Thu 19 Nov: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/20 at 20:15

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Wow, how often is that penalised ?

September 2019 Partington cautioned by disciplinary over head patting. The previous week Gildart conceded a penalty against Salford for the same offence.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, andyscoot said:

Half time, Satan XIII lead 13-2

It's the Warrington fans I feel sorry for. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kendall has some history with pro-Wigan calls doesn't he?

As for Hull though - they've had a few go against them but champion teams need to overcome the adversity during a game and they've folded a bit after a strong first 20 minutes. They need, to deploy one of Steve Price's favourite phrases, more resilience.

I am having to watch this on a phone, I dont know if it was mentioned by the commentary team, and I'd need to see it again. But with Hulls disallowed try wasnt there a case for saying the Wigan player that was impeded was offside and wasn't allowed to interfere with play anyway, therefore he was free game to be pushed out of the way?

Anyway, regardless of any decisions I think Wigan are worth their lead. Even when we were in the arm wrestle I never felt like we were bossing the game. Always on the back foot. Their defence looks impenetrable at the minute, we need to start throwing caution to the wind a little bit. Need an early try.

Just now, M j M said:

Kendall has some history with pro-Wigan calls doesn't he?

As for Hull though - they've had a few go against them but champion teams need to overcome the adversity during a game and they've folded a bit after a strong first 20 minutes. They need, to deploy one of Steve Price's favourite phrases, more resilience.

They need to sort out that right side of defence. When Wigan get in their half, it looks as though they’re going to carve through them time and time again. 

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

September 2019 Partington cautioned by disciplinary over head patting. The previous week Gildart conceded a penalty against Salford for the same offence.

Refs always pick up on it now, quite rightly too.

Griffin should have had more sense. It turned the game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Back to the game ; IMO Wigan deserve their lead. Their defence has, mainly, been outstanding. Hull have really struggled to get out of their own half, only managing 40 or so metres from their 5 tackles. Wigan have (mostly) kept their cool and taken the chances that came their way. Hull forcing a little bit in attack. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Just now, MZH said:

I am having to watch this on a phone, I dont know if it was mentioned by the commentary team, and I'd need to see it again. But with Hulls disallowed try wasnt there a case for saying the Wigan player that was impeded was offside and wasn't allowed to interfere with play anyway, therefore he was free game to be pushed out of the way?

Anyway, regardless of any decisions I think Wigan are worth their lead. Even when we were in the arm wrestle I never felt like we were bossing the game. Always on the back foot. Their defence looks impenetrable at the minute, we need to start throwing caution to the wind a little bit. Need an early try.

He was offside but I still don’t think you can take him out. He’s within his rights to pick the ball up and concede a penalty. 

We look like rabbits caught in headlights, seems Kendal is allowing Wigan a very short defensive 10m.

How does a Wigan knock on turn into a Wigan penalty? Is that the first pat on the head penalised this year?

We are struggling and look miles from turning it around.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Just now, Ullman said:

Refs always pick up on it now, quite rightly too.

Griffin should have had more sense. It turned the game.

I think what made it worse was that it was done aggressively as opposed to a bit of a rub and thanks for that, that then caused the Wigan players to kick-off.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

Well I’ll be in a minority and accept I was wrong ! I didn’t know that . In that case if that’s known by the teams he was stupid 

Archived