Sign in to follow this  
Man of Kent

Opening round of Super League

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Nee bover Marra - just post when you are ready.

Ok marra I will.  Keep a look out for it I would hate to disappoint you 

4 hours ago, JonM said:

Salford v Toronto next Saturday afternoon will be a benchmark for those who like to keep tabs on attendances.  

Heard loads of free tickets being dished out to schoolkids in the Salford area

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Heard loads of free tickets being dished out to schoolkids in the Salford area

What's wrong with that ?

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 22:29, scotchy1 said:

Elstone done his job?

The undoubted positive of the re-brand and new content has been great. 

The absolute car crash of the website content, accuracy and social media inaccuracies is poor to say the least, and suggests that when we pay external companies they do a good job but our internal people are poor. 

Watching the highlights yesterday it also struck me that we have lost another sponsor, the ambulance chasers from the big screen. This must be the first year that we have ever gone into a season without any kind of new commercial deal. 

55 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The undoubted positive of the re-brand and new content has been great. 

The absolute car crash of the website content, accuracy and social media inaccuracies is poor to say the least, and suggests that when we pay external companies they do a good job but our internal people are poor. 

Watching the highlights yesterday it also struck me that we have lost another sponsor, the ambulance chasers from the big screen. This must be the first year that we have ever gone into a season without any kind of new commercial deal. 

That is no great loss.

I was so glad to see the roulette wheel disappear from the VR screen.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 01:34, Man of Kent said:

Not by a long chalk, that’s all about the TV deal. Feels he has contributed to making Super League a more desirable product, however. 

That said, the biggest improvement is the quality of the imports to sell the game and that’s got little to do with him. 

I think we can put money on him latching onto every other gain made in the game though. 

It would be interesting to see his full job specification.

3 minutes ago, Click said:

That is no great loss.

I was so glad to see the roulette wheel disappear from the VR screen.

Absolutely, it was a terrible animation - but apparently it is another sponsor lost. I say apparently, because the SL website still includes their logo, so who knows?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Absolutely, it was a terrible animation - but apparently it is another sponsor lost. I say apparently, because the SL website still includes their logo, so who knows?

Cant go by that. Bile Beans are still being advertised on a hoarding off Lord Mayors Walk in York. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

As far as Toronto's concerned, I'm just going to put their games played in Canada on my spreadsheet, it seems the easiest solution..

Don’t mention spreadsheets.....

On the sponsorship front though we currently have:

Betfred, Northern, Batchelors and Dacia. 

Using the wayback machine, looking at the website 10 years ago, the following logos were on the superleague.co.uk site:

William Hill, Steeden, Sky Sports, engage, Carnegie, Frontline, Gillette, Puma, The co-operative, Irn Bru, Peter's Pies, Holiday Inn, DeWalt, Valvoline and Polar. 

Now I accept that these are not necessarily like-for-like, and you could easily add things like the Sky Sports and BBC logos now to pad it out, but there is a worrying lack of brands associated with our comp.

To be fair to Elstone, things like the re-brand and focus on quality content is the kind of thing that can really help with this. 

I did also note that Sky coverage doesn't appear to be sponsored by BetFred any more either.

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

On the sponsorship front though we currently have:

Betfred, Northern, Batchelors and Dacia. 

Using the wayback machine, looking at the website 10 years ago, the following logos were on the superleague.co.uk site:

William Hill, Steeden, Sky Sports, engage, Carnegie, Frontline, Gillette, Puma, The co-operative, Irn Bru, Peter's Pies, Holiday Inn, DeWalt, Valvoline and Polar. 

Now I accept that these are not necessarily like-for-like, and you could easily add things like the Sky Sports and BBC logos now to pad it out, but there is a worrying lack of brands associated with our comp.

To be fair to Elstone, things like the re-brand and focus on quality content is the kind of thing that can really help with this. 

I did also note that Sky coverage doesn't appear to be sponsored by BetFred any more either.

Don't forget ronseal as well. 

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Don't forget ronseal as well. 

They aren't an SL sponsor IIRC, they are an RFL sponsor - the refs are the RFL. To be fair, this is one of the differences, some of those from 10 years ago were RFL assets that could be bundled in with SL.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

They aren't an SL sponsor IIRC, they are an RFL sponsor - the refs are the RFL. To be fair, this is one of the differences, some of those from 10 years ago were RFL assets that could be bundled in with SL.

Yeah that's true, fair enough. 

15 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Is there a list of rfl sponsors somewhere? Just been on website and can't see anything, granted it is the mobile website so might be different. 

don't think so. Makes you wonder why anyone would bother tbh. 

I think on the England section it has their sponsors, and maybe it does the same on the Championships pages. 

Thought it would be worth bumping this thread up again.

Every team bar one has a win now and winners are getting increasingly difficult to predict across almost all games.

This is a really competitive league this year. 

Huddersfield the only unbeaten team after 3 rounds - doubt many people would've predicted that.

7 minutes ago, JonM said:

Huddersfield the only unbeaten team after 3 rounds - doubt many people would've predicted that.

They’ve played 2 games. 

48 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Thought it would be worth bumping this thread up again.

Every team bar one has a win now and winners are getting increasingly difficult to predict across almost all games.

This is a really competitive league this year. 

Wakefield bearing Warrington was a shock. I hope the league continues to be this competitive this season. Hopefully we get to Round 29 and can’t pick a winner