They're updating the RL fixtures page as the news of postponements comes through. I doubt they have someone monitoring Twitter etc. - it will rely on the clubs or RFL telling the BBC.

Edited by JonM
  • Like 2

And in fact the linked story at the top of this page now says:

Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos and Wakefield Trinity against Catalan Dragons' Super League games are off.

21 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

no rugby league affected by the weather today then...

It does not say that, though. It says that Football , rugby union and horse racing...

equally it does NOT say that Mablethorpe Sand Racing has been cancelled today.

• Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

It does not say that, though. It says that Football , rugby union and horse racing...

equally it does NOT say that Mablethorpe Sand Racing has been cancelled today.

When was the Mablethorpe Sand Racing cancelled? I’ve not seen any notification of that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe the BBC are confused because ours is a summer sport and it wouldn't be affected by adverse weather in the heart of winter.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ST1959 said:

The tfl are not up to date with postponements  so what chance the BBC 

I have many criticisms of Transport for London, but I don't think we can blame them for this. :kolobok_wink: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

The BBC RL page had postponements on mid morning, and it has been updating. Featherstone game called of at 12 and was on the BBC around 12.30 as off.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I have many criticisms of Transport for London, but I don't think we can blame them for this. :kolobok_wink: 

New excuse Trampolines on lines.They must thiunk we are daft.Who's going to believe that?.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

no rugby league affected by the weather today then...

Have you actually read the article, it says which SL games are off. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Have you actually read the article, it says which SL games are off. 

He read it before anyone involved in RL told them about any postponements and expected them to be psychic, got a bit overexcited and ranted on here with a conspiracy story 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

When was the Mablethorpe Sand Racing cancelled? I’ve not seen any notification of that?

I feel for all the fans from the other side of the country. They will have already started their journeys.

Just looking at our league and nowt there about postponements . You’d hope they’d be on top of things 

No matter what your allegiances, if you go on T'interweb enough you will always find enough information to agree with any theories you may have.

2 hours ago, billybell said:

I feel for all the fans from the other side of the country. They will have already started their journeys.

Haven to London 5 hours 31 mins in this weather as well. Well  done everyone involved with Haven who travelled. 

• Like 2