the upper tier is ok but the lower one just inherited the line of the old terrace. NE corner used to be my preferred option before I realised soccer is actually quite tedious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone's posted the latest on the Wakefield ground saga.It seems the developers are trying to get even more buildings on the Newmarket site without it counting towards the trigger point for the stadium. 

I know there are those who think Trinity (& Cas?) have had long enough to sort out their stadium situation are a even accused of lying about their plans, but the plain truth is, if you don't have the support of your local planning authority, no-one can build a stadium. Wakefield are not benefiting from having a 'not fit for purpose' stadium, in fact, central funding is withheld and the effect on crowd numbers and corporate income is huge. Clearly, the club and trust are doing all they can to solve the problem, but if there is no political will from the council, nothing will happen. Has any sports club built a stadium without the support (including non-financial) of their local council? 

At least a legal challenge is back on the table. Deadline for objections is now 29th September.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2018 at 12:34 PM, Gav Wilson said:

I believe York's stadium being 'future proofed' for the possibility of rail seating/safe standing in years to come though. :) 

I hope that Cinema at the south end is well sound proofed , can just imagine peeps watching a horror film and BANG one of Connors kicks hits the wall.?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, M j M said:

And from Instagram, inside the new South Stand. Very breezeblocky. . .  (from https://www.instagram.com/leedsrhinos/ )

 

42878526_186967498864737_920534433046538

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I presume these are for away supporters as I have never seen a lady in Leeds

  • Like 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's the latest on Wakefield? From what I can work out they're not happy about something happening at the new development.

I'm assuming they don't know for sure where they'll be playing next season yet. (Most likely still at Belle Vue but wasn't the plan to move out this year for it to be redeveloped?)

Edited by fevtom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

What's the latest on Wakefield? From what I can work out they're not happy about something happening at the new development.

I'm assuming they don't know for sure where they'll be playing next season yet. (Most likely still at Belle Vue but wasn't the plan to move out this year for it to be redeveloped?)

Haven’t heard anything else about Wakefield. Wasn’t there another issue about funding? 

When are Cas meant to be getting their new ground? Driven past it a few times in the past 6 months and nothing’s changed apart from a few containers and flags put up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

What's the latest on Wakefield? From what I can work out they're not happy about something happening at the new development.

I'm assuming they don't know for sure where they'll be playing next season yet. (Most likely still at Belle Vue but wasn't the plan to move out this year for it to be redeveloped?)

Read previous post page 10 from wholly trinity. Letter from mp to council tells you all.

Developer refusing to build anything or give a penny and he has put two fingers up to council .

No stadium best thing wakey can do is leave city and try to remand in another location. By the way,that will not be Fev

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

What's the latest on Wakefield? From what I can work out they're not happy about something happening at the new development.

I'm assuming they don't know for sure where they'll be playing next season yet. (Most likely still at Belle Vue but wasn't the plan to move out this year for it to be redeveloped?)

Council inept or corrupt in letting a company with close working relationship to the council make millions from land that only got planning due to community stadium.  

Up the Trin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...