Golden Point

Chris22

If the scores are equal going into last 10 we tend to get drop goals which added to the golden point means more time having to put up with drop goal efforts. They are not entertaining, for me.

Seems we seem to be going against traditional, the try focus of our game being important and for which the game changed the points system to ensure the try focus. Now seeing drop goals being made more important than they use to be.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy to see the back of free plays because Wakey were ###### at exploiting them.

If we need a golden point then who better than Broughy?

New time wasting rules only really handicap St Helens. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

whats golden about it? and if a team scores something other than a drop goal then isn't it golden points, how can a point that you cant hold touch or see be classed as golden? its not like the golden tickets found in Wonka bars that you could physically hold up in amazement and wow at the goldenness as you bask in the glory of been a winner.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

The problem with restarting scrums is the fake injuries...how will this be reffed?

The Golden Point is unfair if decided on first set such that one team doesn't get a "go". Also what if a strong wind favouring one side in first extra time. We like the rare draws!

Restarting goal line dropouts quickly will stop teams throwing the ball away,suddenly becoming unable to catch etc. Although I would prefer firm action by the Ref...sin binning for unprofessional conduct. And fake injuries.

3 hours ago, Bearman said:

Yes, but the free play rule might cause some confusion.

Do you think we’ll have a bit of a tantrum if a Championship team beats a SL side with a score off a free play that the SL side weren’t expecting? Does anyone know what the punishments are for exceeding the shot clock times? 

rldfsignature.jpg

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Do you think we’ll have a bit of a tantrum if a Championship team beats a SL side with a score off a free play that the SL side weren’t expecting? Does anyone know what the punishments are for exceeding the shot clock times? 

It’s a penalty in the NRL but half the time if a siren goes they ignore it 

Some of these I see as good changes, especially the shot clocks ,just need the officials to apply the law's. The GP as a wire I have seen plenty of frantic finishes in three weeks we were level with 90 seconds remaining, lost two drew one all felt like losses ,I see more teams slotting over a one pointer earlier in games.

the 100 second for a goal kick is a strange one. Generally speaking most kickers take around 60 seconds at the least and on difficult kicks its well over that. I wonder what happens if a kicker lining himself up for a difficult shot gets to around 70/75 seconds just taking his run up and the wind blows the ball over, is the clock going to be stopped while he re sets the kick ?

So this only applies to Super League,and the 2 things Mr Elstone has been instrumental in changing,for the benefit of Super League clubs,are - 1)  Magic Weekend moving to Liverpool

2)   Golden Point extra time in games which end with both sides drawing.

The other code must be quaking....Hull FC fans are happy,though.Oh! They're not.Never mind,eh.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

9 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

So this only applies to Super League,and the 2 things Mr Elstone has been instrumental in changing,for the benefit of Super League clubs,are - 1)  Magic Weekend moving to Liverpool

2)   Golden Point extra time in games which end with both sides drawing.

The other code must be quaking....Hull FC fans are happy,though.Oh! They're not.Never mind,eh.

I am interested to see how the season starts. The season launch, the promotion, the sponsorship deals that we see most years - this will be an early indicator of whether things may change. 

21 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I am interested to see how the season starts. The season launch, the promotion, the sponsorship deals that we see most years - this will be an early indicator of whether things may change. 

Probably on a Thursday ? 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:36 PM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Will just be Super League I imagine. Given the whole thing about them appointing Elstone, this doesn’t sound like a game wide move. 

How hard is it to have one set of rules/laws?, we now seem to have

NRL

Super League

Championship/League One

International

I wonder which set of rules the Challenge Cup will adopt? Or will that be other set ?

19 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Some of these I see as good changes, especially the shot clocks ,just need the officials to apply the law's. The GP as a wire I have seen plenty of frantic finishes in three weeks we were level with 90 seconds remaining, lost two drew one all felt like losses ,I see more teams slotting over a one pointer earlier in games.

Yes ... make sure of not drawing by scoring when you have the chance.  Of course this suits both sides.  Has there been any effect on the game in the NRL?

At the moment I do not see the point (no pun intended) of it. 

I wonder if it is better or worse to say the DG should be inside or outside the 20m line?

However, I would prefer that yes, the first DG counts in extra time, but otherwise the highest score wins at end of time.

Archived