Obituary Thread

57 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

So shocked and saddened by this as I read an article on a British newspaper site a few weeks ago when he was talking about his relationship with Stan Bowles so it appeared that he was well.

I'd forgotten that he almost signed for Liverpool under Shankley (failed medical). Would have been interesting to see how that would have turned out. 

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

6 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Frank Worthington, 72 after a long illness

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56495453

A star on the pitch. Some urban legend sories about his off pitch activity in the Leicester student area . I am sure his biography is titled One hump or two.... 

8 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I disagree

you wouldn’t remember a thing

Shadow does make a very valid point.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

actor paul ritter 54- the dad in friday night dinner

Very sad. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

RIP The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I heard the news during the ABC commentary on Penrith v Canberra.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I met him a couple of times in the 80's. One of the occasions I was with Shaun Edwards ( ME! Namedropper? Never)

I remember being impressed when told that he had attended about 7 Duke of Edinburgh Award ceremonies a year for 35 years and had never cried off once.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I heard the news during the ABC commentary on Penrith v Canberra.

On Sky here they put a banner across the bottom saying 'turn on Sky News for some important breaking news.'

Never seen that before. 

7 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

On Sky here they put a banner across the bottom saying 'turn on Sky News for some important breaking news.'

Never seen that before. 

A quick scan through the freeview channels the same (BBC led) message was on Dave and CBeebies of all places.

• Haha 1