10 Nov: France v Scotland KO 5pm (BBC Online)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/11/18 at 17:00

Well I think the French have displayed just how weak they are in depth, considering that probably half of this team on display today will be the best they can turn out, the 3 games they have played against what should be easy opposition for full time players against some old journey men, amatuers and students, they have been anything but impressive, quite dour in fact.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well I think the French have displayed just how weak they are in depth, considering that probably half of this team on display today will be the best they can turn out, the 3 games they have played against what should be easy opposition for full time players against some old journey men, amatuers and students, they have been anything but impressive, quite dour in fact.

They have a long way to go to be nearly as dour as your posts on the subject.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

One way to look at it is Latin teams are not like Anglo teams, won't go do much more than they need to do to win. Hence the display here. Many of the players I would think just wanted to get the game done and have some off season. 4 games post season for them is more than most.... 

France don't have much depth however this autumn they have done well. Credit to them and hopefully they can push on a bit to the world cup. 

5 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

One way to look at it is Latin teams are not like Anglo teams, won't go do much more than they need to do to win. Hence the display here. Many of the players I would think just wanted to get the game done and have some off season. 4 games post season for them is more than most.... 

France don't have much depth however this autumn they have done well. Credit to them and hopefully they can push on a bit to the world cup. 

Which French players in the series impressed you? 

13 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Which French players in the series impressed you? 

Gigot showed leadership. Escare was dynamic in places. Fages was solid. The SL creative players did their jobs well. Da Costa looks a SL level hooker and is gaining smarts with experience. 

The others some very solid performances but those 4 I feel made a difference in scoring in particular. 

Don't get the negativity they not won an euro since 2005. Crowd wise maybe 7 thousand better than last, no doubt city still spiritual home of code but these days pernignan, toulouse, avignon and albi would prob draw better crowds. 

The best was gigot by far he there one world class player. I believe he should to at 6 as he plays like one anyway and utilize escare better at fullback. Imo v scots and Ireland they where coasting. 

Not sure there program next season as now tours are talk. Maybe they could take on png or tonga at home. I think there good chance to get out of there pool for wc as i would imagine be in lower ranked pool. 

Have to remember garcia, bousquet, maria we unavilable and pelissier still trying to get back in fold. Not sure if springer and Nzoungou are in mix. 

Miloudi crabbed across field in centres and da costa was impressive at 9 while marcon was good on the flank.

Here how i run come world cup time 

Escare, marcon, ader, miloudi, maugeritte, gigot, fages, bousquet, da costa, Navarrete, julian, garica, goudmand. 

Bench - pelissier, baiteri, maria, belmas.

Not sure on staus of simon believe he retired 

I’d guess around 3,000 crowd. Soeaking to the Scottish lads they pretty pleased with themselves for putting up such stern opposition. When you think it was 4 tries to 2 it was an even better performance. 

If you took Escare out they were evenly matched. Very dissapointing by France and whilst I am usually a fan of taking the two on last nights overall French performance I thought it typified their unambitious play throughout. 

Thought the young ref had a decent game.  

14 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That doesn't describe any of the teams France have faced in the Euros. Yet another person who doesn't seem to realise that the international teams of Ireland, Scotland and Wales are not representative of their domestic strength.

You seem to have a weird bee in your bonnet about anything French in RL Harry. Were you at Waterloo?

Well after Scotland (2014) and Wales (2015) France will be pleased taking the spoils at last. Gigot MOTM against Wales and now Escare against Scotland. France haven't had players like this in a long time and what they produced throughout 2018 for both club and country indicate that.

Disappointed about last nights performance but they were never in danger of losing any of the European games. For the likes of Goudemand and Jullien et al playing at Bolton v Saints and at Wembley was amazing. Would have been hugely underwhelmed in Dublin last week end.The Latinos say you need music to make a dance and a crowd for football to come alive.

The best 40 minutes was at Leigh second half. Won't take the idea that Bennet's team put the cue back on the rack either. Not when Graham and Burgess returned to the fray. More at  last nights match by some. Interestingly the crowd figure reported in 1978 at Domec for the Kangaroos visit was 3500. Probably about the same I would guess here. But the treizistes know their football as the Dragons story shows. Playing England twice a year home and away as they did between 1950-1990 is one way to grow the Tricolores brand. When will the national team be a match for Catalans Dragons?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

Disappointed about last nights performance but they were never in danger of losing any of the European games. ....

The best 40 minutes was at Leigh second half. Won't take the idea that Bennet's team put the cue back on the rack either. Not when Graham and Burgess returned to the fray. More at  last nights match by some. Interestingly the crowd figure reported in 1978 at Domec for the Kangaroos visit was 3500. Probably about the same I would guess here. But the treizistes know their football as the Dragons story shows. Playing England twice a year home and away as they did between 1950-1990 is one way to grow the Tricolores brand. When will the national team be a match for Catalans Dragons?

To me the French side looked a bit tired after a long season and so did enough to win. Winning  Group A and qualification to the WC is what they set out to achieve.

England want a 2019 mid season test against a SH side but that is unlikely. In that case France is the obvious replacement. If the RFL is serious about the international game and helping NH RL, then it has to happen. It should be played in France too, or Toronto. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, RayCee said:

To me the French side looked a bit tired after a long season and so did enough to win. Winning  Group A and qualification to the WC is what they set out to achieve.

England want a 2019 mid season test against a SH side but that is unlikely. In that case France is the obvious replacement. If the RFL is serious about the international game and helping NH RL, then it has to happen. It should be played in France too, or Toronto. 

Agree! Pick a England team just from SL players and play in France or try Toronto for the game. 

Archived