costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

Have I missed something but how is the CEO of the governing body of International Rugby League allowed to have a stake in the running of one of the clubs? it seems utterly bizarre. 

Surely if you are in a position of power within the sport (no jokes about how toothless the IRL is etc) you should not also have a vested interest in how one of the clubs of that sport is treated. It opens up for favouritism (IRL scratching the back of the RFL so that the RFL are kind to the Bulls), conflicts of interest and all sorts of other shady conspiracies to be thrown around. Even if not true the perception is not great and we all know perception can be more important than the truth in this world.

What a strange old sport we are!!!

We're already the darlings of the governing body don'tcha know.  Have been for years. ?        'The People's Team'

• Haha 1

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Rose tinted glasses? You must be joking!

I've been watching this ongoing calamity unfold, not as some disconnected bystander, or a journalist, but as a Bradfordian and a season ticket holder. I've paid to watch this rubbish!!

I've heard every tinpot fantasy solution proposed on here at least a hundred times now. It gets boring listening to people claiming simple solutions exist, that can be knocked off in a forum post, when they don't.

I don't report on this story at all, so no vested interests from me. My colleagues at LPL, who are not Bradford fans, have it well covered.

One thing no journalist will ever find, not even Woodward and Bernstein, is a magic wand to conjure up some painless solution to the chaos at Bradford Bulls.

I hope this comes across as genuine when I say the point I've been trying to make is that it doesn't have to be like that for anyone.

A disgruntled customer doesn't have to stay, a disgruntled customer *can* walk away.

• Like 1

Just now, Konkrete said:

We're already the darlings of the governing body don'tcha know.  Have been for years. ?        'The People's Team'

if you are their darlings then god help the rest of us ? :kolobok_shok: :kolobok_suicide:

3 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

I hope this comes across as genuine when I say the point I've been trying to make is that it doesn't have to be like that for anyone.

A disgruntled customer doesn't have to stay, a disgruntled customer *can* walk away.

Yeah I know.

Everyone is different and will have their own reasons for still going, or staying away.

Each to their own.

39 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Rose tinted glasses? You must be joking!

I've been watching this ongoing calamity unfold, not as some disconnected bystander, or a journalist, but as a Bradfordian and a season ticket holder. I've paid to watch this rubbish!!

I've heard every tinpot fantasy solution proposed on here at least a hundred times now. It gets boring listening to people claiming simple solutions exist, that can be knocked off in a forum post, when they don't.

I don't report on this story at all, so no vested interests from me. My colleagues at LPL, who are not Bradford fans, have it well covered.

One thing no journalist will ever find, not even Woodward and Bernstein, is a magic wand to conjure up some painless solution to the chaos at Bradford Bulls.

I hope they finally get this worked out properly once and for all and then move on into a bright future.....you have been through alot, as have all of the loyal Bradford fans,....this needs to be properly finished now.

Time to end this soap opera (and I only started watching a few seasons ago!).

Good Luck to Bradford.

You were all told Bradford were going to be in S.L. There you ( H.K.R/Bulls ) in S.L.You amaze me John why you waste your time answering the keyboard know alls who actually know nothing.

3 hours ago, RP London said:

Have I missed something but how is the CEO of the governing body of International Rugby League allowed to have a stake in the running of one of the clubs? it seems utterly bizarre. 

Surely if you are in a position of power within the sport (no jokes about how toothless the IRL is etc) you should not also have a vested interest in how one of the clubs of that sport is treated. It opens up for favouritism (IRL scratching the back of the RFL so that the RFL are kind to the Bulls), conflicts of interest and all sorts of other shady conspiracies to be thrown around. Even if not true the perception is not great and we all know perception can be more important than the truth in this world.

What a strange old sport we are!!!

Never mind the man at the top, how can someone be negotiating and agreeing budgets for a club with the sport's governing body be not classed as a Person of Influence at said club?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Never mind the man at the top, how can someone be negotiating and agreeing budgets for a club with the sport's governing body be not classed as a Person of Influence at said club?

well yes there is that too!! 

no matter how you look at it this does not sit right.. 

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

You were all told Bradford were going to be in S.L. There you ( H.K.R/Bulls ) in S.L.You amaze me John why you waste your time answering the keyboard know alls who actually know nothing.

All part of the service. ?

6 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

I can imagine the furore on here if they return to Bradford next year on a year long loan.

Or if they were to be DRd to HKR's partners who just happen to be ........ Dewsbury Rams.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Or if they were to be DRd to HKR's partners who just happen to be ........ Dewsbury Rams.

Exactly, if those players end up being Dual-Reg'd back to Dewsbury it will yet another shady 'conflict of interest', given that Mark Sawyer is involved in the current 'fire sale'

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Exactly, if those players end up being Dual-Reg'd back to Dewsbury it will yet another shady 'conflict of interest', given that Mark Sawyer is involved in the current 'fire sale'

Whole can of worms opened by allowing Sawyer to have this dual role.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

I never mentioned D/R, I said loaned which is not beyond a possibility

No, but HKR are DRd with Dewsbury, the chairman of which has just bought a stake in the Bulls and is helping them to 'cut their cloth'. No potential conflict of interest there at all?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

Just seen that Ross Oakes has signed a 2 year full-time contract.Surely in Bradfords current situation they should be looking to consolidate as a part-time club.

They never learn.

• Like 1

We have just signed 5 of Bradford's players for a substantial transfer fee, believed to be in the region of £100k.

The players are half-backs Joe Keyes and Rowan Milnes, back-rowers Elliot Minchella and Matthew Storton and prop-forward Anesu Mudoti, who have all signed three-year deals with Rovers from the 2020 campaign.

15 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

We have just signed 5 of Bradford's players for a substantial transfer fee, believed to be in the region of £100k.

The players are half-backs Joe Keyes and Rowan Milnes, back-rowers Elliot Minchella and Matthew Storton and prop-forward Anesu Mudoti, who have all signed three-year deals with Rovers from the 2020 campaign.

Look after them.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Because Les Tonks was complaining about Sawyer with Dewsbury and Bradford, Nothing at all against York Gav. But Les Tonks seem to have a big problem with Bradford. Seems like they could owe him some money,or probably not.

Struggling to see how suggesting that HKR may DR players to their partner is being anti-Bradfird, but each to their own.... 

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Give me a billion and I'll make a reality of a club anywhere in the world 

Give me a billion and I would buy you Rochdale Hornet's and keep the other £ 999,999,999 for myself????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1