Total Rugby League Fans Forum
costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

17 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

https://www.totalrl.com/former-wakefield-director-chris-brereton-heading-consortium-taking-over-bradford/

Sounds like it's Brereton - yet again, another guy with no real financial muscle in the endless revolving door of RFL approved owners...

A quiet piece of business completed behind the scenes with due diligence completed.Impressive,if it was initiated by Chalmers.

What interests me is the question of whether or not Brereton was at Wakey,with Carter,when Carter apparently expressed an interest in Odsal?

Koukash is the property investor - and has been invited to improve Warrington town centre.

If Chalmers needed/wanted investment - why not invite,openly,to a larger market?

Sympathies to all Bradford Bulls supporters.Not an easy few years you have had to endure...

Born - didn't ask. Dying - didn't argue                                 

I like Chris . He may not have the money to chuck into a bottomless pit but he is no mug,will run a tight ship. Also would be interesting to find out who his partners are. I am also certain he will be a massive improvement on some of the recent people involved at the bulls.

30 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Bradford need to start again with no baggage IMHO. Odsal is a dump that would be a millstone around the club. The money needed just to keep Odsal open is ridiculous and a waste of money. Bradford must find a suitable place within the city to play ASAP. Chambers and Co alongside the RFL have allowed this farce to go on for far too long. My fear is what skeletons has chambers and co in the Cupboard for the new investors? Theres talk of big debts etc. Not sure Bradford can properly move on and have everybody on board with things. There is still so much of a mess left to clear up even if Chambers and co disappear. Money cant repair alot of the damage done. Maybe its best if the Club was shut down and a new club wiith new name and NO ties to the past is setup.

Their accounts for year ending Jan 2019 are due out this month. From memory debts as of Jan 2018 were around £600k. How much they went up (or less likely down) will give an idea of what level they're currently at a year later.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

I like Chris . He may not have the money to chuck into a bottomless pit but he is no mug,will run a tight ship. Also would be interesting to find out who his partners are. I am also certain he will be a massive improvement on some of the recent people involved at the bulls.

Why did he leave Wakey, Aggy?

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

Why did he leave Wakey, Aggy?

It takes some people longer than others. I left the moment I hit 20 😄 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

That's all we need tbh, though I do hope it's not another RFl stitch up keep their income from Odsal.

• Sad 1

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

A quiet piece of business completed behind the scenes with due diligence completed.Impressive,if it was initiated by Chalmers.

What interests me is the question of whether or not Brereton was at Wakey,with Carter,when Carter apparently expressed an interest in Odsal?

Koukash is the property investor - and has been invited to improve Warrington town centre.

If Chalmers needed/wanted investment - why not invite,openly,to a larger market?

Sympathies to all Bradford Bulls supporters.Not an easy few years you have had to endure...

I....... must.......resist.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Northern Eel said:

I....... must.......resist.....

Being more accurate - improve just a site in the town centre.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/17892700.ex-salford-red-devils-boss-marwan-koukash-transform-town-centre-site/

I get the impression the journalists have more information about Bradford Bulls,but will only release that information at the correct time.

Could be a week ahead for lots of rugby league information and a Grand Final to hold a lot of interest. 

14 hours ago, Bulliac said:

That's all we need tbh, though I do hope it's not another RFl stitch up keep their income from Odsal.

Yes, of course, it will be the RFL at fault once more. Why didn't I realise this.

I can't see them lifting the special measures restrictions anytime soon, given the reported debts, and LE claims that their central distribution money will be reduced, also because of these debts.

I hope that Dewsbury get cash up front.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Are we contractually bound to play at Dewsbury?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I would've thought so, simply to get permission from the RFL to play there if nothing else.

I would have thought that the Bulls would get permission from the RFL first, in case they said 'No'.  Otherwise, they could have a contractual (and hence financial) obligation for something that they couldn't carry out in practice.

17 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I would have thought that the Bulls would get permission from the RFL first, in case they said 'No'.  Otherwise, they could have a contractual (and hence financial) obligation for something that they couldn't carry out in practice.

If there's no contract they haven't got a ground to play at and hence can't get permission to play at what would effectively be a non existent entity. The contract could of course be subject to only becoming valid if approval is given, which it has. 

