costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

20 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

May be the process of getting involved did start earlier. However what we now know is that he has obviously seen or found out something to make him pull out.

We shall all have to draw our own conclusions till more is revealed. 

I hear that he was told it had to be agreed by October 31st or there would be no deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, cookey said:

The usual silence from Rimmer.

Oppourtunity for Newcastle Thunder?

What would you expect the RFL to comment upon and to what end? A possible commercial transaction is underway, nothing more. Just because the fans don't know the details and think that they should is no proper reason for RFL comment.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Gossip is Perez is going to be the next front man at the Bulls.

Handy for Parkys comments.

Maybe Wood involved too.  Plot thickens.

Edited by Lowdesert

7 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Handy for Parkys comments.

THAT'S IT!!!!! ?

I'd wondered what the point of everything going at the Bulls was - and now we know ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

THAT'S IT!!!!! ?

I'd wondered what the point of everything going at the Bulls was - and now we know ?

Is there a meeting tonight Paul regarding Bradford?

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Is there a meeting tonight Paul regarding Bradford?

There's a fans forum at 'our' ground i.e Dewsbury

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I wonder if you have an answer to that question EW, or was it rhetorical.

Because I honestly have no answer. I didn't understand it back then, and I still don't. We were sold the 'iconic stadium' line, and told that it was to prevent the stadium being developed. Frankly it would have been better if that had happened. We could presumably have gone back to Valley Parade at that stage. Or found somewhere else. Or just gone out of business there and then. Because everything that has happened since has been a total disaster...

The common thread in that story of disaster has been the RFL. They have presided over a series of owners who were incompetent or just flat out fraudulent, all selected and/or approved by the RFL as 'fit and proper persons'.

So instead of turning your ire on 'the club' (which has actually been four or five completely separate entities in that period) why not ask some hard questions of the people who have made all those decisions

The common thread has been outs exceeding ins at Bradford. Nothing else is significant. Of course, if it makes Bulls feel better to blame the RFL, then they should go ahead. Seems a waste of energy to me - it’s not even as if these are complex businesses to get a grip on. Bradford’s story is one of repeated staggering ineptitude by “management” - though I suppose there may be some asset stripping and back handers in there as well. 

• Like 3

On 17/10/2019 at 20:22, Blind side johnny said:

Hmmm, have you read and believed all of his articles?

No I haven’t believed them all but the whole thing stinks. David Thorne had a perfectly good bid, promised to keep the whole squad together (which for me would have beaten KR to super league) and promised a future. Garry Pettit the administrator recommended his bid to the RFL who turned it down.

chev walker tweeted he’s never met anyone either at the club or wanting to be involved at the club as professional as him.

thorne said working with the RFL was worse than with the RFU and couldn’t believe their actions. He wanted the Odsal lease back too could that have have an affect on their decision to hand the club to chalmers? Draw your own theories

On 21/10/2019 at 14:40, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Things have moved on since you moved on, you're wide of the mark everywhere. For someone with no interest you sure have a lot of baloney to say.

He’s spot on with all his comments. Again you never answered ask Hamilton which club have given yours the most on away days.

your vindictive posting against the club is awful. Obviously not a fan of the game just your own little club by wanting the things you are saying. You must have lost out personally through the admins, and if not it’s a real head scratcher your views and to be fair down right ignorant to what the bulls have given to championship and league one clubs these last 3 years

• Haha 1

Just when you thought the Bradford saga couldn’t have any more twists up pops Eric Perez as the new Bulls chairman. Bizarre on toast with a dollop of bewilder sauce. 

So many questions!

Edited by Man of Kent

15 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Just when you thought the Bradford saga couldn’t have any more twists up pops Eric Perez as the new Bulls chairman. Bizarre on toast with a dollop of bewilder sauce. 

So many questions!

Big Nige owner!

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

The common thread has been outs exceeding ins at Bradford. Nothing else is significant. Of course, if it makes Bulls feel better to blame the RFL, then they should go ahead. Seems a waste of energy to me - it’s not even as if these are complex businesses to get a grip on. Bradford’s story is one of repeated staggering ineptitude by “management” - though I suppose there may be some asset stripping and back handers in there as well. 

The point is that the 'repeated staggering ineptitude by management' is about management who were hand-picked by the RFL

It's not about 'blaming', so much as trying to understand how the RFL can be repeatedly so useless at appointing people.

Just shows what a farce RL is when a person can have shares in atleast 2 different club. Whats to stop a person paying off or calling in a favour so one club beats anothr club. Just wrong in my oinion.

Perez apparently going to be Chairman for around 6 months. Dewsbury boss Mrk Sawyer having up to 25% interest in the Bulls. The best bit though is "Mark Sawyer read out statement from 'family of Nigel Wood' who will be a shareholder without getting "involved with day to day running" of club. Wants to bring Bulls back to Bradford." The Charlatan of Rugby League that ruined Fax and was likely involved in some of the awful decisions made by the RFL regarding the Bulls & Odsal.  Do Bradford fans really want a charactor like Wood involved? Sawyer also saying" He says he’s “willing to put his neck on the line” to keep Bradford going." What about Dewsbury? Is Sawyer using Dewsbury to help Bradford or the other way round? Just all sounds very dodgy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is just bizarre. I fail to see how Perez being involved is not a conflict of interest. Whether Ottawa are active as a club or not they are supposed to join next season and will surely soon start preparing. There's also the list of investors with numerous conflicts of interest. How the RFL sanctioned this is just strange. I do hope it's good news for the Bulls but call me a sceptic. 

• Like 1

The whole thing is weird and feels wrong somehow

Our club is now in the hands of

Mark Sawyer - the chairman of a club who will likely be our relegation rivals next season.

Eric Perez - no money, but plans to bring in some - whilst also starting another club in Canada. Only around for a few months on an 'interim' basis

Nigel Wood - complicit in awful decisions about the Bulls in the past. Won't be involved 'day to day'. Unclear motives.

If you put a gun to my head and ask me who is going to be running the Bulls in 6 months time, I'd have no answer...

• Like 2

Think of it like this once Big Nige got 'publicly' involved there was no way  the RFL wasn't going to give them  the all clear, as Agbrigg said there's too many skeletons rattling around the RFLs cupboard  for the Bull's to be cut loose, who else might have their finger in a decidedly whiffy pie?

Bradford want a DR  and will run a reserve side...that may well be what Perez is doing there. Links with Noble and Toronto???

• Sad 1

See there was a mention of some £100k in a lottery account from before OK's days. Not sure if they were implying that that would be available to them if they can unlock the account, but not sure how, as BB (2017) is a completely different entity? I'd also expect the Receiver from that time might be interested never mind potential involvement of the Gambling Commission.