Fans back?

4 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

At our football club we are allowed max 300 a few teams in the league had (Prior to lockdown) allowed way over that number we had a 400 and 450 and one club 900 +.

When one checked the league website 3/4 clubs would announce 300 dead + the usual lower end ones 212 136 72 and a dog etc:)

Hastings stopped selling when the maximum was reached (every game sold out) and you weren't allowed in without the code on your phone. I believe that at least one game was checked to ensure that social distancing inside the ground was being followed.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

There is more certainty than there currently is.

Championship and L1 games for example can be planned, as many would not test these limits. They can also be sold to the lower limits until the week of the game, as we do see that there is generally a notice period for these movements.

I'd expect bumper crowds even at L1 level. After this Year and these lockdowns. As you say, plan to sell tickets to the lower limits. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I think there is also the fact that there is maybe a level of confidence that there will be vaccines well in circulation by Spring, so it gives a huigher level of confidence around starting to make plans to start a season in March. A few weeks ago I think it would have been very risky to even think that. 

Not intending to get bogged down in details but the vaccination programme for most people will not be in full swing for a long time yet: April would be highly optimistic for the majority of us.

There is still cause for optimism but exclude vaccinations from the calculation at the moment is what I am saying.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

29 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Hastings stopped selling when the maximum was reached (every game sold out) and you weren't allowed in without the code on your phone. I believe that at least one game was checked to ensure that social distancing inside the ground was being followed.

Thats the way it should be, however with clubs continuing to pay crazy money (One player at one club on 800 a week at Step 6) one can see why rules are being broken .

28 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Police (two vans and two cars) turned up to a non-league game I went to because someone had called them due to social distancing. There was more police than the away side had on the pitch, as they had a man sent-off and one went off injured once they used all their subs. 

2 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'm wondering what the stipulations will be in terms of percentage capacity, you'd imagine there'd be something in place to say only 25% of the total capacity to allow for social distancing. 

It says in the article 4000 in tier 1, 2000 in tier and no more than 50% capacity.

Very handy for Rugby Union who have just started their new season. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It says in the article 4000 in tier 1, 2000 in tier and no more than 50% capacity.

Very handy for Rugby Union who have just started their new season. 

Yorkshire Carnegie will be ok even in Tier 3

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

What about visiting fans from Tier 3, excluded from travelling out of their area's? 

I assume it'll be the same as last time, where wherever you go you have to treat it as if you're in your local areas rules.

5 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

But there won't be certainty Dave.

Not wishing to sound negative but imagine if you make plans for Tier 1 and a week before the game you go into Tier 2?

It's happened in non league football - a night before a game in front of fans

It will be season ticket holders only to begin with and capacities varying according to size and location. If Rugby League restarts after 22nd March 2021 crowds will be in albiet restricted at first.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I went to some non league football matches down here in Cornwall when they started letting reduced numbers in. 

Only 2 out of the 7 clubs I visited provided the precautionary measures outlined in their make-believe risk assessments. Turned out a lot of the assessments were cut and paste off generic examples found via Google.

The grounds were unsafe so I stopped going. No track & trace, everyone shoulder to shoulder in the stand when it rained, large mobs bunched together outside pitchside clubhouses on the ale all afternoon and much more besides. It was farcical.

There's hardly any Police or HSE down here so they got away with it. The North will be different and I hope all the Rugby League clubs, big, small, whatever, do things properly when the opportunity to attend comes around. The authorities will be watching but it's also everybody's responsibility to follow guidance, both clubs and spectators.

Stay safe, stay sensible 🙂

22 hours ago, JohnM said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

A maximum of 4,000 fans will be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the four-week lockdown in England ends on 2 December.

Up to 2,000 people will be allowed in tier two areas but none in tier three.

The Welsh government still has a blanket ban on spectators at sporting events, which if it continues will cause big problems for the Crusaders and West Wales.

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Very suspicious that the new announcement was made with only one game of a Rugby League season left to play, but plenty more of the Union Season left.

Funny that!

Meanwhile here in Canada we can only dream of having live sport with spectators and given that our politicians are giving us all sorts of dire warnings about Christmas I suspect it’s going to be a very long time before we have any live sport with fans.

28 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Funny that!

Meanwhile here in Canada we can only dream of having live sport with spectators and given that our politicians are giving us all sorts of dire warnings about Christmas I suspect it’s going to be a very long time before we have any live sport with fans.

Is that because of the number of cross-border competitions like the MLS or NHL, or are the CFL and Canadian Premier League (suppose they should be the CPL...) in the same boat?

18 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Is that because of the number of cross-border competitions like the MLS or NHL, or are the CFL and Canadian Premier League (suppose they should be the CPL...) in the same boat?

All sports, although I suspect that part of the problem is the much higher numbers of cases in Toronto, Montreal and increasingly Vancouver making it difficult for even a domestic comp like the CFL to run when those teams located in the major cities could not play. Sports at the next level down, such as University sports, cannot afford the cost of testing, nor operating without paying spectators, which means the likes of my sons are currently resigned to individual strength and conditioning plus some practice with their small bubble only.

The government's tier-checker site has crashed under the weight of people wanting to know but it looks like most of "rugby league country" - except Liverpool - is going to be Tier 3 for now, Liverpool in Tier 2.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

45 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The government's tier-checker site has crashed under the weight of people wanting to know but it looks like most of "rugby league country" - except Liverpool - is going to be Tier 3 for now, Liverpool in Tier 2.

Aye the checker is rubbish but there's a list and West Yorkshire and GM are in tier 3

Warrington maybe tier 2

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Aye the checker is rubbish but there's a list and West Yorkshire and GM are in tier 3

Warrington maybe tier 2

That's because Warrington is in Cheshire.

Archived