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Are we contractually bound to play at Dewsbury?

If contracts have been signed then, yes. If not then, no.

The share ownership has no effect upon contracts entered into by the company.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, of course, it will be the RFL at fault once more. Why didn't I realise this.

I can't see them lifting the special measures restrictions anytime soon, given the reported debts, and LE claims that their central distribution money will be reduced, also because of these debts.

Maybe you didn't see because they came in from your 'blindside', Johnny? Unfortunately we've had too much of their "help", so will blame first and check afterwards.

However, I thank you for your kind words and  understanding at this time. Whatever mess we are in I too hope it doesn't impact on Dewsbury and to be honest see no reason why it should.

• Haha 1

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I still don't see how anybody is going to make it pay playing out of Odsal, only having the stand and the hospitality area open will still require maintenance costs on top of the exorbitant rent. The Dewsbury share can only be at most 2 seasons before it kills the club off and the chance's of a new ground in Bradford is entirely in the hands of the council which is not a position you would wish on your worst enemy. Just supposing they did have the finance for a new ground the best route to persue woud be to apply for permission to build a cycle track, then build a stadium and apply for retrospective planning permission to have it waived through, that's how most thing's seem to get built in BMD that and a big tin of palm grease😑

22 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

If there's no contract they haven't got a ground to play at and hence can't get permission to play at what would effectively be a non existent entity. The contract could of course be subject to only becoming valid if approval is given, which it has. 

surely you would get a memorandum of understanding which can then become the basis for the contract.. in the same way you could have a memorandum of understanding to play away from odsal without naming the ground with it being "subject to minimum criteria" and maybe a list of where they would say yes to etc.. not as black and white as contract or no contract.

35 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I still don't see how anybody is going to make it pay playing out of Odsal, only having the stand and the hospitality area open will still require maintenance costs on top of the exorbitant rent. The Dewsbury share can only be at most 2 seasons before it kills the club off and the chance's of a new ground in Bradford is entirely in the hands of the council which is not a position you would wish on your worst enemy. Just supposing they did have the finance for a new ground the best route to persue woud be to apply for permission to build a cycle track, then build a stadium and apply for retrospective planning permission to have it waived through, that's how most thing's seem to get built in BMD that and a big tin of palm grease😑

These old stadia really are a money pit. I remember Eamon McManus commenting that Knowlsey Road was costing them over £1M a year just to maintain at current standard to gain a safety certificate each year. Given the size of Odsal you'd imagine their bill is at last this much.

• Like 1

This is captain Juncker speaking. The EU gravy train is about to enter Brussels, so will all Brits please exit at the next stop

To all remaining passengers, thank you for your continued custom and contributions to my pension fund

Kind Regards - YOUR PRESIDENT !

Lost 2 good Championship Players in Green and Webster in past couple of days, with rumour others to Follow. Under 13 First Team Players signed in and no date for when they come out of special measures.

On 06/10/2019 at 14:35, Angelic Cynic said:

and has been invited to improve Warrington town centre.

How did he manage to secure the services of the Enola Gay ??

4 hours ago, RP London said:

surely you would get a memorandum of understanding which can then become the basis for the contract.. in the same way you could have a memorandum of understanding to play away from odsal without naming the ground with it being "subject to minimum criteria" and maybe a list of where they would say yes to etc.. not as black and white as contract or no contract.

No, you need to have a named ground.

1 hour ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Lost 2 good Championship Players in Green and Webster in past couple of days, with rumour others to Follow. Under 13 First Team Players signed in and no date for when they come out of special measures.

I think they may struggle for a first team squad - and a reserve side -if they remain in Special Measures.

Perhaps the left and right hand at The RFL aren't acquainted - https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55496/line-up-for--reserve-grade-finalised

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No, you need to have a named ground.

Ok so the first bit of my post then.. 

14 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

It will be amazing if the current club continues. It looks like all contracts are null and void anyway and the reality is, who as part of a takeover bid is going to "buy" 600k+ worth of debts when they will shortly have a chance to get the name of the club for nothing?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RP London said:

Ok so the first bit of my post then.. 

As I said earlier you could have a clause stating that the contract only came into effect if the RFL approved the move. Since they have......